PDA

View Full Version : Rain X Latitude wipers

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Needed new wipers for my Jeep and figured i'd give these a shot. They're about twice the price of your average silicone wiper so i made sure to hang on to my receipt in case they suck.

Well to make this short, they're the baddest wipers you'll ever buy. BUT, my only gripe is that on some vehicles...my '98 Cherokee for one, the windshield is angled on the sides so much that the wiper loses contact on the furthest point on the passenger side at the bottom of the "wipe" so you get about a 5 inch section down right before the wipers come to a rest that doesn't get wiped at all because the blade loses contact there. It's something to do with how the wipers are made because traditional metal frame wipers don't do this. Still, they work so damn good everywhere else that i'll let that slide. I'm gonna give these about a month trial and if i like'em i'm getting them for the Mustang and Merkur.

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Wiper_Blades/Latitude.aspx

Oh, and Meijer has them on sale right now...i got the 18 inch which are usually $18 each but they were on sale for $14.

Mr.Moontang
02-23-2008, 12:11 PM
I have them on the Pimpscort and love, them Pepboys has a buy one get one free rebate thing going on right now.

IWRBB
02-23-2008, 01:22 PM
I had those before they hit all the parts stores, ordered them online. Asuuming they don't take too much abuse, they are good. They failed on me though. Right in the middle of an ice storm 2 years ago, the main plastic mount in the middle of the the wiper broke. That was it for me. I generally get Bosch wipers now, they are curved correctly for each windshield.

PaulFiveOh
02-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Just so you all know, the Bosch Icons are the same thing, just a different brand.

Mr.Moontang
02-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Just so you all know, the Bosch Icons are the same thing, just a different brand.

Wrong the Icons have a way cleaner mounting system than the Latitude wipers

PaulFiveOh
02-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Ah my bad.

I completely think the Icons kick ass.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-24-2008, 12:47 AM
So the Bosch are better? Never seen'em, where can i get them? If they Rain X are going to crap out in a year then they're going back. I usually buy those Walmart Tripple Edge wipers and they're fantastic for at least a year and they're only like $7 each.

PaulFiveOh
02-24-2008, 01:08 AM
What I like the best is how massive they are.

Also, the connector on them is solid as hell.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Well guys they got returned. Reason is because of how i described that section that doesn't get wiped...it makes a big difference when it's snowing outside...makes for a blind spot on the driver's side. I took'em back and got some basic Bosch metal frame wipers and they work great. They still don't contact the glass 100% on that side (maybe i never noticed?) but they do a much better job and they don't streak and do just as good of a job for half the price.

cstreu1026
02-24-2008, 07:52 PM
I have great luck with the lower priced Bosch wiper blades. They seem to work better for a long time than the cheap Anco blades and don't break the bank. I hate the idea of spending $40+ on a pair of wiper blades.

KB1
02-27-2008, 10:36 PM
I just bought a set for the "work car" 2007 Focus upon reading reviews, so far they are great, this morning they performed awesome, the ice didn't faze them a bit & they stayed flat across the whole windshield, we'll see how they do in the long term, thanks for the recommendation David (sorry they did not work for the Jeep) & Mr. Moontang!
Kevin