PDA

View Full Version : KY-SPEEDWAY, Drive The Track Day

cavsoldier
03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Thought I'd mention a date has been set for the Spring Session of "Drive The Track Day" at the Kentucky Speedway, it's Sat. April 19. A couple of us went last fall and had a blast and are returning for more this year. If we can get enough mustanger's to show up for this, making it an all day affair, picnic or something similar in the viewing area along with the racing could be a nice get together. I have a similar thread (posted by GTSTANG06) on the AFM Forum-05+Mustang Talk section, where some of us S197 owners hang out as well.

djom1cincy
03-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Got anymore details about the day? Do you get to drive the track? What kind of speed are you able to get?

hondaboynky
03-07-2008, 02:49 PM
any cars? or mustangs only?

NXcoupe
03-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Sounds like fun! How much $$$?

08 Vette
03-07-2008, 03:25 PM
any cars? or mustangs only?

What he said!

cavsoldier
03-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Naturally all cars are welcomed, I just assumed (yea I know) this forum housed mostly mustang owners. Last fall all sorts of makes were there to run the track, including about 4-5 PT Cruisers and a few family Vans....don't ask. The link below takes you to the KY Speedway site and a small piece of info on how this sorta works. You spend $40 in the Gift Shop and you get I believe 3 laps. We doubled that last year and went 6 laps, which wasn't enough, they go by fast. Most of the stuff in the Gift Shop is either NASCAR or Speedway stuff, but the items are all good quality and IMO, worth the $$ and the laps yoiu get. You go thru a mini-tech, where you give up your drivers lic to one of the staff and they have you sign a disclaimer that negates KY Speedway from any liability etc. while you are on the track....legal stuff. 3 of us showed up last fall to run our S197's on the track and the Pace Vehicle we had, cool guy, let us go out by ourselves and run them pretty much all out..what we felt safe doing without passing him. Straightaways we hit up to about 130-135. As I mentioned, the 6 laps went by quickly. When we first arrived we hung out in the viewing area and watched a few runs by some Vettes and Chargers to get a feel of what was happening. Afterwards running our laps, we all went to the Winners Circle, took lots of pics and then we hung out in the viewing area again, watching others run the track. Had we thought it out more we should have brought some food and lawn chairs and made a day of it. It was a cool, little overcast day, so we didn't get to the track till around 1pm and hung around till about 430....then raced back home. Just kidding...sorta. It was a blast and we knew afterwards, we wre doing it again. They have this Drive The Track twice a year, spring and fall sessions.

I'll post some of the pics in another reply.

http://www.kentuckyspeedway.com/schedule/testschedule/testschedule.asp

cavsoldier
03-07-2008, 04:30 PM
KY SPEEDWAY PICS, FALL 2007
Pic on left is us in the viewing area. White pony is a stock, manual S197. Middle pony is a Cervinni pkg, Pro Charger Blown S197 (fast as hell too). Car on right is a 2008 Roush 427R.

Middle pic is us going thru the mini-tech and getting ready to head out to track with pace truck in front of white pony.

Pic on right is all of us in the Winners Circle.

Track staff and Tech's were great and being a Ford sponsored track, we got a little "special" treatment".

cavsoldier
03-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Funny story. As we were prepping to go out on the track (middle pic), to the left of us was a Dodge SRT-10 and a Firebird TA, wanting to go out on the track with us....to play. The track Tech's told them no, the mustangs were going out by themselves with no one else on the track. A little part of the "special" treatment we were given. The other was, we spent almost an hour in the Winners Circle, taking pics and lots of the track staff came over to look at the cars and talk to us. One of the track techs (Pace Vehicle Drivers) said of all the vehicles they've had out at the track lately, our cars were the best looking and most exciting to watch.

It would be a BLAST, to get lots of SBZ's to go to the track and if nothing else for a big photo shoot on the track. Can you see a couple of dozen mustangs, all makes and colors on the track for a big photo shoot. We could get Kelly Pelrine to take the pics--professionally??

djom1cincy
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
You've sold me, I'm in!

PaulFiveOh
03-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Yea I would be down for this

Maximus
03-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Funny story. As we were prepping to go out on the track (middle pic), to the left of us was a Dodge SRT-10 and a Firebird TA, wanting to go out on the track with us....to play. The track Tech's told them no, the mustangs were going out by themselves with no one else on the track. A little part of the "special" treatment we were given. The other was, we spent almost an hour in the Winners Circle, taking pics and lots of the track staff came over to look at the cars and talk to us. One of the track techs (Pace Vehicle Drivers) said of all the vehicles they've had out at the track lately, our cars were the best looking and most exciting to watch.

It would be a BLAST, to get lots of SBZ's to go to the track and if nothing else for a big photo shoot on the track. Can you see a couple of dozen mustangs, all makes and colors on the track for a big photo shoot. We could get Kelly Pelrine to take the pics--professionally??

The NKYFBA usually heads down there for the event. They always have a good time. :bigthumb

Is your screen name anything to do with being a 19D??

cavsoldier
03-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Maximus, yes I was a Cav Scout for 7 years, serving stateside and overseas (FRG). Then I got drafted into Recruiting, liked it (no field duty and sleeping in snow) and stayed in it till I retired in 96.

menace07
03-07-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm in...happen to be off work that day

cavsoldier
03-07-2008, 06:48 PM
This is shaping up nicely. I'll keep posting updates as to the plans as we get closer. Still think a SBZ Day At The Track has a nice ring to it?? Especially since I didn't get to meet any of you at the PINKS Get Together at MD.

Maximus
03-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Maximus, yes I was a Cav Scout for 7 years, serving stateside and overseas (FRG). Then I got drafted into Recruiting, liked it (no field duty and sleeping in snow) and stayed in it till I retired in 96.

Cool! I was stationed at Ft Bliss, I Troop, 3/3 ACR, back in 87-89.:)

67Terror
03-07-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm in!

KobraII
03-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Man, I wish my Stang would be done by then. Just not enough time

mustanginky
03-08-2008, 12:15 PM
i think i'm going to post this on louisville mustangs and see if anyone wants to do it...

mustang8998
03-08-2008, 12:32 PM
I might be down for this. A guy I work with, just bought a '04 Mach1. Maybe the two of us, in blue Machs, would be cool.

hondaboynky
03-08-2008, 02:02 PM
im down like dirty sheets

cavsoldier
03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Cool! I was stationed at Ft Bliss, I Troop, 3/3 ACR, back in 87-89.:)

Never made it to Bliss. Started off at Knox, 4/54 Mech Inf-part of 194th Armored Brigade at the time, cross training with Inf, GSR, Mortars, all the Combat Arms folks. Then off to FRG, 1/1 Cav. Great duty, learned a ton. My Squadron got attached to 2nd ACR about every 120 days or so to conduct border patrols on the Czech-E.FRG Border...had some great and unspeakable times and experiences doing that. Then back stateside to Ft. Riley, 1/4 AirCav with the Cobra's. Had a good time in KS, except in the winter (tons of snow) and summer (actually fried an egg on sidewalk one day, it does work). After about a year there.....Uncle Sam called me to Recruiting and away I went to become civilized again. Loved it. Especially when I got into Healthcare Recruiting--Dr's, Nurses, PA's, hanging out in Hospitals and college campus's. Nurses are......different. Lots of fun!! Retired in 96 and began my life as a civilian again. Sucked for a few years till I got the hang of how screwed up corporate america was compared to Fed Govt. After 9/11, went back into Fed. Svc (DHS) and been with them since.

We'll have some good talks about our Cav days I'm sure. Remember it like it was yesterday.

What day is today....:confused:

Waffles
03-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Am I the only one that said to himself, "Right, and Racers is right there for afterward." ?????

04comporangegt
03-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I am in and will see if my buddy wants to bring his Cobra too.

cavsoldier
03-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Am I the only one that said to himself, "Right, and Racers is right there for afterward." ?????

Oh YEA!! Forgot about RACERS and on a Sat. night too. Lets see...Happy Hour...2 for 1???:lol:

PKFIRE
03-10-2008, 07:26 AM
I'd really like to do this. Possibly add a 03 Cobra to this list.

menace07
03-10-2008, 04:16 PM
hopefully i'll have my new suspension components in place before hand and can run them through the ringer

cavsoldier
03-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Update.

I've PM'd Ben B. with Modular Depot. It has been suggested that we all meet at the MD parking lot and then convoy (hate that term)...cruise might be better....to the track.

Thoughts? :confused:

It's also been suggested that we try n make a day out of it, bringing lawn chairs, food drink etc...and just hang out before or after hitting the track. However, in case the weather is not the best (cool), we may need a backup plan and it's been recommended that we head out to Hooters (they just love stangers) in Florence after doing our track thingee.

PKFIRE
03-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Update.

I've PM'd Ben B. with Modular Depot. It has been suggested that we all meet at the MD parking lot and then convoy (hate that term)...cruise might be better....to the track.

It's also been suggested that we try n make a day out of it, bringing lawn chairs, food drink etc...and just hang out before or after hitting the track. However, in case the weather is not the best (cool), we may need a backup plan and it's been recommended that we head out to Hooters in Florence after doing our track thingee.

I'm down! Sounds like a good plan. Tim if you or anyone over here on the Ohio side wants to meet up before this that would good with me.

PKFIRE
03-10-2008, 04:33 PM
cavsoldier-

I can't believe they let you run without a pace car and at speeds over 130mph. I guess they really trusted you guys.

cavsoldier
03-10-2008, 05:21 PM
cavsoldier-

I can't believe they let you run without a pace car and at speeds over 130mph. I guess they really trusted you guys.

We had a pace vehicle-truck, see pics I posted, one of them (middle one) shows us in line getting ready to go out on track and our pace truck was i front of the white GT pony. He came to us and asked, "I don't suppose you guys wanna just go the limit do ya? We said no, of course, so he said, I'll try to do my best then. We let him get a little ahead (not supposed to but...) and then played catch up. that's how we were able to get up to the 130's. Hope the day is warmer than last fall (Oct), so we can do better in the curves.

menace07
03-10-2008, 09:15 PM
the plan sounds great...cant wait

99Slobra
03-10-2008, 10:26 PM
I'd be down...a few days before my birthday...

cavsoldier
03-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Oop's, that should have been Ken B. I PM'd. Fat fingers get in the way..........

Sorry Ken.

crowbar032
03-11-2008, 04:01 AM
I'd probably be in for this as long as we can get well above pit road speed. I've wanted to do it since the track opened, and now I have the car to do it in. And I echo the sentiment above about Racers being next door.

PKFIRE
03-11-2008, 07:36 AM
We had a pace vehicle-truck, see pics I posted, one of them (middle one) shows us in line getting ready to go out on track and our pace truck was i front of the white GT pony. He came to us and asked, "I don't suppose you guys wanna just go the limit do ya? We said no, of course, so he said, I'll try to do my best then. We let him get a little ahead (not supposed to but...) and then played catch up. that's how we were able to get up to the 130's. Hope the day is warmer than last fall (Oct), so we can do better in the curves.

That was pretty nice of him. What is the typical pace speed?

02mingryGT
03-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Sounds cool. I should have mine back together by then. If I do I'm in.

cavsoldier
03-11-2008, 04:34 PM
That was pretty nice of him. What is the typical pace speed?

From what we were told the limit was around 70mph. But as mentioned, the mustangs got a little special treatment. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we'll be allowed the same exception again this year.

BTW. Spoke to Ken B. at Modular Depot today (had a little work done :D) and he says no problems in us meeting at his place/shop and then cruise to the track. I think it's a good idea for a staging area.

Thoughts from those planning on going?

Can you imagine the head turning if we have 20 or more mustangs etc. cruising to the track? Hell, just the 3 of us last year got lots of looks.

This is gonna be fun!!!!:cool2:

Mr.Moontang
03-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Count me in!!! Nothing will ever top the GAC with about 100 Mustangs in a row with a few other makes thrown in for good measure...

djom1cincy
03-11-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm down for meeting where ever. A buddy of mine wants to go in his 06 vett. We can make him bring up the rear of the stangtrain heading down there. He always thinks he's hot stuff.

bestracing
03-12-2008, 09:11 AM
We've been going down there for the last three years. Here's some of our experiences:

Usually you'll get more than 3 laps if they're not backed up in the pit area.

Most people in our group got to go above 80 mph. Last spring I went 110

We never got into the winner circle so you got some very special treatment there

Keep your group together, if people start to fall back the pace vehicle will start to slow down and you screw everyone else in your group.

Have fun and we'll probably see you down there :bigthumb

cavsoldier
03-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Kelly..info posted on the AFM, 2005+ Talk, KY-Speedway thread.

I want pics, so lets hope we get enough for you to make the trip. If not, I'll get with you later to have some done of my car in prep for some car shows.

Black Hole
03-13-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm down....it'll give me an excuse to get the car out of the garage and re-instate the insurance! :D

menace07
03-13-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm in for the pictures

06hoss
03-14-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm in. I did it the year before last and they took me up to 100 mph. The form says 60 mph, but they give you a break if you're driving a hot car. There are all kinds of cars down there...not just fast ones...I saw a family going around in a toyota celica...now they were only going about 60.
Kelly, I'll probably spring for pics too. Whats the diff between a low res photo and a high res?

06hoss
03-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Hey Dan! Ive been meaning to call you. Low res is generally bout 500x335 pixels @ 72dpi and you cant print a decent photo from them but they are good for the web, or to make a web sig/banner from... where as high res is basically the "negative" or original photo @ 300 dpi in which you can print just about any size photo you'd like. If some folks dont wanna spring for the high res i also do print work & can print up to 13x19 if someone wanted just a single print photo. Hope that clears it up :)

Did i see you in Florence the other day near walmart?

Yeah, that clears it up a little. I'll probably get the high res ones on a CD.

You might have seen me by that Walmart...I'm over there every now and then...around lunch time? I probably wouldn't have been in the stang...that thing has been in the garage hiding from the weather...plus it's sitting there with the hood up since I just installed an oil separator and I've got to get to work on installing something else too. Did you ever get your taxes done?
I got my Fed refund back already so I'm pretty happy.

Kelly Pelrine
03-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, that clears it up a little. I'll probably get the high res ones on a CD.

You might have seen me by that Walmart...I'm over there every now and then...around lunch time? I probably wouldn't have been in the stang...that thing has been in the garage hiding from the weather...plus it's sitting there with the hood up since I just installed an oil separator and I've got to get to work on installing something else too. Did you ever get your taxes done?
I got my Fed refund back already so I'm pretty happy.

Right on. Oh ok then it prob wasnt you, it was someone in a stang. Nope still havent done my taxes, some jagoff 1099'd me for money he hasnt paid yet.. id debating on making a call to the IRS if he doesnt pay in one more week. I need to get them done soon!

banginstang07
03-17-2008, 01:38 AM
i think i'll be heading down, sounds fun

flyboygeo
03-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Don't know my schedule for next month yet, but I'm up for some cruising if I have off.

06hoss
03-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Don't know my schedule for next month yet, but I'm up for some cruising if I have off.

George, did you get back yet or are you still on the other side of the planet?

04 Venom
03-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Would a C6 Z06 be welcome? Had to ask since I went to the dark side.

06hoss
03-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Sure! That's an awesome car.

flyboygeo
03-25-2008, 12:42 AM
George, did you get back yet or are you still on the other side of the planet?

Well I'm sitting in the NWA lounge in Tokyo, Japan right now and unfortunately do not know my schedule yet. Still keeping the fingers crossed of course! :D

06hoss
03-25-2008, 10:14 AM
In the mean time slam a saki or two for me, will ya?

DOPE3
03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
im in like to see some nice stangs and run my not so nice stang

Black Hole
03-26-2008, 10:50 PM
Would a C6 Z06 be welcome? Had to ask since I went to the dark side.
Pretty sure 08 Vette will have his C6 there.... ;)

djom1cincy
04-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Its 2 weeks away. Where's everyone going to meet before hand to cruise down?

cavsoldier
04-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Its 2 weeks away. Where's everyone going to meet before hand to cruise down?

It had been mentioned to meet at Modular Depot and then caravan from there to the track. Sounds like a good plan. I'm thinking what, noon or maybe even 11am? By time everyone arrives, BS a little and head out we should be at the track by 1pm? Give the day and track time to warm up a bit?

02mingryGT
04-06-2008, 08:08 AM
It had been mentioned to meet at Modular Depot and then caravan from there to the track. Sounds like a good plan. I'm thinking what, noon or maybe even 11am? By time everyone arrives, BS a little and head out we should be at the track by 1pm? Give the day and track time to warm up a bit?

Between 11-12 would be great for me. My son has a previous engagement until 11 AM so that's great. He keeps asking when we'll meet up...lol. I told him I may have to leave him if it's early...:D

flyboygeo
04-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Damn, looks like I will not be able to make this one. Hopefully I can make the fall track day.

PKFIRE
04-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Is there anyone who wants to meet up on the west side?

Kelly Pelrine
04-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Anyone care if i hitch a ride? No sence in bringing my car if im taking pics and not racing lol.

02mingryGT
04-13-2008, 09:12 AM
Well if they want their pictures I'm sure someone will...lol. Speaking of which I may get some as well. If I can let you know last minute that would be great...lol. I'm cheap and a procrastinator. It's genetic.

Kelly Pelrine
04-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Well if they want their pictures I'm sure someone will...lol. Speaking of which I may get some as well. If I can let you know last minute that would be great...lol. I'm cheap and a procrastinator. It's genetic.

LOL. Ill drive if i have to, its no biggie. I just didnt know if i could drive and not have to race or what. Im sure something will work out. Not a prob on the pics! PM me if you are going. :)

cavsoldier
04-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Kelly, you can park/hang out in the viewing area, where we will all stage/chill out once we get there. Walk over to the Gift Shop, spend our money, get our track tickets and then we're ready to go racing..boogety, boogety, boogety. After being on the track and getting pics in the Winner's Circle, we'll hang out in the viewing area and watch the other cars on the track till we decide what to do next.

The last I've heard on this is we're all gonna meet at at MD at 11 or so and then around noon caravan to the track. Hope weather is nice, so far doesn't look bad.

Kelly Pelrine
04-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Kelly, you can park/hang out in the viewing area, where we will all stage/chill out once we get there. Walk over to the Gift Shop, spend our money, get our track tickets and then we're ready to go racing..boogety, boogety, boogety. After being on the track and getting pics in the Winner's Circle, we'll hang out in the viewing area and watch the other cars on the track till we decide what to do next.

The last I've heard on this is we're all gonna meet at at MD at 11 or so and then around noon caravan to the track. Hope weather is nice, so far doesn't look bad.

Sounds like a plan to me! Randy you are a trip with all the "boogety" hehe

cavsoldier
04-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Well........looks like the event on Sat is gonna get rained out.....as well as being a bit on the chilly side, figures Mother Nature would not cooperate......Gonna hold off on making decision to go or not to Friday night, but at this point it looks like a wash. Oh well, have to plan for the fall run then..............

Kelly Pelrine
04-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Its still early yet :)

Looks like the Valley may rain out also.... damnit i have race withdrawl this is not fair lol.

02mingryGT
04-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Whoa now, you sound like a man who has faith in the weatherman. I have as much faith in them as I do of Space Jesus(Space Ghost's cousin) of letting me hitch a ride to the Planet Heaven. Here's the current forecast on weather.com:

Friday Mostly Cloudy 73

Saturday Thunderstorms 59 40% chance of rain

Yesterday Friday was going to rain as well. So they changed their minds about that already. Plus 40% means in the area which means it could be raining here but not in Ky. So if it does rain it may rain where we're not at. Besides it doesn't say when. It could be early evening for all we know. I wish I was a weatherman because then I could be a complete failure day in and day out and get paid well for it. So trust me it's not a sure rain out yet. Plus I'm an Aries and I'm not on top of the horoscope list for nothing. Fun and games aside, I really hope we can go. Starbuck's on her way to Earth and I might be gone by the fall. :dork:

08 Vette
04-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Whoa now, you sound like a man who has faith in the weatherman. I have as much faith in them as I do of Space Jesus(Space Ghost's cousin) of letting me hitch a ride to the Planet Heaven. Here's the current forecast on weather.com:

Friday Mostly Cloudy 73

Saturday Thunderstorms 59 40% chance of rain

Yesterday Friday was going to rain as well. So they changed their minds about that already. Plus 40% means in the area which means it could be raining here but not in Ky. So if it does rain it may rain where we're not at. Besides it doesn't say when. It could be early evening for all we know. I wish I was a weatherman because then I could be a complete failure day in and day out and get paid well for it. So trust me it's not a sure rain out yet. Plus I'm an Aries and I'm not on top of the horoscope list for nothing. Fun and games aside, I really hope we can go. Starbuck's on her way to Earth and I might be gone by the fall. :dork:

I hear ya! It can change in a heart beat. I'll wait until Friday night. Hope the weather people are WRONG!:bigthumb

02mingryGT
04-16-2008, 08:57 AM
I hear ya! It can change in a heart beat. I'll wait until Friday night. Hope the weather people are WRONG!:bigthumb
Shoot I'm waiting until Sat morning...:lol:

svfetter
04-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Update - According to Louisville Newspaper track will be closed for the next two weeks to address water seepage from under track.

Anyone know the fall date yet?

cavsoldier
04-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Damn, the racing gods are against us. Last year the fall session was in Oct. We have to watch their web site for them to post exactly when. Water seepage....they may try to reschedule the 19th date then, I'll look on their web site and see.

cavsoldier
04-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Just got off phone with Speedway Gift Shop. The track will be open on Sat for the Drive The Track Event. There is some water seepage on the track, so it's been closed to high speed testing-NASCAR and IRL, etc.... However, we may not be able to go as fast as some of us did last year. Kinda have to wait and see. So now....we have to keep fingers crossed the weather holds off.

svfetter
04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the followup. I was wondering whether the closure would effect an event like the open track day. Now just have to watch the weather.

06hoss
04-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Well one thing even if it doesn't rain is if there is still water in turns 3 & 4 and they still let cars on the track, they will limit you to 60 mph which will suck.
They took me up to 100 and Randy and Rob to 135 when they went but it was dry as a bone both times. The form you get says 60 mph. I guess I'm out if I'm limited to 60 and driving through water even if it doesn't rain.
Sorry Kelly if this affects you...I was all set to buy some pics. Keep your eye for someone who has a real cool rustic looking barn hopefully with horses and we could still take pics near that some sunny day. I know two people who own horses, but both barns are pretty boring looking (kinda of small and one is metal). Or just use that photo eye of yours to find a cool backdrop. I once shot some pics of a trans am I had shooting from Newport with the old riverfront stadium across the river as a backdrop with my first wife sprawled across the hood...the pics were very good for an amateur I think if you find a good backdrop, the pics could be awesome.

cavsoldier
04-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Ditto on the wash if we're limited to 60mph. That would be a waste of time and money, we can do 60 out on the highway. Oh well, I may still go to the track on Sat, if weather is nice and evaluate and decide then. Deuce is going to MD on Sat, having Ken work on his car some more and I may stop by to say hi and pull on his hurt arm some..ha ha.

Kelly Pelrine
04-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Sorry Kelly if this affects you...I was all set to buy some pics. Keep your eye for someone who has a real cool rustic looking barn hopefully with horses and we could still take pics near that some sunny day. I know two people who own horses, but both barns are pretty boring looking (kinda of small and one is metal). Or just use that photo eye of yours to find a cool backdrop. I once shot some pics of a trans am I had shooting from Newport with the old riverfront stadium across the river as a backdrop with my first wife sprawled across the hood...the pics were very good for an amateur I think if you find a good backdrop, the pics could be awesome.

ehh no worries. i am used to the weather messin things up lol. hopefully it doesnt on the 26th otherwise i will cry for sure :( I'll keep a lookout for somewhere cool. we can take pics anytime!

cobrajoe
04-17-2008, 05:25 AM
You all might want to make sure this is still gonna happen. We printed this recently!

Water closes track
Speedway needs 2 weeks to dry

here's the like to the article. Just hate to see everyone go down and that part not be going on.

http://news.nky.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080416/NEWS0103/804160385/

02mingryGT
04-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Ditto on the wash if we're limited to 60mph. That would be a waste of time and money, we can do 60 out on the highway. Oh well, I may still go to the track on Sat, if weather is nice and evaluate and decide then.

I agree on the 60 mph. Though if you are going to take a run down I would be willing to go as well. Give me something to do.

06hoss
04-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Ditto on the wash if we're limited to 60mph. That would be a waste of time and money, we can do 60 out on the highway. Oh well, I may still go to the track on Sat, if weather is nice and evaluate and decide then. Deuce is going to MD on Sat, having Ken work on his car some more and I may stop by to say hi and pull on his hurt arm some..ha ha.

Randy, Rob is going to be down at MD on Saturday? I'm going to be down there too...I've got a 9:00 am dyno pull and tune tweak set up. I'll hang out for awhile and hopefully run into you guys.

06hoss
04-17-2008, 06:14 PM
You all might want to make sure this is still gonna happen. We printed this recently!

Water closes track
Speedway needs 2 weeks to dry

here's the like to the article. Just hate to see everyone go down and that part not be going on.

http://news.nky.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080416/NEWS0103/804160385/

It's just closed for high speed testing...Randy called and asked. If it doesn't rain they'll still let you drive around the track, but probably only at 60 mph especially if there is still water seeping out on the track.

djom1cincy
04-17-2008, 08:11 PM
DAMN :mad:

Black Hole
04-17-2008, 09:21 PM
If it doesn't rain they'll still let you drive around the track, but probably only at 60 mph especially if there is still water seeping out on the track.Fugg that, hell I went faster than 60 mph when I test drove an 05 GT down there!!!!

08 Vette
04-18-2008, 09:18 AM
Rain + 60 mph = stay home

cavsoldier
04-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Dan, unless its raining, I'll head to MD around 10am then. If its raining...screw it, the day will be a bust. Take wifes vert in the 30th to have aluminum ds and loop installed. Aluminum ds made a notable diff on the Roush, much quicker pickup with less mass weight to turn. Think the diff in weight is about 20-25 lbs.

02mingryGT
04-19-2008, 07:08 AM
So what's the call? There is some rain below Louisville that may make it to Sparta on it's turn North. Other than that there appears to be a large open space between here and Louisville.

PKFIRE
04-19-2008, 08:24 AM
I still have interest though the roads are wet. Kentucky speedway is still holding the event.

http://www.kentuckyspeedway.com/

02mingryGT
04-19-2008, 08:45 AM
I still have interest though the roads are wet. Kentucky speedway is still holding the event.

http://www.kentuckyspeedway.com/

I do too and the rain here doesn't bother me much but if the track there gets wet at all then we're screwed. It's not like they are bringing out the jet dryers for this. If you go to the weather.com site and click the interactive map and then check off the racetracks/speedways button it will put a placemark where Kentucky Speedway is located. Put it in motion and you will see clusters of rain near the track moving away but more forming to it south and moving north. I think if we go we're limited in what we can do. I'd say it's a wash unless something changes drastically in the next hour or so.

DAMN YOU WEATHERMEN, DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL.

djom1cincy
04-19-2008, 09:05 AM
i just went to weatherchannel.com. there's one or two small rain pockets close to sparta. after that its clear for a while. i'm down for trying.

djom1cincy
04-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Lets try it. I'll be at md by 11. The worst case is we waste some gas going down there.

PKFIRE
04-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Lets try it. I'll be at md by 11. The worst case is we waste some gas going down there.

I got nothing better to do. I'll see you there by 11.

02mingryGT
04-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Well Joe, Daniel and I along with Daniel's buddy with the vette met up and went. Ended up being sunny and the track was dry. here's the few pictures I took.

02mingryGT
04-19-2008, 04:25 PM
And two more:

02mingryGT
04-19-2008, 04:25 PM
All in all a good time. Good meeting you guys and see you next week.

PKFIRE
04-19-2008, 06:09 PM
02mingryGT- Thanks for the pics! Yeah it was great meeting you guys!

flyboygeo
04-20-2008, 01:29 AM
Glad to see a few made it out and that the track was dry. I'm hoping for the fall cruise.

cavsoldier
04-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Was undecided, with the rain and all and decided to do something else, more important. Did head to the speedway around 130, but no one was there, so went back home. Sorry I missed meeting some of you, that was really the intent of this. I'm sure we'll meet up eventually. Glad you guys had a good time and hopefully the fall session will be a draw as well, damn weather......

PKFIRE
04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Was undecided, with the rain and all and decided to do something else, more important. Did head to the speedway around 130, but no one was there, so went back home. Sorry I missed meeting some of you, that was really the intent of this. I'm sure we'll meet up eventually. Glad you guys had a good time and hopefully the fall session will be a draw as well, damn weather......

Did you see us drive pass you on 71? You have a blue 05+ correct?

cavsoldier
04-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Blue yes, but is 08.

PKFIRE
04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Blue yes, but is 08.

Yeah, I saw you drive by. Sweet car btw!