PDA

View Full Version : Rather rot the f**ker away then give it a good home

1slow5.O
03-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Well for the past 2 weeks i've been pestering my uncle (who lives in Boise, ID.) Asking him what he is going to do with his 2 67 Camaros he has rotting away in my grandmas barn ( Harrison, OH). The 1 is full assembled Z28 but hasn't been driven since 1987. The other is a RS basicly just a shell that someone hit him in the fender and bent the subframe on..

I've been calling for the past 2 weeks offering him any amount of money for the shell. The man has more money than God himself, i shit you not. Prolly has the 1st dollar he ever made and he squeaks when he shits.

Long story short... I talked to my grandpa today after talking to my uncle and he said i " couldn't afford parts right now" and "i would just mess the car up and give it away"

Considering I have more money in honda parts then any dumbass should ever spend, theres a 1000 bucks sitting on my dresser in a manifold and a turbo.Theres a coupe shell in the garage with tons if paychecks put into.. Rather than waste my money with a 4 bangers anymore. I really wanted to start this Camaro project..

Instead he'd rather it sit outside and rot away then sell it and watch it hit the road again.

I know there are a alot on here, Has anyone been denied a muscle car for the stupidest reasons ever!?!?

My Aunt has a 67 mustang, she'd prolly let go.. but i just dont want that. DAMNT im pissed

2-8-1
03-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I went to buy a 1970 Chevelle SS 396, Identical to my dad's old car. Old fuck said he was going to let it sit there until it rusted down, as it had sentimental value. Okay fine. I drove by the place last month and it was GONE. Old shit GAVE THE CAR AWAY! Let me reiterate. HE GAVE IT AWAY and I offered 5K cash for it.

1slow5.O
03-20-2008, 12:17 PM
gave it away???!?!?! WTF! What is wrong with people

facemelter71
03-20-2008, 12:21 PM
I went to look at a 65 fastback mustang with BLONDE's dad.It was his brothers car for years.Her dad looked at it and decided he didnt like the shape it was in and passed on it.His brother said "fine,ill let it sit here and rust".I raised my hand and said "i have a spot for it".He said fine you can have it,Let me know how it comes along.I went the weekend following and loaded it up on the flatbed and towed it out.Had to cut down some trees to get to it,but i have it.Strait as an arrow.

R825OH
03-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Probably should take the word "fucker " out of your title

8banger
03-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Yep...found a 1969 GTO Judge sitting in a front yard on concrete blocks..under a tree..in Murfreesboro,Tn(use to live there) back in 1995..offered a cash deal..guy stated,not gonna sell it ever...because of the tree(sap,leaves,etc),,it was wasting away...I also asked it it was a true Judge..He replied yes,I bought it brand new....Returned ever year for the next 5 years(visiting family members) and offered to buy...no sale..01 returned to find it gone and the owner moved away... :( .....

slvr87cpe
03-20-2008, 12:55 PM
i found a 64 fairlane 2 door post car (thunderbolt clone) sitting under a messanine rusting away and the same thing the guy will not let it go tried to buy it twice now ..my curent car a 55 ford fairlane victoria sat for ten years went from a about a $15000 dollar car to rusted floors ,rockers ,and doors before the guy finale sold it to my dad and i got it from him :mad:

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I know so many guys like that. I knew a guy with a Grabber Maverick that sat behind his shed until the floors rotted out of it. I also know a guy with a '70 Challenger but at least that car is sitting in a garage.

Then there's the original 1980 PPG Pacecar Mustang that is literally sitting in the wood/weeds rusting away to nothing, and there's 100s of guys on 4eyedpride who would give their first born for it so they could give it a proper restoration. That car is literally a one of a kind and the owner won't come off it.

Mista Bone
03-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Just out of high school saw an ad in the newspaper, 71 Buick Skylark GS350, doesn't run, $500. Called the lady, sound like a broken timing chain, easy fix. Got there with cash and decided not to sell it.

Called me a week later if I still wanted it......HELL YES!!!!!!!

Got there and it was being towed away. Someone handed her $3000 for it, don't really blame her.

STRAIGHT RUST FREE body. I was so heart broken I bought a 1975 Mustang II V8 for $950.

'92Stang
03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
I have a similiar story. My oldest sister worked all through high school. When she graduated in 1971 she had half the money to buy herself a 71 Maverick Grabber, mom and dadded gave her the rest. A couple years later she married, and had 2 girls. The maverick wasn't practical for the family so mom and dad bought it from them so they could put money down on a new country squire station wagon. The car was then handed down through the family. When I turned 16 it was mine. It was a fun car to drive with the 302, and light as heck. When I went in the Marines in 87 my sister got the car back, and stored it in concrete block milk house on there farm south of Alexandria, Ky. While visiting the farm in 1995 I noticed the car was still in the barn, it still had my fuzzy dice on the rearview mirror and nothing had been done to it, all the tires flat, bird crap all over it etc....I asked to buy it back from them. My brother-in-law said he wanted to get it restored for my sister. The car was still near mint condition. Within a year my sister developed cancer and passed on:(..I again tryed to get the car back, no luck. He sold the farm to some millionaire so he could store all his toys in the barns. I found out later they bulldozed the milkhouse with the Maverick still inside:mad:..

k062693w
03-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Well this one time at Band Camp,, Oh sorry wrong story LMAO!!!!

1slow5.O
03-20-2008, 10:01 PM
damn those are some crazy stories! Seems like just to rub it in, a guy came into my work today with a 70 Nova with a 350... damnt i was even madder then

Timido
03-20-2008, 10:10 PM
i found a 64 fairlane 2 door post car (thunderbolt clone) sitting under a messanine rusting away and the same thing the guy will not let it go tried to buy it twice now ..my curent car a 55 ford fairlane victoria sat for ten years went from a about a $15000 dollar car to rusted floors ,rockers ,and doors before the guy finale sold it to my dad and i got it from him :mad:

Thats not the Junker I tried to buy from the guy in Xenia is it? I was going to go up and get it and he said " I think I am going to keep it now."

347sc
03-20-2008, 10:25 PM
There was an old junkyard in Springboro that had all kinds of old muscle cars and classics. Had two Nomads in it 55 and 57. They closed down in the early 70s and the cars sat and rotted. They came in and scrapped everything a few years ago.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Is that place out in Mt. Orab on 68 still there that had all those old cars in the front yard? I heard something back when i was in school that those cars weren't allowed to be moved because they had been there so long...it didn't make sense to me. He had all kinds of old musclecars just rotting away in his front yard and it had that privacy chain link fence around it but i could see in while i was on the school bus.

hchays
03-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Yep, I have a similar story. There is a guy where I use to live (central Ohio) that has an big original junkyard from the 50's & 60's. The yard is full of 57 Chevys, Mustangs, all complete cars anything that you can think of. He was into hot rods at the time he put it together. He will not let anyone in the yard for any amount of money. There is over a million dollars worth of "junk" sitting there. I know because there is a way to sneak in, and I have been in and looked.

facemelter71
03-21-2008, 09:41 AM
The place that i got my 65 fastback from,there is an original i think a trans-am convertible 4 speed car.I had to pull my mustang out from around it.Its still there,sittin in the weeds.I dont know what year it is but whatever the earlier models with the vert top and i wanna say 400Cube engine was is in.

HDmstng
03-21-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't have a good story about trying to get a car and having it sold or given away, but thought this might suffice!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340069,00.html

http://www.foxnews.com/images/354497/1_21_mustang_450.jpg

After 37 years a Los Angeles man may finally get his stolen Mustang back.

Eugene Brakke was recently told by the San Diego Police Department auto theft unit that his 1965 Mustang was found in their city, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

In 1970 Brakke reported it stolen and filed a report with the Burbank Police Department, the newspaper reported.

Police told the newspaper that a San Diego woman was given the Mustang as a high school graduation gift from her father in 1970. When she recently tried to sell it, she learned it was stolen.

But, according to the woman, it is unclear if Brakke wants to car back, because he told her it is "just not the same," the newspaper reported.

1slow5.O
03-21-2008, 10:08 PM
^It's not the same?? haha

Foxxx5oh
03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
my landlord pissed me off as he has 2 cars doin this right now...one is in my driveway sittin on 4 flat tires with the frame on the ground and fiberglass showin in a few spots...but its a 1976 Stingray...then there is the one that really hurts, is the 1929 Model A sitting UNCOVERED on an open trailer in his back yard...and this shitbag laughs about it like he has a couple fuckin yugos that aint worth shit...

winner70ta
03-24-2008, 11:21 AM
First off, that sucks about the Camaro situation. Especially with that you are related and should have an "in" to make a deal happen.
A year ago I found out about a young guy who stumbled upon what he thought was a '70 Mach 1. Turns out that it was a Boss 302. A friend of a friend knew about it and knew that I was into those cars. I contacted the guy and he was pretty stoked about putting it back together. He said that he was not really interested in selling the car so I did not push it. I offered my help if he had any questions about the car; how it was equipped, where to find parts and opinions about how he should put it back together. He thought that he had a friend who was a body guy lined up to do all of that work. I would check in every few weeks or so to see how he was doing and, quite frankly, to see if he may change his mind about selling the car. I tried to setup a time just to see the thing and he did not come through. I let a month or so go by and wouldn't you know that he sold the thing (at least to his grandpa or so he said). He claimed that his body guy was not so into doing as much work on the car as the young guy wanted to have done. Also he was finding out how difficult and expensive some of the pieces are to come up with. The sad thing is that I was ready to double his money on what he paid for it which would have been a fair amount if the car was as he described. I still have that little voice in the back of my head as to whether he actually had a car (I never did get to see it) but then again some questions that he asked were good ones that are typical of what you would ask about if you did have the car in there in front of you.