PDA

View Full Version : Wii

jaystang44
03-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Just got a Wii about two days ago my girlfriend wanted one really bad so I split it with her...I wnat a 360 but she'll actually play this so we git one. Funny game and definintly different wii sports is fun, it just a litle too easy for me and I was woundering if any of you have one and metal of honor hero 2....

I wanted to see how the online gaming is and wanted to get your guys opinions first

I like the system, wish it played DVDs, but its fun just need to get some more challenging games for my self...I normally play COD 4 at my buddys on 360 online and LOVE that game cant really find anything else like it either

bobtsgt
03-24-2008, 04:07 PM
we love ours. sometimes you get pissed cause the controller gets real touchy. Mostly when you play an accuracy game like Brunswick Bowling. Other then that its fun and gets you moving. Plus you can play Gamecube games as well and download old skool nintendo and SNES games to the system online.

1badasp
03-24-2008, 04:12 PM
My girlfriends daughter had one and I had the 360. The wii to me was more geared to kids and its great for kids, but fun to play with them. It depends on what you want. I didnt see many games for the wii that was the way that you want them, though.

For me, the 360 was the way to go over the wii. I love the xbox 360 but have thought about selling that to get a playstation 3. I need to try out the online gaming and then i'll make up my mind

jaystang44
03-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Ill let you know how metal of honor 2 online on the Wii is, is seems like we like both the same type of games 1badasp....

I also though about geting a PS3 it seems they have less problems with their consoles breaking down but 360 and its xbox live you just cant beat.....I play my brothers PSP and play soc com online and there are soooooo many hackers on there it just makes it no fun...on 360 you cant hack or they'll kick you so I would pay for it just for that...I mainly like to play online thats about it maybe single player evey once and a while but online is the way I go and xbox live IMO is awsome....So are there alot of hackers on PS3 online???anybody?

facemelter71
03-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Yea i play socom3 online almost everyday,and there is alot of glitchers online to contend with.But,they do alot of patches to game online so you cant glitch so much.But some one always finds a way.Xbox live you cant glitch on,they will boot you in a heart beat.If any one plays socom online,get ahold of me.DR.FACEMELTER is the name.

jaystang44
03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Yea i play socom3 online almost everyday,and there is alot of glitchers online to contend with.But,they do alot of patches to game online so you cant glitch so much.But some one always finds a way.Xbox live you cant glitch on,they will boot you in a heart beat.If any one plays socom online,get ahold of me.DR.FACEMELTER is the name.

What do you play on though???? I play on PSP ever once and a while and yea I downloaded the patch and about a week later hackin all over again you cant fix it enless ppl start getting booted

facemelter71
03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
See,on Socom since Zipper's server's are not that big.They cant catch all the glitchers.If they do get a glitcher,they dont ban the glitchers IP address cuz Zipper sucks,they will ban the disc that the player was using at that time.So once they ban the disc,you just head and buy another one and use a different login name and your good to go.Xbox will ban your IP addy from the server.

Slow9023
03-24-2008, 06:17 PM
I have owned a Wii since about October. Love every minute of it. I consider myself a fairly hardcore gamer, though I generally loath consoles. There has not been a moment I have held a wiimote (insert p/wii-nes jokes here) and not enjoyed it. Currently I am going through Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Galaxies. The best thing about these games is that while their have great depth (well, Galaxies anyways, not SSBB as I haven't played the story mode yet) they are very easy to pick up and put down. I have a hard time playing console games that require me to sit down for more than an hour to accomplish anything.

I've owned a 360 for about 8 months, and got rid of it. The thing just turned into a $400 DVD player (I won one when it was launched and the release titles for it mostly sucked). The PS3 I plan on getting once I get enough money saved up (prolly from the tax relief check), though the titles don't interest me that much anyways. Blue Ray isn't a concern as I have an Apple TV at the house and more wiring than a Civic with 15 subs.

Nintendo is starting to win people back with their formula of "Hey, let's make things fun" instead of the nex-gen "This has pretty graphics, buy it". Glad I'm a PC gamer where I get a wide variety of both. :-)

...And just to cause a riot, COD4 sucked royal poo.

jaystang44
03-24-2008, 07:08 PM
I love COD4 online ur crazy...you cant call your self a gamer enless you like that game your nutz :screwy:

Slow9023
03-24-2008, 09:55 PM
AI that has the intelligence of a grapefruit. Endless spawning enemies. A storyline that could have been predicted by Nostradamus.

Oh, multiplayer. Where skill requires pressing a button until things die...or you run out of bullets. Or maps that provide no great positions for support classes. Shooting through walls blindly. Regen health by shitting your pants in the corner for a few minutes.

The whole thing seems like they pulled the original CS dev team and told them to make a new game.

Jeepman1991
03-24-2008, 11:46 PM
I hate the Wii. It gets old really quick. Thanks God I didnt buy one with all the hype about them. I have had my brothers for about a month. My kids played it some for the first week, now it just sits. Nobody cares. It sat at my brothers house collecting dust before that. The most fun I had was making a Mii of myself.

I like to sit on my lazy ass and play video games, just me I guess. I would take my PS3 and day over a Wii..

The Tigers Woods golf is the only game that peaked my interest at all.

Maximus
03-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I hate the Wii. It gets old really quick. Thanks God I didnt buy one with all the hype about them. I have had my brothers for about a month. My kids played it some for the first week, now it just sits. Nobody cares. It sat at my brothers house collecting dust before that. The most fun I had was making a Mii of myself.

I like to sit on my lazy ass and play video games, just me I guess. I would take my PS3 and day over a Wii..

The Tigers Woods golf is the only game that peaked my interest at all.

What does he want for it?

Jeepman1991
03-25-2008, 12:45 AM
A ton probably. He has about 12 games, rechargeable controllers.

I can check if he wants to sell it.

jaystang44
03-25-2008, 08:28 AM
AI that has the intelligence of a grapefruit. Endless spawning enemies. A storyline that could have been predicted by Nostradamus.

Oh, multiplayer. Where skill requires pressing a button until things die...or you run out of bullets. Or maps that provide no great positions for support classes. Shooting through walls blindly. Regen health by shitting your pants in the corner for a few minutes.

The whole thing seems like they pulled the original CS dev team and told them to make a new game.

Personaly ive never played the single player but online Ive played a lot.....the only thing I play is hardcore which is pretty much 1 shot kills and if not you dont recharge health. If you play with ppl you know in a party it better from the tactical side of thing when you all have mic......IMO it has been the best online multiplay ive played....but thats my .02