PDA

View Full Version : It's Time

Black Horse
03-01-2008, 12:08 AM
I have been thinking a lot about this..but I think it is time. So today I peeled the "In Memory of" sticker off the back of the truck. Its time for me to stop grieving....I can still celebrate the memories and this great site he put together for us, but I feel the need to move on to the next step. The SBZ sticker is still there and will always remain, but it is time to let go of the sadness.

I had a beer in memory during the de-stickering and it just felt right.

Tomorrow is a new day, the tracks are about to open, and we have a big Pink's win to feel so very proud about. I feel my missing comerade smiling upon us all.

Thanks....now Rock it like you never rocked before!

DeckerEnt
03-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Dave, I am sorry but I am not going to remove the Vinny sticker from the race truck. It will probably be there when I sell the truck. The coupe will have only a SBZ sticker on it but the race truck has the Vinny sticker and it is staying put.
Keith

JASON408
03-01-2008, 02:04 AM
I feel the same way the sticker must always stay. . we need a reminder for the people who forget who started this thing . With this place getting new people every day they need to know who runs this thing .VINNY and they never need to forget iT!!!!!!!!:lol: i know he is up there looking down on us :popcorn:

mustang8998
03-01-2008, 02:22 AM
I'll go along with Keith and Jason on this.

In fact, I think I need a couple more stickers.

Mista Bone
03-01-2008, 06:30 AM
I see both sides.........

If I still own the car, sticker stays. When car is sold or crushed, I'll remove the sticker.

My son's Bass Guitar has the same anime figure on it. I'll get a pic of it some day. His GF bought it for him not knowing about Vinny, it really menat something to him. Heck I didn't know Vinny and my son had chatted about music.

I could see removing the "In memory of" because Vinny will never leave us.

Matter of fact, I might need more stickers/stencils for a RC car body I want to do :)

Vinny, although not here, still a big part of us. The small things you do to help someone, either lift their spirits, or get them back on the road to earn a living, or to a track to have some fun.

random movie quote for a laugh..........

"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

Yeah, one of Vinnys best qualitys, make you laugh no matter how bad your day might be.

dedpedal
03-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Ive thought about this too. Vinny was and still is a huge part of my life. When the time seems right to me, Ill remove the sticker from the Poo Roo. To each his own on that matter.Aquaintances come and go but true friends never leave.

Black Horse
03-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Ive thought about this too. Vinny was and still is a huge part of my life. When the time seems right to me, Ill remove the sticker from the Poo Roo. To each his own on that matter.Aquaintances come and go but true friends never leave.

Amen brother!

ponymom05
03-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Yeah, it's a weird feeling. I still have the "in memory of" stickers from my husband's passing on a couple of the vehicles. It's been 3 years. Somehow it seems wrong to remove them, like we'll be struck by lightning or something. As the vehicles leave the fleet, the stickers are removed. Any new vehicles that came in did not get one. I could remove the Vinny stickers before I could remove the Buz stickers, but both still remain. I respect your decision and believe we each have to do what helps us heal. Peace to you.

Cathy

08 Vette
03-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I have been thinking a lot about this..but I think it is time. So today I peeled the "In Memory of" sticker off the back of the truck. Its time for me to stop grieving....I can still celebrate the memories and this great site he put together for us, but I feel the need to move on to the next step. The SBZ sticker is still there and will always remain, but it is time to let go of the sadness.

I had a beer in memory during the de-stickering and it just felt right.

Tomorrow is a new day, the tracks are about to open, and we have a big Pink's win to feel so very proud about. I feel my missing comerade smiling upon us all.

Thanks....now Rock it like you never rocked before!

Well said Dave! I feel the same way, I think it's time to move forward.
Vinny's memory will never die.

MrsAPE
03-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Matilda, my car, will be sporting the sticker minus the in memory of. Those that knew him will know. Just need 'something' to honor him on my car. Agree about the moving forward part. AND his memory will never die. Not as long as those that knew him breath.

untamed
03-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Mine will stay on my car until it falls off. Everyone is different but we all feel the same when it comes to Vinny, He was loved by all of us and none of us will ever forget him.

ruby71oh
03-04-2008, 11:35 PM
I want to thank everyone for their respect and also their own opinions. I, myself, will never be able to fill the void...sticker or no sticker. To some, the sticker means a memory, a website, a friend that passed...to me it brings a lot of pride. I went to Valvoline to get my oil changed today. The guy asked who owned the stang, but nothing about the vinny5oh sticker. And when i read through these replies, I got a brain fart. Perhaps it's my brother looking over me and helping me heal...a few hours before his birthday I might add...but what about a new sticker? A celebration of what the site offers. What about his dirty bird with a stangbangerz.com underneath. No tear, no "in memory of" just the little dude all regular? Everyone on this site knows what it stands for and we can proudly display our stickers with joy of what Vinny brought together, still not forgetting him in our hearts.

DeckerEnt
03-04-2008, 11:45 PM
That would be a cool sticker. Kind of taking it to the next level. A moving on kind of thing. There are so many new comers to the site who have no idea about Vinny and what he started here, a new style could be refreshing. I agree, no tear, no "in memory", just that little dirty bird. We who remember will. Those who don't, don't need to.
Just my .02
Keith

untamed
03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
That is an awesome idea.

NXcoupe
03-05-2008, 11:07 AM
My sticker is painted on my car. I no longer look at it as grieving, but celebrating the time I got to spend with him. He will always be racing with me.
I still remember the rubber chicken and the Dr Jamie Meyer is my Bitch on his back window or trunk lid during true street in Columbus. He could always get me to crack a smile and always interested in how my car was running. I can see both sides, but this is a personal decision as has been stated above.

VuNiT3
03-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I will be rocking the "In Memory Of" sticker until that truck leaves my posession. Not knocking everyone else's decisions though.

08 Vette
03-05-2008, 01:46 PM
We can not use the Dirty Bird. It’s has a copy write on it, it belongs to Hello kitty and they don’t like anyone stealing their stuff.
Check out their site. They have lots of warnings.

Black Hole
03-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks Dave.

My opinion is this....Vinny created SBZ for all of us stang lovers. A lot of us lost a good friend and of course we have the right to mourn our loss. But there comes a time when we need to pick up and move on.....not that we'll ever forget Vinny, but moving on is the natural thing to do. I think Vinny would want us to move on....it's been a year. We should always remember Vinny, but SBZ needs to move on and continue to grow instead of becoming a memorial to Vinny.

JMO.

We can not use the Dirty Bird. It’s has a copy write on it, it belongs to Hello kitty and they don’t like anyone stealing their stuff.
Check out their site. They have lots of warnings.
Yup. :(

Unfortunately, Tim's right.

Vinny was using the Batz Maru (http://www.sanrio.com/characters/) image as his avatar, but their FAQ very clearly states...

Our characters and images are copyrighted and we cannot give permission to use them on personal homepages.
Not only did Vinny use a copyrighted image, but we used their copyrighted image, and even worse we edited their image and distributed it.

Until recently I understood that someone had obtained written permission to use the image, but recently I discovered that a request was made but it was never received. At that time, I removed the decal and poster options from the site and going forward SBZ will not use any copyrighted images without proper permission.

I recommend that everyone remove any decals or images which include this image. As someone who spent more than 10 years in the printing industry, I have seen copyright lawsuits go to court and they aren't something that I would want to be involved with.

Maximus
03-06-2008, 12:55 AM
I recommend that everyone remove any decals or images which include this image. As someone who spent more than 10 years in the printing industry, I have seen copyright lawsuits go to court and they aren't something that I would want to be involved with.

So you are telling us that someone is going to tap us on the shoulder and tell us to remove a Sticker from our car? BWAHAHAHA!! Thats ghey.
and what about a couple of members who have it in their avatar?

Black Hole
03-06-2008, 01:10 AM
So you are telling us that someone is going to tap us on the shoulder and tell us to remove a Sticker from our car? BWAHAHAHA!! Thats ghey.
and what about a couple of members who have it in their avatar?
I'd remove the avatars as well, but this is just my advice.

No, they mostlikely wouldn't do that to an individual....they'd probably just get a cease and disist instruction, but they could very easily sue SBZ and Dave (as the printing vendor) since it was promoted/distributed on here.

Would you want Cincy Speed to be associated with a copyright infringement suit? I don't think you'd want to risk your business, so why would I want to risk SBZ?

Maximus
03-06-2008, 01:18 AM
I'd remove the avatars as well, but this is just my advice.

No, they mostlikely wouldn't do that to an individual....they'd probably just get a cease and disist instruction, but they could very easily sue SBZ and Dave (as the printing vendor) since it was promoted/distributed on here.

Would you want Cincy Speed to be associated with a copyright infringement suit? I don't think you'd want to risk your business, so why would I want to risk SBZ?

I didnt get mine from Dave. So is Chevy going to make me cut off my arm because I have Bowties tattoo'd on it?
Serious guy, you need to lighten up.

Mista Bone
03-06-2008, 04:22 AM
That being said, I'll put up a picture of my son's Bass Guitar, his GF knew what it meant when she bought it for him.

Craig, Ford might sue you for a picture of a mustang for your avatar.

My new one will cause an uproar!