PDA

View Full Version : Can I...

Stangman
03-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Can I take my quad shocks off of my '94 now that I have solid tubular upper and lower control arms? she bites the road pretty good now so I was curious if they are neccissary or just in the way and harming the performance of the new control arms?

Thanks

Rustanggt98
03-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Can I take my quad shocks off of my '94 now that I have solid tubular upper and lower control arms? she bites the road pretty good now so I was curious if they are neccissary or just in the way and harming the performance of the new control arms?

Thanks

you can take them off. some people like to keep them, but I never noticed a difference without them, or my rear sway bar for that matter.

craigels
03-13-2008, 10:36 PM
I would say you can... the ones on the 88 wound up the garbage can when I put UPR stuff under the rear!

Craig

Stangman
03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Cool, thanks fellas!

RACEME
03-14-2008, 05:29 AM
Yup, yank them off. I have had mine off of my 95 for 7 or 8 years now. It gives ya a little more room when your speed shop owner talks ya into some bigger tires!

Stangman
03-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Yup, yank them off. I have had mine off of my 95 for 7 or 8 years now. It gives ya a little more room when your speed shop owner talks ya into some bigger tires!

Yeah, I will one day have the 17x10.5 rear bullitts on that thing... I cant wait

hpfiend
04-07-2008, 11:58 AM
If you have tire clearance with them I would keep them on- if you do take them off save them.

a lot of guys run into wheel hop issues later they can't figure out and they forgot they took them off... search on the corral.

Unless you go 3 link with a panhard bar/torque arm or watts link keep them the factory did not put them on there on a whim.