PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Car Expo

jaystang44
02-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Went Saturday. It was a fun good display. Only things I didnt like was; Cevys new Camaro was completely fake and not even drivable, cadillac didnt have a XLR there, and they had the mustang KR and new bullit locked you couldnt get in them but man they looked sweet.

I had a good time and would do it agian. $7 bucks if you bought your tickets at Krogers too that was pretty cool. Great cars and a lot of fun!!! :bigthumb

So any body know what the CS means in the mustang GT/CS. they had one there and I believe it said something about california special. What does that mean any way. There is one around the delhi area that I see and could never figure it out.

theyallslow
02-25-2008, 10:50 AM
i had a good time I was there sunday, i saw moontang and aperacer. that Camaro was fake as hell. most of the other car were kool to look at and get into.

hondaboynky
02-25-2008, 12:25 PM
i was impressed with the new challenger.... had to say that was my favorite right behind the new mugen civic but thats just me...

jaystang44
02-25-2008, 12:37 PM
challenger looked just like the camaro.....atleast the challenger was real though.... I like both the challenger and Camaro though.

I was too distracted by the KR to really pay attention to that challenger though... they where both right by each other :D:D

Didnt really pay attention to the civics....:rolleyes: thats not me....but my buddys goings to buy that accura TSL or what ever its called, so he was all into showing me that.....it wasnt bad but yet again thats not me either

I loved being able to get into the cadillacs :bigthumb...I love em....Actually if you got a chance the vans that chevy had....:confused: the explors I think:confused:.....where pretty sweet. limo style :bigthumb

Gene
02-25-2008, 12:46 PM
I want a new Challenger. That thing is just gorgeous.

I'm a fan of the new Jaguar F-type as well.

jaystang44
02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
I want a new Challenger. That thing is just gorgeous.

I'm a fan of the new Jaguar F-type as well.

Girl friend loves the jag

Mr.Moontang
02-25-2008, 01:14 PM
I could not believe they had the KR and the Bullet on the floor and not roped off!!! At one point when I was checking out the KR a lady leaned her ass on the nose of the car to rest...I had to walk away!!!

bobtsgt
02-25-2008, 01:22 PM
we were there Sunday. Decided we are getting a FX4 this fall. And mabey a Lexus IS F only if I sell a kidney :D

Paul408Notch
02-25-2008, 01:27 PM
I went Saturday. I didn't like it just because it was WAY too crowded. I think my favorite was the Maroon Maserati with the pumpkin leather interior. It sounds horrible, but that was one of the best looking cars in that place.

69428SCJ
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
...So any body know what the CS means in the mustang GT/CS. they had one there and I believe it said something about california special. What does that mean any way. There is one around the delhi area that I see and could never figure it out.

Back in the day Ford used to offer "regional" specials which consisted of special option groupings. For instance, on the cougar they offered what was called the rocky mountain special, which was special paint, a ski rack and something else. Right now ford is offering the F-150 "midwest special" which is just a decor package. The CS was, just like you'd expect...a special for california. But, the popularity of that group was so large that they made it a national option. That's why sometimes you'll see 67-68s with a GT/CS decal on it, and sometimes it'll just be a plain CS. Back then you really could order your car pretty much any way you wanted it.

BigBadStang
02-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Back in the day Ford used to offer "regional" specials which consisted of special option groupings. For instance, on the cougar they offered what was called the rocky mountain special, which was special paint, a ski rack and something else. Right now ford is offering the F-150 "midwest special" which is just a decor package. The CS was, just like you'd expect...a special for california. But, the popularity of that group was so large that they made it a national option. That's why sometimes you'll see 67-68s with a GT/CS decal on it, and sometimes it'll just be a plain CS. Back then you really could order your car pretty much any way you wanted it.

Didn't the original California Specials also have a fold down portion of the rear seat back that would allow for the transportation of a surf board put in from the trunk, among other things?

ihave1sweetride
02-25-2008, 04:25 PM
we were there Sunday. Decided we are getting a FX4 this fall. And mabey a Lexus IS F only if I sell a kidney :D

I think a yes on the truck.... i would love to have the lexus... don't think we can afford it for a few years....

69428SCJ
02-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Didn't the original California Specials also have a fold down portion of the rear seat back that would allow for the transportation of a surf board put in from the trunk, among other things?

I believe the folding rear seat was an option on all cars, but yes...that was part of the package if memory serves me right

plattner01
02-25-2008, 11:30 PM
oh crap i missed it, been out of town since weds nite.

07thorobrd
03-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Went Saturday. It was a fun good display. Only things I didnt like was; Cevys new Camaro was completely fake and not even drivable, cadillac didnt have a XLR there, and they had the mustang KR and new bullit locked you couldnt get in them but man they looked sweet.

I had a good time and would do it agian. $7 bucks if you bought your tickets at Krogers too that was pretty cool. Great cars and a lot of fun!!! :bigthumb

So any body know what the CS means in the mustang GT/CS. they had one there and I believe it said something about california special. What does that mean any way. There is one around the delhi area that I see and could never figure it out.yea it stands for california speacial so people say that it stands for carrol shelby but idk. i think it would be funny if they came out w a GT/OS (ohio special)lol

Mista Bone
03-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Ford has a Cincinnati Edition package for the trucks, likely just a chrome package.

Noticed the add on TV this weekend.

BigBadStang
03-11-2008, 08:59 AM
yea it stands for california speacial so people say that it stands for carrol shelby but idk. i think it would be funny if they came out w a GT/OS (ohio special)lol

It would come complete with snow plow and salt spreader, and have an active suspension and oversized tires to handle all the pot holes!

jaystang44
03-11-2008, 09:03 AM
It would come complete with snow plow and salt spreader, and have an active suspension and oversized tires to handle all the pot holes!

NICE!!!! :bigthumb

thecollector
03-12-2008, 09:46 PM
The idea of California special mustangs were kicked around inside ford motor company for a short term (automotively speaking). Ford motor company contracted Shelby Automobiles Inc. in Dec of 68' to DEVELOP the cars for production. The actual components for production of the GT/CS were manufactured by a company in Burbank California by the name of ACSCO. The cars were constructed in the San Jose plant. Production began 2/17/68 and ended 7/30/68. Some of the cars used to construct 68 GT/CS's had DOB's as early as 12-28-67. The production of the cars was cut from 5,500 to 4325 due to low sales demand. The 68 shelby coupes were actually prototyped from a GT/CS purchased by shelby from ford in April 68' that was referred to as "green hornet." In the end competition from other mustang nameplates (AKA shelby)proved to be the demise of the GT/CS. These car's do currently command a premium in price over other comparably equipped models however the muscle car market is so overinflated at this point that it is difficult to project if the trend will continue. The new GT/CS's do no seem to be bringing any more money than that of any other GT.

I drove a new bullit at Kerry Ford a few months ago and was impressed with the overal package. However it is by no means a performance bargain. My driver stickered at well over 30k. For out of the box looks however it does have a great street stance. In the aftermarket or by walking to the parts counter you can build a better car and save a few thousand.

I was out of town for the auto show so I can't really comment on it but I went last year and doubt their was a great deal of change. GM has been taunting us with the "new" camaro for years now(it's not new when they've been showing it around since late 03'." When they do deliver it they better make sure the final product is worth the wait.

Well.... If you made it this far thanks for reading my post. I guess I'm finally out of things to say.

BigBadStang
03-13-2008, 09:38 AM
good post...thanks for the details!