PDA

View Full Version : You can't have anything nice

cstreu1026
03-15-2008, 04:54 PM
This morning I decided to drive the Mustang. I was heading over to Dayton Performance to give Mike a hand with the construction effort. I decided to stop and get gas and when I reached down to open the door to the gas cap I saw it. There was a series scratches from just above the filler door to probably midway down the rear bumper. A first I thought something in the garage might have hit it. I called my wife and asked if she would peak out in the garage and she didn't see where anything could have hit. I stewed on it all morning and decided it must have happened when I drove it to the grocery store last week. When we went out to lunch we got to looking at it and we came to the conclusion that it would probably buff out with some effort. Then one of the other guys notice a small dent and a crease just behind the door with more scratches. You just can't have anything nice and actually enjoy it.:mad:

Rick93coupe
03-15-2008, 05:01 PM
I hear ya, I've gotten several door dings on the GTI and I'm very particular about where I park it, and who I park it next too. One of the dings, I swear the person had to have used their leg to push their door into my fender. I don't even know if a PDR guy will be able to fix it.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm terrified of getting my car painted because of crap like this.

Rick93coupe
03-15-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm terrified of getting my car painted because of crap like this.

Tell me about it. I feel like putting the stang in black primer.

PonymanfiveO
03-15-2008, 05:42 PM
that sucks.

plated
03-15-2008, 06:57 PM
what scratch:chug: lmk if u wanna get it fixed i'll work with ya if you don't want to turn it in.sorry to hear that hopefully it happens to the prick that did it

PaulFiveOh
03-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Just ask 95turbocharged about having a nice paint job.....

mustangboy
03-15-2008, 07:50 PM
I know the feeling thats why I'm in no hurry to get my car painted. I completely stripped one to bare metal once and we painted it black. It turned out kick ass and looked really really deep but man every nick and scratch freaked me out.

Jeepman1991
03-15-2008, 08:14 PM
That's why I park about 100 miles from any store mall etc entrance.

cobrajoe
03-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah what is it with MFr's??? I drive down to Cavalcade with my two boys to give my wife some down time, park in the lot by Saks and Macy's I come out and some mother with his big ass F350 dually puts his f'n hitch into my bumper! Well I took pictures since this fuck nut was dumb enough to advertise his excavating company on his tail gate, He'll need one of his f'n backhoes to get my foot out his ass!:mad::mad::mad:

cstreu1026
03-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Yeah what is it with MFr's??? I drive down to Cavalcade with my two boys to give my wife some down time, park in the lot by Saks and Macy's I come out and some mother with his big ass F350 dually puts his f'n hitch into my bumper! Well I took pictures since this fuck nut was dumb enough to advertise his excavating company on his tail gate, He'll need one of his f'n backhoes to get my foot out his ass!:mad::mad::mad:

I would have kicked the side of his bed in.

Blackout
03-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Sorry to hear that guys, that sucks. My little cuz got his car all f'ed the other night. He was going over my brother in laws and his altinator went out, and so did his lights. well some ass hole etched on the side of the car with a tire iron "lights on ass hole" all the way down the side. I love to catch the bastard.

cstreu1026
03-15-2008, 09:22 PM
what scratch:chug: lmk if u wanna get it fixed i'll work with ya if you don't want to turn it in.sorry to hear that hopefully it happens to the prick that did it

I will be getting with you. I am thinking its probably going to be an all over in the end. I don't think 10 year old laser red will be easy to match.

347sc
03-15-2008, 09:54 PM
I will be getting with you. I am thinking its probably going to be an all over in the end. I don't think 10 year old laser red will be easy to match.

Thats cake work. Never had a problem with a match to it.

Mista Bone
03-16-2008, 12:26 AM
these are reason I don't mind driving a POS Honda Civic.

One time I did "bump" a nice car in a parking garage. Left my info under their wiper with my phone number. He returned my call two days later and said not to worry, it buffed right out, he owned his own body shop less than a mile away. Greatly thank me for my honesty, which he said in his business is rare today.

Mom had her car detailed there and they even fixed part of the trim for nothing.

Respect, somethign rarely taught today, but damnit it was beat into my ass with a yardstick and a belt growing up!

R825OH
03-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Damn Cameron sorry to ohear that. Atleast you got plated on your side!!

Katmandu
03-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Sorry to hear that man. :( Too many assholes running around loose these days. :rolleyes:

it must have happened when I drove it to the grocery store last week. Back in High School, I knew this INSANE guy that cruised around in an old 60s International (Inter-Smashable) Pickup.

Bunch of us were out at the mall one night and he had is old PU. We saw him drive to a car (that was parked WAY-OUT) and start to push it! FROM THE SIDE !! :eek:

He had NO IDEA whose car it was! He just thought it would be something fun to do! :rolleyes:

95turbocharged
03-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Just ask 95turbocharged about having a nice paint job.....
yup, plated painted my car nice paint job I think I had the car back no more than a week to week and 1/2 and I was at a fellow bangerz house and some ass hole took a knife from the front fender across the driver side door all the way passed the rear quarter also slicing my et streets so I know how it feels I think its just dickheads hateing

fordman
03-18-2008, 01:27 AM
all u can do is pray for those wild cats iv had my windsheild busted out this year along with a little suger in the tank an also my paint job keyed all up there some haters no one wanna see u doin good out here anymore i dont even worry any more god will catch up with um an eye for an eye;)

Pops Fun
03-18-2008, 07:42 AM
Sorrry to hear that..... I try and park away from everyone, the wife can't understand.... Still someone will pull right next to me and leave a couple spaces on the other side!!

Steve

quik lx
03-18-2008, 12:16 PM
After Maggy's Bright Atlantic blue '98 GT was hit at Krogers...I drive the festiva to the parking lots.

thecollector
03-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I actually got some parking lot justice for a stranger on SAT. at cincinnati mills mall. I came out and saw a guy in a ranger completely crush the tailgate of a minivan. I chased him on foot waving my arms buy he didn't stop. After a brief 2 mile pursuit in the truck I caught and confronted him-and he played dumb. I told him that he should probably return and deal with it or the police would be contacting him shortly. Long story short, he came back after a little while and took care of it, but only because I chased him down. He claimed to not have noticed he hit it but I cannot accept the excuse given the amount of damage. I would estimate the body work on the Honda minivan to top 2,000. After my stang suffered $2,800 in damage last year in the hands of a parking lot stranger who bolted I felt obligated to chase this guy down.

Chalk one up for doing the right thing, and the defensless unattended automobile.

cstreu1026
03-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Good for you. If more people did that sort of thing we would all be better off.

auto alchemist
03-18-2008, 07:46 PM
i know what you mean man, it seams like whever you finally get something nice that your proud of something HAS to happen to it, 2 months after i got my first 240 some lady pulled out in front of me and my car was prety fu****, but because she was turning right she had starightened out and because of the rain i couldnt stop so i rear ended her (meaning i dont get my car paid for) it ended up being considered not at fault but my car was still totalled.

and when i was on my way home from buying those wheels off of you some guy ran me off the road in my tbird and i hit the curb and blew out both driver side tires, he tried to change lanes without looking beside him and there were people behind me so i tried getting over but because of all the snow i couldnt see where the curb was and thats when it happened :mad:

i think im gona just save up and buy a tank for my dd, that way people wont do stupid crap like that to me lol

cstreu1026
03-18-2008, 08:02 PM
When I get this thing painted it ain't leaving the garage except to go to the drag strip and car shows.

R825OH
03-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Bummer :(it sucks to have a nice car and not be able to drive it:(

NXcoupe
03-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I was really surprised at how big the area was that was scraped up. It sucks, hope it can buff out.
When I finished the paint job on my convertible, I was really proud of it. It turned out sweet, very straight and deep. I took out a date to a club and I parked near the dumpster out in the outskirts of the parking lot so at least one side was protected, or so I thought. Well, we came out after a couple hours and I see something laying on my fender, it looked like a garbage bag. As I got closer, I saw that it was indeed a garbage bag, and that there were two not just one. Then as I got a little closer, I noticed it was all beer bottles, and some were broken. It dented my fender and scratched the hood and fender up. I had been drinking, so calling the cops was not an option, and loosing my cool in front of my date was also not an option, so I just threw them off of my car, and brushed as much of the broken glass off of it I could and kept my cool as best I could. Still haven't gotten it fixed.