PDA

View Full Version : need some help

black90lx
02-25-2008, 06:35 AM
I have a 88 Gt that is lowered about 2 inches with ebachi sportline springs with 17 inch chrome bullets. What would be the best shocks to get to get it to hook? I plan on putting ET streets or the Mickey Thompson drag radials on it. I like the way the car looks and I want to try to keep it that way. I have a set of 4 cylinder springs to put on it just in case I can't get it 60FT decent. What can I expect out of it with it being lowered? It has rear upper and lower control arms and the stock K member with KYB on all corners.

mustangboy
02-25-2008, 08:32 AM
I'd go with the Strange shocks and struts. They will give you some tuning ability for the strip and then still good handling on the street. I would not expect great 60's using the Eibachs. The just won't give you the weight transfer to get great 60's. This is a great chance to do some experimenting. I would take the car to the track the way it sits and then try some new tires and see what difference they make. Still not good enough try the shocks and struts and see what you pick up with them. Still not what you hope for then try different springs. I would go step by step to see what actually makes the biggest difference. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

5.0calypso93lx
02-25-2008, 11:05 AM
What's your budget? I HATE those springs. They are purely for looks and actually hurt the suspension. What kind of budget are you on? If you want that lowered look and still be able to get traction, I would go with coilovers up front with strange struts, and those 4 cyl springs out back with a set of Pro3i weight jacker lower control arms and some strange shocks.

black90lx
02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok I will. I will probably be putting down around 500 to the wheels.

black90lx
02-25-2008, 11:14 AM
What's your budget? I HATE those springs. They are purely for looks and actually hurt the suspension. What kind of budget are you on? If you want that lowered look and still be able to get traction, I would go with coilovers up front with strange struts, and those 4 cyl springs out back with a set of Pro3i weight jacker lower control arms and some strange shocks.

My car rides real good with them. I don't want to spend a bunch on it because I plan on going with a tubular K-member and all new rear suspension next winter. I would be happy with 1.6 60fts this year.