PDA

View Full Version : Attention EBay Sellers!! 20% Rise in End of Auction Fees!!!

Katmandu
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
EBay started collecting an additional 20% on End of Auction prices 2/20!

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/basic/index.html?ov=004W6

How much money do the greedy bastards want already ? :mad:

Blackout
03-03-2008, 08:07 PM
yea that's one of the reasons that I don't even mess with it.

Katmandu
03-03-2008, 08:20 PM
yea that's one of the reasons that I don't even mess with it.No doubt.

I couldn't imagine selling a vehicle on there now.

Thank God for www.Craigslist.com huh ? :rolleyes:

Blackout
03-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Can't go wronge with Craigslist.com. Free and easy to use. Local too.

Black92LX
03-03-2008, 08:25 PM
No doubt.

I couldn't imagine selling a vehicle on there now.

Thank God for www.Craigslist.com huh ? :rolleyes:

they totally revamped how they charge vehicle auctions.
If you list the a vehicle it costs you $40.00 if it sells it costs you an extra $50.00.
So $90 if it sells isn't really that bad if you ask me.
Fee listing for motor vehicles.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

Katmandu
03-03-2008, 08:31 PM
they totally revamped how they charge vehicle auctions.
If you list the a vehicle it costs you $40.00 if it sells it costs you an extra $50.00.
So $90 if it sells isn't really that bad if you ask me.
Didn't realize that. :HYF: Not too bad then I guess. :)

PaulFiveOh
03-03-2008, 08:31 PM
I agree.
Do you know how much those nerdy engineers make who came up with the search algorithms so that when you pay $40.00 some one will actully look at your ad?

Katmandu
03-03-2008, 08:42 PM
I agree.
Do you know how much those nerdy engineers make who came up with the search algorithms so that when you pay $40.00 some one will actully look at your ad?A chunk of change I'm sure!

I would love to see how they program something like that. That stuff fascinates me. :cool2:

tmotorsports
03-04-2008, 07:35 AM
they keep raising their prices and eventually they will price themselves right out of business.
I have noticed lately stuff is not selling on ebay like it used too.I know my stuff is not.
Also in some categories does not seem to be as much stuff on there.Which is more than likely becuase of the price increases.
They are always offering 1 dale listing sales on everything except ebay motors categories,which is what I sell in.How stupid are they?If they would reduce their everyday prices instead of rasing them they would still be getting the listings and making the money.Yes the GREED will take care of ebay.

JonS
03-04-2008, 07:43 AM
I buy stuff all the time, but selling is getting to cost more than it's worth. By the time you pay Ebay fees and then Paypal fees, it just isn't worth the cost.

Black92LX
03-04-2008, 09:36 AM
they keep raising their prices and eventually they will price themselves right out of business.
I have noticed lately stuff is not selling on ebay like it used too.I know my stuff is not.
Also in some categories does not seem to be as much stuff on there.Which is more than likely becuase of the price increases.
They are always offering 1 dale listing sales on everything except ebay motors categories,which is what I sell in.How stupid are they?If they would reduce their everyday prices instead of rasing them they would still be getting the listings and making the money.Yes the GREED will take care of ebay.

Due to the increase in price I am sure you will se a decrease in No Reserve Auctions. That way they seller can in turn just pass the price to the buyer.

Katmandu
03-04-2008, 10:58 PM
I buy stuff all the time, but selling is getting to cost more than it's worth. By the time you pay Ebay fees and then Paypal fees, it just isn't worth the cost.I think that may be the point of EBay's pricing policy. To drive the little guy out of business and reward the big sellers.

Must be run by Republicans. :rolleyes:

93cobra
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
im not excited about ebay final value fees rising either....

you did forget to mention that they lowered listing & gallery fees....

you still can't go wrong...

ebay will outsell craigs list almost anyday of the week on most things....

i'd gladley pay $200 "really isn't that much" to move a $10k to $15K vehicle within 7 days anytime...