PDA

View Full Version : The biggest thing I miss about the southwest...

Paul408Notch
03-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Is the food. I got so spoiled on the Mexican food out there, I just can't find anything I really like here. And one of the things I miss the most is that I can't find a place that has breakfast burritos. Sure I could go to McDonald's and get one of those lame things they call a breakfast burrito, but it's just not the same. I want a giant burrito filled with Chorizo, scrambled eggs, and New Mexico Green Chile peppers. You would think that with all of the illegals making their way into the area, one of them would at least grace us with the artery-clogging goodness of a delicious, greasy burrito filled with breakfast delicacies. Jerks.

facemelter71
03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
I to lived out in AZ for 2 years,and like you,i really miss all the good cooked mexican food.All the mom and pop burrito shpps out there,man that stuff was good.They sure do know how to cook.And its cheap to,nothing like payin 4 bucks for a burrito the size of a small child.But,there is a burrito shop over on route 4 that is pretty good.Its run by a bunch of mexicans,and the menu is in spanish.Its pretty good stuff to.

BIGHONKEY
03-11-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm sure they have the best Mexican food but that also means....................they have more Mexicans. :)

Seriously, my good friend is Germacan (mexican/German). His dad is a Mexican imagrant and has said since he has been over here that Acapulco's on Boymel in Fairfield is the closest thing he has had to home. It's next to Rick's Tavern off of Rt.4. I love it myself and also like (sp?) Xachamichilo or some shit near the corner of colerain and springdale rd.

cstreu1026
03-11-2008, 10:05 AM
You can come knock on my neighbors' door. Just be sure to let them know you are just there for a burrito.

IEATLT1
03-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Come to portsmouth we have all the legal and illegal mexicans you want... please take some with you!

nkystanger
03-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Not sure about breakfast but there is a place in Newport that is awesome, it has pretty authentic mexican, the place is called Rio Grande. The waiters barely speak english there and the food is unreal, if you like mexican.

Gene
03-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Not sure about breakfast but there is a place in Newport that is awesome, it has pretty authentic mexican, the place is called Rio Grande. The waiters barely speak english there and the food is unreal, if you like mexican.

That place is killer.

MADMOD
03-11-2008, 11:43 AM
There is a place in Florece called Comino Real. (sp) That place has damn good food!

Jeff88coupe
03-11-2008, 11:57 AM
There is a place in Florece called Comino Real. (sp) That place has damn good food!

Yep..Camino rocks...it's on 42 right where Industrial deadends into it. It use to be an old frisch's. Jenn and I go there at least 1-2 times a month.