PDA

View Full Version : Moving out...

VuNiT3
03-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Well after 23 years of living with the parents, it is time to leave the nest. Matt and I got an apartment finally, we move on April 5th. The only furniture we had was our bedroom furniture, spare bedroom furniture, and a desk for the computer. I had been online shopping for days and couldn't seem to part with $1000 + for living room furniture. So, I got off work yesterday and went into Cheap Beds and Furniture by my house. I bought a sofa, loveseat, dining table and 4 chairs for $800!! I was so excited, now it won't look like such a bachelor pad. :lol:

Now all we need is a washer and dryer, and we will be set. If anyone happens to come across a cheap set anywhere, let me know.

BTW, what does everyone have planned on April 5th??? I will be working so I can't help Matt move. If anyone could help him move that day, I will pay with beer and food;) We don't have a whole lot of stuff, but Matt won't be able to do it all by himself, and I don't want him to hurt himself trying. Thanks everyone!!

facemelter71
03-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I have a set at my dads.If you need it,REALLY NEED IT,then he would be happy to give it to you.

bobtsgt
03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
congrats!! I would love to help but I'll still be in Florida :D

VuNiT3
03-25-2008, 09:33 AM
I have a set at my dads.If you need it,REALLY NEED IT,then he would be happy to give it to you.

Thanks, I will let you know if we don't end up buying a set. I just don't want to have to sell my organs on the Black Market to move out.

Holly
03-25-2008, 09:35 AM
BTW, what does everyone have planned on April 5th??? I will be working so I can't help Matt move. If anyone could help him move that day

I will be there to help!

jaystang44
03-25-2008, 09:39 AM
I dont know how good they are but you can always find free washer and driers on criages list.....last option if you have to

bobtsgt
03-25-2008, 09:41 AM
plus you can buy parts for home washer and dryers from Pearsol on Gilbert Ave. They are not that expensive to fix.

cobrajoe
03-25-2008, 10:03 AM
There's a girl selling a set at work I'll grab her number tonight! (sorry I'm a night crawler!:o)

VuNiT3
03-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Cool thanks!

Silver Bullet
03-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Congrats on getting your own place. Trust me you will LOVE it!

Kelly Pelrine
03-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Congrats on getting your own place. Trust me you will LOVE it!

Ditto congrats you two!

89notch
03-25-2008, 12:04 PM
let me see what i have going on that weekend. If i dont have anything to do i will round up some guys and head down with the truck and trailer.

plated
03-25-2008, 12:22 PM
we have a washer you all can have,the house had one when we moved in,it's all yours if you wanna pick it up.congrads

Waffles
03-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Well after 23 years of living with the parents, it is time to leave the nest. Matt and I got an apartment finally, we move on April 5th. The only furniture we had was our bedroom furniture, spare bedroom furniture, and a desk for the computer. I had been online shopping for days and couldn't seem to part with $1000 + for living room furniture. So, I got off work yesterday and went into Cheap Beds and Furniture by my house. I bought a sofa, loveseat, dining table and 4 chairs for $800!! I was so excited, now it won't look like such a bachelor pad. :lol:

Now all we need is a washer and dryer, and we will be set. If anyone happens to come across a cheap set anywhere, let me know.

BTW, what does everyone have planned on April 5th??? I will be working so I can't help Matt move. If anyone could help him move that day, I will pay with beer and food;) We don't have a whole lot of stuff, but Matt won't be able to do it all by himself, and I don't want him to hurt himself trying. Thanks everyone!!

Thorn Hill opens the 5th. Sounds like a moving party that will convean at the races! :)

VuNiT3
03-25-2008, 12:37 PM
we have a washer you all can have,the house had one when we moved in,it's all yours if you wanna pick it up.congrads

Really? Are you sure you don't want anything for it? Thanks! When would you like to rid yourself of the washer? We can come get it anytime that is convenient for you.

Carl
03-25-2008, 01:31 PM
YAY for you two. Thats awesome. Having a place all to yourselves is gonna great. I will have to come check out the pad next time I'm in town.

REDHOTGTGIRL
03-25-2008, 02:24 PM
That is great! Congrats you two! My sister just moved out in February and she is loving it. She didn't have much furniture either, so she had to buy stuff for her living room. She got a small loveseat, armchair and coffee table from IKEA for $280. I couldn't believe it! I actually lived at home until the day I got married and then moved into AJ's house. Of course I would spend weekends there a lot of times, but never had my own place. Fortunately I did go away to college, so I at least had that experience. I'm sure you guys are gonna love being on your own. Good luck and have fun!

ponymom05
03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Heard you're moving to the third floor in Jayne's building. true?

VuNiT3
03-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes it is. I believe we are exactly above her on the third floor. I can't wait!!

dedpedal
03-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Congrats to yall. I can get a furniture dolly if you think you could use it. Lets go drink a beer! On the washer and dryer, Amy got ours at Loews in the scratch and dent dept. It was a 400 dollar washer and we got it for under 200. Like who cares if it has a small dent in it anyways? Its not like youre going to be showing it off like you would a new car. " And you just HAVE to see the washer and dryer, they match and I spent way more than I should have, but I get to brag to my friends about it now." Do people really do that?

PonymanfiveO
03-25-2008, 10:50 PM
finally a place to hang the sex swing. :lol:

just kidding. :rolleyes:

Foxxx5oh
03-25-2008, 11:38 PM
congrats! im goin the opposite way and moving back in with my dad for the time being...lol...this is gonna be a loooong weekend...hopefully i can get it less than 3 trips...LOL

ponymom05
03-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Congrats Matt & Jen. Do you have small kitchen stuff? I have a set of flatware, brand new canisters, some other things that were to go to a yard sale. Call me if you want. FYI, the washer and dryer have to be under a certain size to fit in the closet. If larger, they will work, you just have to remove the folding doors. Jayne can tell you all the ins and outs of living there, she's lived there twice. You should call her sometime????