PDA

View Full Version : im a little peeved

07thorobrd
03-17-2008, 09:35 PM
ill start off bby giving you all some background info. i bout my mustang in june of last yr...it had 4 miles on it. Now it has 768 miles on it...so its def. not a dd by any stretch of the imagination. but this is what made me mad. the other day the parking brake light came on after i had disengagged the brake. so i thought well maybe the fluid is low. i checked it and it wasnt...so i call the dealer where i brought it and set up an appointment. i took it in this morning and told them what had happened, so the tech comes up to me about an hr. later and says that your emergency brake cable was binding up...we had to replace it. your brake works fine now but the light is going to stay on until we can replace the switch. we need to order the switch it will prolly take 1 to 2 days to get here. i mean i guess its not that big of a deal bc the car is fixed for the most part except for the light and it didnt cost me anything bc it was under warranty but that sux that i dont even have 1000 miles on it yet a sh@# is braking on it. i mean good ol henry may need to step up the quality control a lil. well just wanted to get that off my chest.

mach_u
03-17-2008, 09:39 PM
I can't tell you how much crap was replaced on mine under warranty - heads, steering shaft, airbag, etc, etc! lol The joys of owning a Ford.

Waffles
03-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Anything.... I had the same crap with the Dodge truck I used to drive.

k062693w
03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
How long had it been sitting with the E-brake set???????

cstreu1026
03-17-2008, 10:25 PM
I am on my 5th boost gauge in my SRT4 and its made by autometer. Its no wonder Toyota has become the number 1 manufacturer.

mustangboy
03-17-2008, 10:36 PM
How long had it been sitting with the E-brake set???????

That is what I was thinking. Alot of times just sitting is harder on a car than being driven everyday.

Waffles
03-17-2008, 11:01 PM
A lot of times just sitting is harder on a car than being driven everyday.

lol... maybe that's why my Cobra runs so well after 105,000!

07thorobrd
03-19-2008, 12:34 AM
i drive it about every other week just to keep the fluids and all that circulating

bobtsgt
03-19-2008, 08:23 AM
don't see why in the hell the switch would be bad. maybe stuck a little or the spring inside shifted off the perch.

facemelter71
03-19-2008, 09:25 AM
When i was test driving for ford I had a brand new cobra 03 with 4 miles on it have a really bad rear wheel bearing.You could grab the tire with the car off the ground and shake the hell outta it with it still bolted to the bearing.Im think the only thing holding it on was the nut for the axle.:eek:

Gene
03-19-2008, 09:48 AM
So you're pissed that a minor part broke? And it was fixed under warranty? :rolleyes:

It's a car. Shit breaks. If you're that upset about something minor, don't mod the car, because you're not going to be able to deal with it when something big breaks.

BigBadStang
03-19-2008, 11:21 AM
ANYTHING that's been mass produced will have mechanical issues from time to time...
What do you think the warranty is for?
Now...if the dealership told you to get bent, and they aren't fixing it under warranty, then rant away!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I can't tell you how much crap was replaced on mine under warranty - heads, steering shaft, airbag, etc, etc! lol The joys of owning a Ford.

The joys of owning a new Ford :bigthumb