PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth keeping Collision/Theft Insurance on a 91GT ??

Katmandu
03-18-2008, 04:07 PM
My 91GT Vert will be paid off soon and I was wondered wether or not it's worth keeping Collision/Theft Insurance on it ??

It's worth maybe $6-7K.

jaystang44
03-18-2008, 04:36 PM
I guess it depends on how much you pay what you can afford and what you are willing to risk.....All Im saying is it would suck to cancel it and then have it stolen or hit while is parked in the garage (hey it could happen).

On the other hand you could cancel it and save money and nothing ever happens to it.

Your choice either way there are good and bads

Mista Bone
03-18-2008, 04:38 PM
keep the comprehensive part, it's not that much $$$, also un/under insured driver as well.

Too many asshats driving without insurance right now, I was one of them at one point.

mustangboy
03-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Actually I believe you will find that it is not that much more to carry full insurance than just comprehensive. On older cars the comprehensive is the expensive part, it should only be a few more dollars to go ahead and full. Basically it boils down to wether or not your will to completely write it off if you wreck it or if you would like to get something back out of it. I'd also talk to your agent about different options as far as the value of the car.

Mista Bone
03-18-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't have either right now. If someone hits my Civic it will be a total loss at $2300-2900. I know, my HB was totalled out last April.

Need to check back in with State Farm, see if I can get a lower rate.