PDA

View Full Version : Come look at Saturn and it's ring Saturday night the 22nd of March

Mr.Moontang
03-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Nancy and I went to this last year and it was really neat! It was cool to see Saturn and it's rings we also were able to view the Moon with their most powerfull telescope and it was so cool! We hope to see some of you there.

Cincinnati Astronomical Society presents Saturn night!
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
There is no more spectacular sight through a telescope than the ringed planet Saturn!
Learn what are the rings made of.
See the amazing images and get the latest news from the Cassini spacecraft in orbit around Saturn.
View Saturn through the Society?s telescopes!
(weather permitting)
No reservations needed.
Admission: $3.00, Children under 6 Free.

Driving InstructionsDirections to CAS Headquarters...

Take I-74 to Exit 11, Harrison Rybolt, turn South
From I-74 East Bound, turn right onto Rybolt Rd
From I-74 West Bound, turn left onto Harrison Ave, then turn right onto Rybolt Rd
Turn right (west) onto Wesselman Rd at the four way stop light, at the bottom of the hill
Turn left (west) onto Zion Hill Rd
Turn right (north-west) onto Zion Rd.
Follow Zion Rd, CAS is on your right before you reach the park entrance.

From the South West of Cincinnati, and the Ohio River:
Follow Brigetown Rd. West through Cleves.
After passing Dog Trot Rd.
Turn next Right onto Zion Rd.
Stay Right at fork in road.
Continue on Zion to CAS.

REDHOTGTGIRL
03-20-2008, 03:28 PM
That sounds cool, where is the the Cincinnati Astronomical Society located? I've heard they have one of the oldest telescopes in the country.

347sc
03-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Sweet!!!Just as long as its not the rings around uranus.:eek:

Mr.Moontang
03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
That sounds cool, where is the the Cincinnati Astronomical Society located? I've heard they have one of the oldest telescopes in the country.

They are in Cleves and they do have the oldest...

Holly
03-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Cincinnati Astronomical Society presents Saturn night!

:dork:

Sorry, but I've been dying to use that little guy. :lol:

Actually, it does sound kinda cool. :cool2:

Holly
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Did anybody see the moon last night? It was very bright, it lit up my bedroom like it was daytime!

I didn't know that Easter was always on the Sunday following the full moon in March. I heard that on the radio this morning. Learn something new every day.

We get to leave at 4pm today, paid until 5:30. WOOT!

Mr.Moontang
03-21-2008, 03:10 PM
The moon was awesome this morning on the way to work too.

REDHOTGTGIRL
03-21-2008, 06:23 PM
What time are you and Nancy headed out there Scott? Dinner plans or anything before/after?

Kelly Pelrine
03-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Damn i so would have been up for this if i was in town! One upon a time i was very into astronomy and was on my way to MIT. Somehow i ended up into cars :lol:

I just bought a telescope a few months ago & i have it set up but need to dial it in. I also got the converter to hook up my camera to it. I cant wait to take some killer photos with it! Guess i better get crackin hehe. Scott, do you know of any astronomy clubs in the area?

Mr.Moontang
03-22-2008, 11:26 PM
The CAS is the one that put the thing on tonight, really nice guys a little odd though.

Kelly Pelrine
03-22-2008, 11:29 PM
The CAS is the one that put the thing on tonight, really nice guys a little odd though.

Thanks i will have to check them out.

Black Horse
03-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I just bought a telescope a few months ago & i have it set up to look through at my neighbors. I also got the converter to hook up my camera to it. I cant wait to take some killer photos with it! Guess i better get crackin hehe.

PERV!

(Can I get copies?)

Kelly Pelrine
03-24-2008, 11:50 AM
PERV!

(Can I get copies?)

lol niiiiiiiiiiiice Dave :lol: