PDA

View Full Version : Mass Air question

rhack04
02-29-2008, 02:00 AM
Just wondering what my limitations are on mass air meter size for stock injectors. Well heres the story... I'm buying a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer motor and I'm looking for an A9L computer and wiring harness I don't know but I'm pretty sure that the new motor will have injectors it is a long block but I don't know what size the injectors are. But my question is what size mass air sensor will I be able to use 70mm?

mustangrfast88
02-29-2008, 02:35 AM
if it is a long block no intake you wont have any injectors and if you plan on upgrading injectors i would go with a 73 or 76mm and get the right cal for your injectors

orange93stang
03-01-2008, 10:41 PM
The motor that you are going to buy will more than likely come with 24lb injectors, stock. If you want to bump up the injector size and the mass air meter size, just make sure that the mass air meter is calabrated to the injector size. Be careful when choosing a after market mass air meter though. Instead of actually calibrating the meter some companies have meters that just actually trick the computer. It all has to do with Pulse width and all kind of high tec space shuttle stuff. Just make sure that you dont skimp on that part. I would upgrade to 32il injectors, but 24's are good to about 300 H.P.