PDA

View Full Version : Tuners

jaystang44
03-11-2008, 03:20 PM
So im not familair with tuners but ive look around and have seen some FS around $225 for SCT and others

:confused: But if you know someone that has one cant they just tune it with there tuner? if not why? anf if you can do ppl do it a lot I guess then? it would sound like a good idea to me.......

If thats stupid sorry I have no idea what im talking about just a thought. :rolleyes: I dont share them very often when I have NO idea. so im in the dark here....

:popcorn:

facemelter71
03-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Tuners are specific to the vehicle that you purchased it for.Like,when you plug it in,it scans the VIN and can only work on that car with that VIN.Unless you return it to factory specs and delete the vehicle,it will only work on one.Go see Craig at Cincy,he might have one for you.

Black Hole
03-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Tuners are specific to the vehicle that you purchased it for.Like,when you plug it in,it scans the VIN and can only work on that car with that VIN.Unless you return it to factory specs and delete the vehicle,it will only work on one.
Yup.....you need to go to an authorized SCT dealer to get one. You can buy them online with a mail-order tune already setup, but I'd advise a dyno-tune. ;)

Maximus
03-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Tuners are specific to the vehicle that you purchased it for.Like,when you plug it in,it scans the VIN and can only work on that car with that VIN.Unless you return it to factory specs and delete the vehicle,it will only work on one.Go see Craig at Cincy,he might have one for you.

Cincy Speed does...
Along with MODULAR DEPOT & DAYTON PERFORMANCE.:bigthumb

All 3 are Autorized SCT dealers AND have DYNOJET DYNOS:)

cobra_SVT_Girl
03-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I heard them SCT tuners are pretty sweet

I'm hoping to get one some day...:drool: :yup: :evilgrin: :coo1: