PDA

View Full Version : BODIES The Exibit

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Who has seen this? We're going today and i wanna know if my 5 year old son can handle it or is it too gory/mature for him? Also what's playing at the Omnimax right now? I'll post my review later tonight :bigthumb

Michelle
02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
was thinking about going this weekend. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Holly
02-28-2008, 12:56 PM
I can't wait to go. Me, Mom, Julie (sister), and her 9 year old daughter are going, I got some free tickets (it's over $20 a piece to get in there!). I think we are going to wait until April or May to go, when the hype dies down a bit, it is too crowded right now.

Would love to hear some reviews, good or bad, about it though.

fst 5pto
02-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Who has seen this? We're going today and i wanna know if my 5 year old son can handle it or is it too gory/mature for him? Also what's playing at the Omnimax right now? I'll post my review later tonight :bigthumb

It is part of the bodies exhibit.... they go through and show how certain things happen inside the body... on a HUGE screen :bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-28-2008, 01:02 PM
We're gonna take him...he's a smart little kid so i think he'll take it ok. I read a thing from the producers that said around age 6 is when kids will really be interested.

I think with a Kroger card you get $4 off.

theyallslow
02-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I went to the opening weekend. it was great, and it was like $3 or $4 more for the movie. I think the movie was very good to.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I called about prices...for the exibit and movie and the museum of natural history it's $29.50 for adults and $19.50 for kids 3-12 years old. Kinda pricey but where else do you get a movie, a museum tour, and get to see dissected dead people?

jaystang44
02-28-2008, 02:33 PM
:eek: I think im going to pass on this one

Dead body parts is just not my thing :(

RIXXX93GT
02-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Im going tomorrow afternoon.

MsBlkramair
02-28-2008, 02:53 PM
:eek: I think im going to pass on this one

Dead body parts is just not my thing :(

They are definately MY thing! haha As a student mortician........I would say that this is something that everyone should go see. It is pricey (I get a free ticket.....school field trip), but it is very educational. I get to see the insides of a person all the time.....blood and gore too!

ricks_85_gt
02-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I dont need to see the exhibit. I see the real shit everyday.............and its just as sick. But it is cool as hell!!

347sc
02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
I'd like to check it out.My kids want to go too. Might have to check it out this weekend.

abush1971
02-28-2008, 04:50 PM
It is part of the bodies exhibit.... they go through and show how certain things happen inside the body... on a HUGE screen :bigthumb

The Omnimax movie is 'The Human Body,' it is not done by the same people as the exhibit, but its still pretty cool. I think the exhibit is very informative, and done quite well. If you moral aspect of were the bodies came from doesn't bother you than you should deff come and see it. The weekends have been completely nuts, we have been sold out or at capacity every sat and sun since it openned.

Dont forget 'Ski to the Max' on Saturday night, best Omnimax movie I have seen.

theyallslow
02-28-2008, 05:03 PM
the only thing i did not care to see is the dead babys, I like the jokes but did not like to see the things that they did to them. the rest of it was great, nothing sick or anything that will make you pass out, well unless you get a bad sit at the movie. I say go see it I loved it.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Wow, it was pretty amazing. I've seen plenty of death and gore and it's nothing at all like that. Most of it is so amazing that it's hard to believe you're even looking at a real person. We were skeptical about the babies part since we're expecting a baby in August, but even that part was ok for us since we learned a lot about the fetal development and such. The way i see it is it's sad that a baby has died but at least it's living on and teaching people. My son wasn't bothered at all by it either. I don't really think he understood it much though, but he wasn't freaked out or anything.

I kinda thought The Human Body movie sucked...it wasn't anything i didn't see in health class at school.

snotzs135
02-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I hope to make it down soon i have heard nothing but good reviews about it:bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-29-2008, 12:18 PM
I heard something about people getting a bad smell or something that was making people feel sick. There's definitely a smell, it reminded me of science class from when i was in school, but it wasn't anywhere near enough to make you sick, and Kristy being pregnant has a sensitive nose and odors make her sick easy and she was fine.

Then there's that rumor going around that they're all executed Chinese prisoners or something? There is something very odd about them, they're all pretty small in stature and if you look at the eyes they do have a slight slant to them so they very well could be of some Asian/Oriental background. None of them are more than like 5'3''.

There were a few disease oriented things...like you could definitely see on each one if they were a smoker or not and there were a couple organs that showed cancer and there was a brain that showed what a stroke looks like and then another set of lungs that had TB really bad (which freaked me out since i had it in my brain).

Overall i'd recommend EVERYONE go to see it. It's a learning experience that you won't ever get again unless you're in the medical field, and even then you're not seeing bodies opened up to this extreme and stopped in time like they are. There were quite a few medical professionals there taking the tour...you could tell by how they talked about the various pieces.

OOOHH, something else i gotta point out. Penises. Damn were there lots of penises in there. Seemed like 3/4 of them were dudes and my son kept pointing out there there were penises everywhere :lol:

But there were a few women and then the whole section that sort of related to child birth and reproduction, so there's a few sets of boobs and vaginas too.

JIMS SVT
02-29-2008, 07:26 PM
. Seemed like 3/4 of them were dudes and my son kept pointing out there there were penises everywhere :lol:

But there were a few women .

You was checkin out a chicks wang.lol

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-29-2008, 09:50 PM
All the dudes had tiny wangs except for one and his was still pretty small :lol:

mustang8998
03-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Maggie, being a nurse, wants to go see the exhibit. At first, I was like "have fun". I didn't want to go. But, the more I hear about it, I think I'll go check it out.

mach_u
03-01-2008, 09:07 AM
All the dudes had tiny wangs except for one and his was still pretty small :lol:
So you were checking out Wang's wang. :lol:

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-01-2008, 02:19 PM

You couldn't miss Wang's wang....it was just right there for the world to see, and then my son had to keep pointing out that all the wangs were hangin out. :flipoff: :lol:

abush1971
03-01-2008, 06:34 PM
They were thinking about roping off the bodies, because some wangs have been 'damaged,'' haha

RIXXX93GT
03-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Went on Friday and it was pretty cool, one of the museum workers said they were mostly chinese people in the exhibit. Overall it was fascinating but I would have probably had more fun at the cincy auto expo.

Holly
06-14-2008, 09:09 AM

Nothing to check out there, damn, they were little itty bitty guys.

Me, my sister Julie, my mom, and my two nieces (Calie - 9 and Emily 8) went yesterday, we all loved the Bodies Exhibit. My friend works for a radio station and gave me free tickets or I doubt I would have ever gone. We watched "Amazon" at the Omnimax afterwards which was pretty cool too.

MsBlkramair
06-14-2008, 04:42 PM
I went 2 weeks ago with my mortuary science class. We see that stuff all the time, so it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. I was more interested in the nerves and spinal cord.....we don't usually see that stuff. I would love to have the skull with the red and blue veins and arteries inside a clear bowling ball. That would be cool!

There was a group of young kids from school (12, 13, 14 yrs old) walking around with us. When we got to the reproductive system (both male and female pars were inside a glass box to see) this 13 year old boy was pointing at the girl parts saying "That's nasty! That's nasty! girls are just nasty!" It was funny. Wonder if he is either gay, or just hasn't noticed the females yet. lol