PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over

Steves LX
03-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Last night around 7:00 the wife and I were in the Mustang coming down the hill in Batavia on 32 from Eastgate and low and behold there's a State Trooper sitting at the bottom of the hill clocking. He pulls out behind me and pulls me over. His first comment to me was that he liked my car and it sounds good. He then asked how old I was and says I bet you have a lot of money tied up in this. Now 2 minutes later since he stopped me he says the reason I stopped you is it is illegal to have tinted covers over your front and rear plates. I repply with O.K. I will remove them. He then says I also clocked you 9 MPH over the speed limit 64 in a 55. I never hit the brakes I was actually coasting down the hill. He says I am just going to give you warnings for that. But then he says I am going to write you a citation for not wearing your safety restraint properly. I have a cage in the car and all I had on was the lap belt. He say if you modify your safety retraint system it must be worn as it was intended to be. So for all of you out there that have only harness and no normal seat belts beware in Ohio that the whole system must be worn. I wear my seatbelt religously in any vehicle no matter where I go. I just thinkl it looks gay driving down the street with a 4 point harness on. Thats why I only wear the lap belt. But hey I guesas it could have been worse. If you do research on the harness systems sold by all your performance stores they are not even DOT approved which makes no damn sense. When he comes back up to the car he wants to kn ow how fast it is and this that and the other. I guess all in all he was pretty cool but I think if I would have been in my F150 or the wifes mini van under the same circumstances he wouldn't of even bothered pulling me over. I think he profiled the car and why does it matter how old I am?

Pitviper1996
03-23-2008, 12:57 PM
fight it hell you had the damn thing on and if you plea no contest they arent going to go into frizzy details.

95turbocharged
03-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I was out there yesterday, I just passed that cop going the other direction towards 275 I seen you and was doing the old flash your lights thing I wasnt sure if you seen the lights or not, I guess you didnt, me and madmod were on our way back from transman's. that cop was standing out side his car with old tursty gun clocking people.

dedpedal
03-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Thats why I still have the factory belts in the car. I agree that wearing the full harness looks like rice, but what protection is just the lap belt going to give you in the event of an accident? Besides, wearing the full harness is about as comfortable as hemmoroids on a hot leather seat.

Holly
03-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Last night around 7:00 the wife and I were in the Mustang coming down the hill in Batavia on 32 from Eastgate and low and behold there's a State Trooper sitting at the bottom of the hill clocking.

That's the SAME place I got my last speeding ticket (3 years ago). I was going 66 in a 55. :rolleyes: I had my 76 year old mother with me, my sister, and my two nieces, I was going down the hill, and he was sitting at the bottom. I was not intentionally speeding. Cost me $105. :mad:

thecollector
03-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I got stopped on the way from C-bus to Cincy pulling a Mach I. Trooper pulled me over north of Kings Island and harrassed me about the window tint on the truck, guaged it and said it was 88%. The law is 50%. He asked me about the cars legitimacy briefly-title work bill of sale, then Buxxshitted with me for 30 min. on the side of the road. He was actually pretty cool. A lot of people believe that all cops are dicks, and I am sure their are tons of Horror stories, but suprisinly some cops are car guys who wear badges. He gave me no ticket for the windows,my speed, or lack of front license plate, or lack of plates on the the trailer(I told him it was from the uncle in Kentucky). He just wanted to make sure their wasn't a mustang passing by him that was hotter than it looked. If you ask me that is good police work.

bestracing
03-25-2008, 09:59 AM
I got stopped on the way from C-bus to Cincy pulling a Mach I. Trooper pulled me over north of Kings Island and harrassed me about the window tint on the truck, guaged it and said it was 88%. The law is 50%. He asked me about the cars legitimacy briefly-title work bill of sale, then Buxxshitted with me for 30 min. on the side of the road. He was actually pretty cool. A lot of people believe that all cops are dicks, and I am sure their are tons of Horror stories, but suprisinly some cops are car guys who wear badges. He gave me no ticket for the windows,my speed, or lack of front license plate, or lack of plates on the the trailer(I told him it was from the uncle in Kentucky). He just wanted to make sure their wasn't a mustang passing by him that was hotter than it looked. If you ask me that is good police work.
:agree: