PDA

View Full Version : QS&L Renames Hot Sauce

bestracing
03-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh Boy :rolleyes:

A restaurant chain with several Tri-State locations is changing the name of one of its hot sauces.

Quaker Steak & Lube says it will be renaming its "Suicide" hot sauce after receiving several complaints that the name is insensitive.

Among those who wrote the company was an Ohio member of a support group for loved ones of people who have committed suicide.

theyallslow
03-18-2008, 02:58 PM
the hell with that.

bobtsgt
03-18-2008, 03:18 PM
oh jeez. bunch of bored ass people. nothing better to do then write a letter.

Black Horse
03-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Let them eat 6 wings with that sauce and see if maybe they will will rescend their recommendation. When I tried it, suicide did cross my mind. (Thank God for chocolate syrup)

Or rename it "Spincter Blister" sauce.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
This thread offends me. I request that you rename it "Pussification of America". :rolleyes:

Carl
03-18-2008, 05:00 PM
I don't remeber a 'suicide' flavor..is it hotter than the Atomic? Cause we all know how much Mad Matt Johnson and I love it!!!

PaulFiveOh
03-18-2008, 05:14 PM
I think Atomic is at Bdubs and Suicide is at QSL....not sure though

Mr.Moontang
03-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Atomic is at QSL

PaulFiveOh
03-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Ah ok

Paul408Notch
03-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Suicide is just below Atomic.

PonymanfiveO
03-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Let them eat 6 wings with that sauce and see if maybe they will will rescend their recommendation. When I tried it, suicide did cross my mind. (Thank God for chocolate syrup)

:wstupid:

mach_u
03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Best name yet! :bigthumb

cobra_SVT_Girl
03-18-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm guessing it would probably be different if you had a close relative/friend who did commit suicide...it might be a little touchy....

Motorvation
03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
This thread offends me. I request that you rename it "Pussification of America". :rolleyes:

:agree: F'em if they can't take a joke!

TurboNG
03-19-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm guessing it would probably be different if you had a close relative/friend who did commit suicide...it might be a little touchy....

Ok they need to change the name of the Suicide Hot Line then cause that name is also touchy and offends me Name it "It's Ok To Kill Yourself Line".....
I had a friend kill himself over some stupid woman! It's his fault he did it, his choice, his life, he was a F'ing retard dumb ba$terd for doing it but O'well. Time to move on and forget about it....... I think I'm gonna write a letter now ;)
These people just have nothing better to do then to bitch about dumb shit.....

2-8-1
03-20-2008, 10:04 AM

I had an uncle attempt, and a cousin succeed in suicide. Their desicion. Get over it.

This my friends, its called "liberalist pussy bullshit", and it's taking over America.

If they aren't openly making fun of those who committed suicide, then it's alright. Suicide Sauce isn't a stab taken at those that have committed suicide. It's a NAME OF A SAUCE.

jdubya
03-20-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh great now the Suicide Girls are going to have to change their name too.

Holly
03-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Suicide is just below Atomic.

When are we going for all-you-can-eat on a Tuesday night, and some peanut butter pie? I'm ready! Talk to the wife and see if she wants to go sometime soon.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Guys, the point is, terrible and sad things happen in every single aspect of life. You don't see Holly going around looking for shit named "heart attack" and bitching a storm about it do you? I'm really sorry for anyone who's had a friend or family member commit suicide, but taking offense of a bottle of hot sauce that uses "suicide" in its name is stupid at best. If i spent my days thinking about everything in this world that offends me, i wouldn't be able to focus on anything else in life except bitching about those things. Not a single day goes by, and i swear that's no exaggeration, not a single day goes by that something doesn't offend me or at least REALLY piss me off. It's called "rolling with the punches".

theyallslow
03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I think that it is too little to late. if you go to this much to change the name of a sauce then you should have spent more time helping your friend or loved you before they commited suicide.

Holly
03-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Guys, the point is, terrible and sad things happen in every single aspect of life. You don't see Holly going around looking for shit named "heart attack" and bitching a storm about it do you? I'm really sorry for anyone who's had a friend or family member commit suicide, but taking offense of a bottle of hot sauce that uses "suicide" in its name is stupid at best. If i spent my days thinking about everything in this world that offends me, i wouldn't be able to focus on anything else in life except bitching about those things. Not a single day goes by, and i swear that's no exaggeration, not a single day goes by that something doesn't offend me or at least REALLY piss me off. It's called "rolling with the punches".

:agree: Good speech guy.

Paul408Notch
03-20-2008, 03:26 PM
When are we going for all-you-can-eat on a Tuesday night, and some peanut butter pie? I'm ready! Talk to the wife and see if she wants to go sometime soon.

We tend to go about once a month. I'll give you some notice for the next one whenever it ends up being. :)

FireStang02
03-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Where are the other locations in the area? I thought the only local one was in Milford.

cobra_SVT_Girl
03-20-2008, 09:30 PM
I had an uncle attempt, and a cousin succeed in suicide. Their desicion. Get over it.

This my friends, its called "liberalist pussy bullshit", and it's taking over America.

If they aren't openly making fun of those who committed suicide, then it's alright. Suicide Sauce isn't a stab taken at those that have committed suicide. It's a NAME OF A SAUCE.

Instead of focusing on the negative, I think it's a real testimate to the lengths QSL will go to for it's customers. We can all witness the same event and take away completely different experiences...just because someone may be offended by it doesn't make them wrong, just like it doesn't make you wrong for NOT being offended by it. I'm not sure how this being "liberalist"? A group of consumers complained, QSL did what they thought was right. I don't think that's liberalist, I think that's marketing 101.

Like it or not, it appears it's a done deal. Like you said...."It's a NAME OF A SAUCE". Get over it.

02mingryGT
03-21-2008, 09:29 AM
She's right. Basically the cry babies get their way. We should all sit around and think up shit that offends us.

Pretty much the people that need to get over it are the people crying about it to begin with. And your right, it's not "liberalist" but as someone said earlier "PUSSIFICATION".