PDA

View Full Version : T-5 Swap almost done need HELP!

Pitviper1996
03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
ok i have everything in but the tranny mount is about 1 1/2 inch off from the crossmemeber so what do i do? My car is a 94 but i beleive the tranny is from a 91 so do i need a fox cross memeber?

5.0calypso93lx
03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Is it the stock motor? IIRC, you need a T-5 from a 94-95 car, or have the input shaft swapped out from a 94-95 car into your fox T-5, is they are different lengths.

wolverine8490
03-10-2008, 09:51 PM
First as stated above, the 94-95 transmissions are different. They use a longer input shaft, and bellhousing. If you do not swap the input shaft, and bellhousing, or use a tranny from a 94-95, it will not work. If you already knew that, and have the correct transmission setup, then read below:

The mount you are using, I bet the bolts point straight down through the middle of the mount dont they (Same mount that fits a Fox, kind of hard to explain).

You need to go to ford (which is the only way you can find it for some reason) and tell them you need a mount for a 96GT 5 speed (make sure the mount bolts that stick threw crossmember are offset). The bolts on the mount are offset for this mount. And they will prolly have to order it.

Now, the only reason I know this, I had the same issue. I cut my crossmember all to hell before I realized this. I thought it was just because of the swap that I did. The only reason I found out the mount was wrong, was when I was helping a buddy of mine change his clutch in his 96GT. His mount was completly broke in half and A-zone, Advance, and KOI all tried to sell him the mount that fits on a fox. He had to go to Ford to get the offset mount.

Trust me on this, I know this for a fact. Sucks you have to go to Ford for the mount. If you did need a part number, I can call and ask my buddy if he still has it.

The crossmembers are the exact same for the auto and the manual.