PDA

View Full Version : Using a 2 step with nitrous

Steves LX
03-18-2008, 10:56 AM
I am buying a 2 step today and was wondering how this thing gets wired up since I will be using nitrous from time to time. My nitrous kit is a Zex Dry kit. It activates at WOT through the TPS sensor. The last thing I want is to arm the nitrous and have it activate while sitting at the tree trying to activate the 2 step. I would like to try this out this weekened at TnT before the first UMTR next weekend. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Jeff88coupe
03-18-2008, 10:59 AM
I use to have my nitrous and 2 step wired up just like you. Nitrous on a WOT switch...2 step on a button on the shifter handle. When I ran nitrous I would just not go WOT at the line...i would just roll into the throttle enough to bring the engine rpm's up against the 2-step chip. Then just mash the gas/dump the clutch on the green light...worked fine for me for many years.

Steves LX
03-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Sounds easy enough. I talked to MSD and he gave me some stupid schematic saynig I needed a relay and this that and the other. So I assume that with the button one side goes to the wire off the two step and the other wire on the button would go to a 12 volt source.

95turbocharged
03-18-2008, 11:51 AM
A relay is there to help I used one when I wired my stuff I would use it. It's to make sure you use the correct amps and it also gives some what of an extra safe guard! some people I know wont wire anything in there car without a relay like shannon(kennebell) I think he has like 10 or somthing if you got it wont hurt but it could save you one day.

89notch
03-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Put you nitrous on a window switch and put the window above the two step. Then it will only spray if you are above a certain RPM as well as WOT and will shut it off before you hit the rev limiter.

95turbocharged
03-19-2008, 12:31 AM
I agree a window switch is a needed part but no matter what use the relay!!!!!

91lxnos
03-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Just wire the wideopen switch to deactivate when the 2 step sees power and to activate when it does not. Like you would a trans break. use the relay to send power when it is closed to the twostep and to send power when it is open to the WOT switch.

Mista Bone
03-19-2008, 12:57 AM
use a relay to cuts power to the ZEX NMU while on the two step.

Releasing the two step button will allow the nitrous to start working if powered. Might be a slight delay, but this can be a good thing. Allowing the car to start moving before arming, less chance of blowing the slicks off.

IMHO no need for a window switch. Set the fuel rpm cut about 500 rpm higher than the revlimiter chip for the MSD. Kill the spark, not the fuel. You might get a big bang out the exhaust, but mufflers are cheaper than a motor!

I exploded a muffler once with ZEX, scared the people behind me!

Yeah, bite me, it was on my Honda, but same simple priciples apply.

bbfstanger
03-19-2008, 10:43 PM
theres a wiring diagram over on the corral that you can use.
relays are a must.
on my old capri dropped my 60ft over a tenth all motor ,being floored on the 2step at 6200 versuses trying to hold it then flooring.

92BlackStang
03-19-2008, 10:59 PM
spray it off the line...

quik lx
03-20-2008, 08:48 AM
spray it off the line...

Werd! you dont need a window switch on a 5 litre. The 2 step is just looking for a ground to activate. Run the wire from the box to a momentary push button switch and the other side of the switch goes to ground. Gimme a call Steve.