PDA

View Full Version : My son needs help!

untamed
02-25-2008, 02:03 PM
i have a 1992 honda civic with a 96+ GSR Swap in it.. I put a all new valve tran in the car.. Supertech dual valve springs, retainers, and valves.. I Also put blox stage 2 cams and skunk2 cam gears in it.. We wired everything up and for some odd reason it will not hit Vtec.. We called blox too see if the cams was vtec killers and there not.. We hot wired vtec from cyloniod to the positive side of battery and vtec opened and we ran it down the street and it kicked in hard.. Check my ECU and put nit in my buddies car that also has a GSR and vtec hit.. But for some odd reason vtec will not kick in my car.. it is totally in time and im getting oil pressure to the head.. I'm getting perfect pressure.. Please someone help or call me 513-582-2622

Maximus
02-25-2008, 02:39 PM
PM me and Ill get ya a phone number.:)

BIGHONKEY
02-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Did you wire v-tec from the ECU (hopefully the right ECU) into the engine harness? If his car was a canadian made 92 CX or is an Si it will allready have the wiring there.

There are many reasons vtec won't engauge. Bad solenoid, ?, VSS, ect...

untamed
02-25-2008, 08:02 PM
i ran a single wire from the P72 GSR ECU directly too the vtec solenoid and it still didnt work.. the only way it will work is if it is hot wired from the positive side of the battery then we pull it off so we dont fry the solenoid.. And It Is A DX Civic..

And we checked vtec solenoid by taking it off and looking at everything inside of it.. and we even touched the vtec solenoid wire to positive side of battery too see if it would click (open) and it did..

Mista Bone
02-25-2008, 10:31 PM
you need a second wire to the oil prssure switch.

A6 and D4 on the ECU pin outs.

16 gauge speaker wire will work just fine.

Also, which wiring did you use for the MAP sensor or did someone else do the wiring?

I assume no CELs correct?

The 92 wiring is only to the shock tower, still have to run it from there.

hondaboynky
02-27-2008, 02:43 PM
yes yes mista bone is correct for vtec to cross you need to run two wires from the vtec sol. to the ecu cant remeber what ones but I DO KNOW THAT THERE ARE 2