PDA

View Full Version : Posting from France

crowbar032
03-11-2008, 05:43 AM
I'm in France for work this week. For the most part everything is fine. However, some things I will never ever get used to. The unisex bathroom is the biggest thing. Typically the sink is shared and there are two rooms, and each contains a throne. It's really weird to step out of the toilet and have a woman standing there washing her hands and trying to make small talk with you. It's just not right to have a hot french chick right outside the door where your dropping a deuce washing her hands. It's very disconcerning.

At the airport, they actually kinda did have separate restrooms. There was a half wall (like 4 or 5 ft tall) separating the men's and women's sides. On a previous trip, I looked across the wall and one of the ladies I was traveling with waved at me from the stall she was in. Talk about weird. Also, a cleaning lady came in and began cleaning the urinal right next to the one I was using. I guess it's a good thing I don't have a shy bladder problem.

Oh, well. On the uspide I've had lamb chops for every meal so far. I wish lamb was more common in the US.

jaystang44
03-11-2008, 08:48 AM
I can see where unisex bathrooms could be weird and hard to get used to. But hearing about it makes me crack up laughing....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

o yea and

:postpix:

:dunno:
:lol::lol:

Black Horse
03-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Can you imagine Kevin's (Dedpedal) potential adventures in a unisex restroom? Needless to say it may result in a new form of birth control in France.

MsBlkramair
03-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Can you imagine Kevin's (Dedpedal) potential adventures in a unisex restroom? Needless to say it may result in a new form of birth control in France.

Oh man, did you have to go there! lol

DeckerEnt
03-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I see a rant about that coming from casa de deadpedal soon. Put an idea in his head and it works it's way all the way through.
Keith

REDHOTGTGIRL
03-11-2008, 02:48 PM
How cool that you get to travel overseas for work. Unisex bathrooms would totally throw me for a loop!! It's definitely funny to hear about them.

ibstrokin
03-11-2008, 05:38 PM
My girlfriend is German, she said that when she was a kid it was very common to have one restroom per floor in apt. buildings. I believe there was only one bathtub per floor as well. Many of those buildings are updated now.

poncho2001
03-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Unisex restrooms were also common when I was in Korea in the late eighties. More so in the more traditional cities and villages, not so common in the "Americanized" area's.

NXcoupe
03-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Well, at least your in France!! That can't be hard to take!

07thorobrd
03-12-2008, 09:14 AM
i went to italy in 04 and there restrooms where seperated but you had to go through the same entrance and then the hallway sort of forked off. the thing i remember most though was that fact that you had to pay to flush the toilets. it cost a 25 cent euro to do so. lol things are diff. over there

jaystang44
03-12-2008, 09:20 AM
i went to italy in 04 and there restrooms where seperated but you had to go through the same entrance and then the hallway sort of forked off. the thing i remember most though was that fact that you had to pay to flush the toilets. it cost a 25 cent euro to do so. lol things are diff. over there

So......the question is did you flush them? :rolleyes:

Holly
03-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Along the same lines, but kinda off topic....... my sister and I were at the Bellagio last Thursday, I needed to use the restroom. Well, I saw the restroom sign, so I walked towards it, walked into the restroom and thought, damn, it stinks in here (smelly guy piss). I walked into a stall, it was not flushed, on to the next one, the seat was up and there was pee all over the rim. About that time, a light finally came on in my head, thinking, this is not right. I turned around and some dude was walking past me to go in the stall next to me. I lowered my head and walked out of there as fast as I could, passing the urinals (is that how you spell it?) on the way out. The women's bathroom was to the right, I missed the sign. :lol: I don't think I have ever been so embarrassed in all my life.

NXcoupe
03-12-2008, 09:30 AM
LOL!.....

BigBadStang
03-12-2008, 10:52 AM
... walked into the restroom and thought, damn, it stinks in here (smelly guy piss)...

lol...and I suppose Y'alls pee doesn't stink? :D
tell us another! ;)

Holly
03-12-2008, 10:53 AM
lol...and I suppose Y'alls pee doesn't stink? :D
tell us another! ;)

Maybe it does, but at least our pee hits the toilet and not the seats or the rim! And we flush when we are done! :tongue2:

Ranger50
03-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Maybe it does, but at least our pee hits the toilet and not the seats or the rim! And we flush when we are done! :tongue2:

:popcorn::chug::popcorn::rofl:

crowbar032
03-13-2008, 04:48 AM
Well, at least your in France!! That can't be hard to take!

It depends on your perspective. Most people hear France and they immediately think Paris. I'm no where near there. The factory is way out in the French countryside. You always hear about small town USA, well I'm in small town France. It's mostly dairy cows and farm fields out here. The buildings are really old and most of them are made of stone and the architecture is pretty cool.

The deserts are awesome. Since this is the rants section, I have had a couple of bad experiences with dinner. I really can't recommend the partially cooked beef kidney, pate, or the seafood pizza. I also ordered a beef steak on a previous trip and I'm 100% convinced it was actually horse.

crowbar032
03-13-2008, 04:50 AM
I can see where unisex bathrooms could be weird and hard to get used to. But hearing about it makes me crack up laughing....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

o yea and

:postpix:

:dunno:
:lol::lol:

I'll see what I can do about some pics.

BigBadStang
03-13-2008, 09:54 AM

WEE-WEE Mademoiselle!!
:tongue2: :tongue2:

07thorobrd
03-13-2008, 10:58 AM
So......the question is did you flush them? :rolleyes:
no i didnt instead i stole the sign by the womens room that had a tampon on it w a line thru it and my roomate and i hung it above the entrance to every room we stayed in for the rest of the trip lol:lol: