PDA

View Full Version : Tranny making strange noise

somedude56
03-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Im coming off of the highway last night and I can feel my clutch cable starting to feel like is getting a little loser (brand new clutch cable... streching??). So I get off the highway and its geting a little hard to put in gear and when I push the clutch in hear a strange almost whining noise so I only used it to get into gear at stop lights and shift w.o the clutch from there.

I get the car home and park it and fire it up, when I do i push the clutch in and that same whining noise is back and is a little louder, a second goes by then it starts w.o doing anything. The noise is almost like a whining sound mixed with like the twang of stretching or whipping a steel cable (best way I can describe it, lol). Now the car runs through the gears smooth as hell with the car off and didnt grind once on the way home shifting w.o the clutch.

My question is is there any chance that the clutch cable did stretch and somehow cause a bind or a problem in the clutch. Does anyone know what this is?

Mista Bone
03-26-2008, 02:07 AM
How old is the clutch disc?

This same thing happens on Honda B series (sorry, my only reference) when a spring comes loose in the center of the disc. Quite common on Integras after 60k miles.

The other more Ford knowledged people should chime in soon.

somedude56
03-26-2008, 04:30 AM
How old is the clutch disc?

This same thing happens on Honda B series (sorry, my only reference) when a spring comes loose in the center of the disc. Quite common on Integras after 60k miles.

The other more Ford knowledged people should chime in soon.

lol, I just sold my b16/nitrous crx not even two weeks ago.