PDA

View Full Version : Cowardly Cops, aka Meter maids...

PonymanfiveO
03-16-2008, 05:18 PM
This pisses me of to no end! I am so mad I cant see straight!!!!:mad:

Jennifer, my girlfriend has never in her life gotten a moving violation...not a ticket what so ever in her entire life!!! Only been pulled over once for a burnt out light.

She walks out of the house to go to work early this morning (a sunday morning mind you) and there is an Alexandria cop standing in front of the house putting a parking ticket on her Dodge truck. She walks up and asks what the problem is. He gets all scared and defensive saying there is a new city ordinance in effect and she is breaking the law by parking the wrong way on the street. WTF???:confused:

There are low lifes all over this city selling drugs, raping children, killing people, speeding, jay-walking, whatever...and we have cops writing parking tickets on a small rural two lane street with barely two dozen homes on it?

What the fuck is wrong with the world today???

This officer explained that he was only doing his job. He is glad that I was not out there because I would have called him a coward and a disgrace to that badge he was wearing. I would quit and find a new job before I earned a living writing out parking tickets!

Now She has to spend $50 of the paycheck she had to work on sunday to earn for parking the wrong way in front of her own house.

this is %100 bullshit.

thank you. :)

DeckerEnt
03-16-2008, 05:24 PM
It has to be a common sense thing to give a girl a break especially since the truck was in fromt of her house and she came out to see it. The cop should have tore up the ticket right then and there.
Keith

Greg Seibert
03-16-2008, 06:30 PM
A-Town has way to many cops. Besides taking the real criminals to task, in their down time they are required to generate income such as this, to pay for all their fancy s#!t. They want to annex south out past the High School next, build a library, YMCA, another fire house, a mall........more cops.........WTF is it all coming to?

99Slobra
03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Their job is to write tickets. Not bust criminals.

And is almost every other city/state its illegal to park facing the wrong way.

mustanginky
03-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Their job is to write tickets. Not bust criminals.

And is almost every other city/state its illegal to park facing the wrong way.

yeah i mean it sucks to get a parking ticket and all, but if she was in fact parked wrong and it's a city ordinance, then really she's guilty. cant say i haven't done it, but i wouldnt go and call the ticket writer a coward for doing their job. that and i love people who say "i wish i would have been there!"
for what? to do something completely ignorant and get into trouble? or prove that in fact you really would have done nothing?

Silver Bullet
03-16-2008, 08:21 PM
I remember a couple of run-ins with A town cops.... I look back... and yes they was a disgrace to the uniform...

Clear out where you live... parking ticket... sounds like b.s.

:rolleyes:

Da Natti
03-16-2008, 08:58 PM
it has always been illegal to park the wrong way on a 2 way street in kentucky she just got the prick that wants to enforce it! it suck to hear it though!

PonymanfiveO
03-16-2008, 09:22 PM
I remember a couple of run-ins with A town cops.... I look back... and yes they was a disgrace to the uniform...

and thats coming from a cop.....a good cop might I add. Thanks Terry. ;)

PonymanfiveO
03-16-2008, 09:24 PM
it has always been illegal to park the wrong way on a 2 way street in kentucky she just got the prick that wants to enforce it! it suck to hear it though!

the dork told her is was a new ordinance that was just put into effect.

I guess a warning would have been letting her off too easy. Hell, Im sure parking the wrong way is a gateway crime...Next she'll be holding up banks or turning without a turn signal. :rolleyes:

fastone
03-16-2008, 09:42 PM

WOW!!!!!!!! Lets see, I remember everyone emtpying out ATM machines and counting change for you one night in A-town!!! Oh what fun, the old days were!!!!! I think it all started with "Chicken Chest" if I remember right, would that be right???? Im laughing uncontrolably thinking about it right now!!!! :chicken:

fastone
03-16-2008, 09:43 PM
A-Town has way to many cops. Besides taking the real criminals to task, in their down time they are required to generate income such as this, to pay for all their fancy s#!t. They want to annex south out past the High School next, build a library, YMCA, another fire house, a mall........more cops.........WTF is it all coming to?

HEY!!! Fire houses are always good!!!! Firemen are great, remember that!!!:angel:

fastone
03-16-2008, 09:45 PM
the dork told her is was a new ordinance that was just put into effect.

I guess a warning would have been letting her off too easy. Hell, Im sure parking the wrong way is a gateway crime...Next she'll be holding up banks or turning without a turn signal. :rolleyes:

Was it an actual ticket with court cost and all??? If not take it to the city manager type guy or mayor and raise ten kinds of hell, if it is a city ticket, more than likely they will drop it!!!! Trust me, Edgewood does it all the time with city tickets....

VuNiT3
03-16-2008, 09:54 PM
This ordinance he said came into effect around 2 months ago. I said fine, but how I am supposed to know any different when I have lived here my whole life, and never once heard of it until today? He said they were putting flyers on people's vehicles. I guess my truck was completely invisible during that drive-by. Not to mention, my neighbor down the road who had the same violation, got a warning. His entire shift today consisted of driving up and down subdivisions to see who is parked the way they should be. WTF? He said with my truck parked that way, it is too hard to see around. How they hell does my truck being parked one way or the other make a difference? It will take up the same amount of space either fuggin way!

$50 ticket and not even a damn cool story to tell about it.:mad:

Silver Bullet
03-16-2008, 10:01 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! Lets see, I remember everyone emtpying out ATM machines and counting change for you one night in A-town!!! Oh what fun, the old days were!!!!! I think it all started with "Chicken Chest" if I remember right, would that be right???? Im laughing uncontrolably thinking about it right now!!!! :chicken:

Yep... something like that! LOL I remember he couldn't figure out what to do... so he made a charge up of "Criminal Trespassing" in Wal-Mart’s parking lot! Took it to court.... Judge dismissed it, and I quote him “Surely there are bigger and better hyannis crimes in the big city of Alexandria, than this?"
lol

dedpedal
03-16-2008, 10:13 PM
$50 ticket and not even a damn cool story to tell about it.:mad:

Do what I do, make something up about how he offered to tear it up if you pole danced on the tailgate for him and you fended him off with a belch and a fart. Allways seems to work for me.

Black92LX
03-17-2008, 02:47 PM
I love writing parking tickets. They take about 30 seconds.
But I only write parking tickets for vehicles that pose a safety hazard to drivers and pedestrians. Also Handicapped parking infractions
In this instance I would not have written a ticket. I would have informed her of the new ordinance other than that been on my way.

Black Horse
03-17-2008, 03:04 PM
More than likely a neighbor complained......you must be reducing their property values or something!

Waffles
03-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Do what I do, make something up about how he offered to tear it up if you pole danced on the tailgate for him and you fended him off with a belch and a fart. Allways seems to work for me.

So.... did you actually do the pole dance then?

PonymanfiveO
03-17-2008, 10:12 PM
More than likely a neighbor complained......you must be reducing their property values or something!

Sadly, your more than likely right.

Their morbidly obese unemployed children, and their children get woken up by the sound of a diesel truck every morning....the sound of someone leaving the house to earn a living. hmmmm...

the world is a sad place. A few of the reasons I dont want to raise children in it.

graysonracin
03-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Those assholes must have not had anything better to do because i left my grand prix at my parents house and they moved it facing the wrong way and when they got home from work there was a ticket on the windshield for that same bs parking ordinance. It must be hardwork being an A-town cop, tracking down hardcore criminals like us.

may93
03-17-2008, 11:54 PM
The right thing would have been to make her aware of the ordinance and then give her the opportunity to correct the problem and if it continued after the warning was given then after that point you issue a ticket.

fastone
03-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Those assholes must have not had anything better to do because i left my grand prix at my parents house and they moved it facing the wrong way and when they got home from work there was a ticket on the windshield for that same bs parking ordinance. It must be hardwork being an A-town cop, tracking down hardcore criminals like us.

Are these actually state tickets?? Or are they City of Alexandria/Police tickets???

Swiller of Beer
03-18-2008, 09:10 PM
I think they are city tickets. The cops left one of those flyers on my company truck about 6 weeks ago down here in Brookhood. God forbid I can get the cops to do anything around here about the punk ass kids running around, but they are always on the lookout for people parked the wrong way on the street.

FMGT1999
03-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Oh just move out to Kansas where we don't have silly laws like those... We shoot first :AR15: and ask afterwards... :evilgrin: :D

Kyle

PS: Kit was asking about you brown girl... :D

PaulFiveOh
03-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Come on now, why would you give the guy grief? He straight up said "Hey look man, I'm just doing my job.".... and in fact thats what he was doing! How would you like it if people came to your work and called you a bunch of names for performing by the book!

IMO, you should have not thought about verbally attacking the person simply putting the ink on the paper. You should instead address your concern with the appropriate peoples and try to get the law better tailored to suit you.

Or don't park the wrong way. :D

Foxxx5oh
03-18-2008, 11:23 PM
kansas is a real place? wwwwoooooowwwww...lol j/k Kyle

Mista Bone
03-19-2008, 12:18 AM
heard it's really windy there :)

"toto?"

JET50213
03-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Hopefully, I'm not wasting my time here, but I have to add my .2 cents:

I have written citations for this in the past. I'm not saying it does not suck. I've given breaks before and written citations before. There have been certain times when I was told by my superiors that I needed to focus on certain issues...that is just part of the job. As for your anger toward the officer...try to imagine what it is like to be hated for doing what you believe to be the noblest profession. Some of my best busts have come while I was out on the street, bored our of my mind looking for parking tickets. Suddenly, some POS thief rolls out of a car with a stereo. I chase him down....fight with him for a few to get him cuffed....dust myself off and knock on your door to give your stereo back. Hell, in light of the damage to your vehicle....I might even give you a warning for the parking violation.
There is a very good chance that officer did not do much else that night other than write tickets. There is also a slight chance that he arrested the guy who would have otherwise stolen your car....or worse. By the way, $50 is freakin' expensive. In Miamisburg it'd be $10.
For those who are bored enough to read my rantings, please thank a police officer if you get a chance...not for the ticket, but for the difficult things he/she has to deal with on a daily basis as part of the hard job they do. Remember, that officer may have just taken a rape call involving a child.
Sorry to jack your thread. I just felt compelled to respond.

VuNiT3
03-21-2008, 02:56 PM
I swear to God, if one more person posts "don't park the wrong way", or "you shouldn't have parked that way", I am gonna fuggin snap. If I had known I was doing something illegal, I wouldn't have done it, period. I have worked 15 damn hours a day this week, and it really pisses me off to know that $50 of my hard earned money, goes to a bullshit ticket. :mad:

VuNiT3
03-25-2008, 09:58 AM
FYI, I got out of my ticket yesterday. :bigthumb

Silver Bullet
03-25-2008, 10:21 AM
I was over my dads this weekend and brought up this subject, and to my surprise they had a warning put on their car for the same thing....

black90lx
03-25-2008, 03:47 PM
I swear to God, if one more person posts "don't park the wrong way", or "you shouldn't have parked that way", I am gonna fuggin snap.:

You shouldn't have parked the wrong way.... J\k. I haven't talked to a cop that I do like.