PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching Drag Race High On Speed?

tmotorsports
03-20-2008, 10:05 AM
I have been watching the show from the beginning.Its a cool show.The mustang is coming along awesome and with tony bishoff on board the monza may as well forfiet it does not stand a chance.and it s STREET CAR.Gonna hand that tube chassis monza RACE CAR its ass

c4gt
03-20-2008, 10:09 AM
i know tony said the mustang is going to be running a 700 horse 434 but did they ever say what the monza was going to run

chad393na
03-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I watched it the other night, kinda neat idea. My car is on the most recent episode, the one where they go to bowling green nmra. It's in the shot were they show the true street cruise beginning at the starting line. You can see 91lxnos's arm hanging out the window with the camcorder. Cool!:D

nskaats
03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
The show is really cool. I wish my vocational school could have done something like that. We probably had more fun than we should have anyway.

pegasus
03-20-2008, 12:35 PM
only thing keeping the monza is paint chips rush and bird shit

Xowner
03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
yah did you see what the one guy did doing the frame work said?

I don't care if it gets done or not. i'm a hourly paid employee.

I almost fell outta my chair that someone could be such an ass.

PonymanfiveO
03-20-2008, 06:24 PM
only thing keeping the monza is paint chips rush and bird shit

I dont understand a word of this. :confused:

nskaats
03-20-2008, 08:59 PM
yah did you see what the one guy did doing the frame work said?

I don't care if it gets done or not. i'm a hourly paid employee.

I almost fell outta my chair that someone could be such an ass.

I thought that was pretty shitty myself. He was told in the beginning when it had to be done, and he knew it was for a good cause. Why are people such fuggin dicks? It's seriously unreal.

I would like to see the other school go over and donate some labor hours since they're so far ahead, and the Monza team got screwed over by NADC. I think that would be pretty cool.

NXcoupe
03-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I have watched it. It jumps around a lot and it seems that each week the show doesn't make much progress, especially on the chevy side. The guy at Nashville auto diesel is a jerk. All the more reason not to go to school there. I think I will pick it up at the end when they race.
Chad, I missed seeing your car, is it in the program or at the beginning somewhere?

BigBadStang
03-22-2008, 01:56 AM
i know tony said the mustang is going to be running a 700 horse 434 but did they ever say what the monza was going to run

The last episode I saw, the students were prepping the block. All they said was that it was a Shivvy 350. So I assume it will be built "in house". On the first show the 2 instructors agreed to a 700hp limit for both cars.

Rustanggt98
03-22-2008, 02:59 AM
I dont understand a word of this. :confused:

thank you :lol:

chad393na
03-22-2008, 10:09 AM
I have watched it. It jumps around a lot and it seems that each week the show doesn't make much progress, especially on the chevy side. The guy at Nashville auto diesel is a jerk. All the more reason not to go to school there. I think I will pick it up at the end when they race.
Chad, I missed seeing your car, is it in the program or at the beginning somewhere?

It's about halfway through the show, where they show the parade of true street cars. It only lasts for a sec. or two, so don't blink!:D

mustangboy
03-22-2008, 11:07 AM
The Chevy teacher keep saying there is no way they are going to lose as they have a real race car not a dressed up street car. What that guy doesn't understand is that Tony Bischoff is not only supplying the engine but is also doing the driving as well. If the Chevy boys are building that engine in house they don't stand a chance.

PonymanfiveO
03-22-2008, 12:05 PM
I talked to Tony a few months ago....I know who wins. :D

Sharad
03-22-2008, 01:39 PM
there's no chance that mustang doesn't SMOKE that tubbed racecar. They're gonna look silly sitting there at the line four linked on Pro Stock tires while that little "street car" drives right by them on 10" tires!!!

BigBadStang
03-22-2008, 02:47 PM
It looks like they will be pushing it to finish that shit beater monza...let alone have enough time to dial in a 4 link!

what I didn't get is why in gods name would that instructor pick such a ragged out pile of rust as a starting point?
I know he wants the kids to learn, but he put them 3 weeks behind the 8 ball from the get-go.

Jaylynn
04-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Did anyone see the final episode? ...... watched it last week, think it's on this week again. I felt bad for those kids......I know everyone did the best they could & they'll get alot from the experience you just hate to see that.

Sharad
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
seems like there's still gonna be a follow up with they get the piece of shhhhhhhevy running?

nskaats
04-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I think they'll do a follow up of the race once the car is running.

NXcoupe
04-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I couldn't believe that instructor at NADC!! He goes on vacation knowing they had a deadline and he had dropped the ball. That poor instructor got hosed trusting that NADC guy. Luckily for them a local shop got involved and saved the project.
I can't wait to see the showdown, that mustang was very impressive.

BUHBYY
04-09-2008, 06:48 PM
The show is still on there are at least two more episodes Got to love tivo info page :lol: