PDA

View Full Version : STEEDA50

Flaming87lx
03-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Give me your opinion guys, this is what I posted on his ad after being called a lowballer!

TO MAKE THIS PUBLIC NOW.
1. You had NO price
2. You said make an offer
3. I told you I didn't know what they were worth
4. I offered $20 (not having any idea how much you wanted for them)
5. You pm'ed back you would do $150 shipped
6. I said "no thanks" (politely)
7. You pm'ed back "no hard feelings but you would take $125 for them and you felt $20 was a low ball."
8. I pm'ed back "sorry if I offended you" I told you I didn't know what they were worth!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's the deal- If someone says they don't know what something is worth, than they are looking to YOU to help guide them toward a price to see if they are even interested!
If you would have had them listed for $150, then I would have known that $150 was more than I wanted to spend for a backseat and I would not have contacted you to begin with!
In my opinion a "LOWBALLER" is someone who sees an ad that has something advertised WITH A PRICE and offers to buy it at a far less amount than the asking price!
I do take offense to being called a lowballer!
I've bought and sold parts on here for a long time and never had a problem with anyone, but this is crap!!!!
Price you stuff and if someone offers you something ridiculously low then post no lowballers!!!
If you tell a person to make an offer then be prepared to deal with the fact that they may not offer you what you are looking to get, especially if they have no idea how much you are wanting for them!
Why would anyone just up and offer a huge amount of money for something that 1. they have never seen! 2. They don't know if it's something someone wants just to get out of the way or if it's someone's pride and joy that is worth something to them!
SO YOU LISTEN ! I DID NOT INTENTIONALLY LOW BALL YOU!!!!!!! YOU GAVE ME NO CHOICE BUT TO OFFER SOMETHING TO GET THE DEAL STARTED! AGAIN, I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE WORTH! SO DON'T TRY TO RUIN MY REP ON THIS WEBSITE, WHEN IF YOU WOULD HAVE JUST PRICED YOUR STUFF, WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SITUATION!!!!!!

jaystang44
03-27-2008, 11:15 AM
I agree man about ppl need to post a price exspecially if there going to critizise someone for an offer they make but I wouldnt get so upset about someone calling you a lowballer its really not that big of a deal and im sure everyone on this site has lowballed or at least tried to lowball someone thats the part of negotiation so dont take that so personally its not that big of a deal and im sure it wont "ruin your rep on the site"....at least in my eyes....I personaly could give two shits if I was selling something for $200 and you offered $5 as long as I wont get a whole bunch of offers like that all the time over and over again and you wont get pissed or pissy when I said thats a big fat NO.....Id say just drop it and move on dont get all worked up about nothing

but on the other hand i do understand where your coming from sorry it happened but cant change things now :dunno:

347sc
03-27-2008, 11:20 AM
You didnt lowball me. Great guy to deal with in my book! Good luck.

Flaming87lx
03-27-2008, 04:45 PM
:lol:Thanks Guys, I've had great dealings with everyone. Until now! lol