PDA

View Full Version : Tranny prob???? HELP????

johncraddock445
03-27-2008, 11:37 PM
i let my buddy drive my 86' (5 speed)the other day...(not smart).... i was letting him play around a little bit.... he launched from a stop...after blowing the tires off through 1st and 2nd... while going to 3rd... he jumped it back into 1st!!!!! :mad: i made him stop the car right away and i got into the drivers seat.... i didnt really have much pressure at all on my clucth even after pumping it a few times....but i do beleive there is enough there to get the car into gear... and i cant get the car to go in gear AT ALL??? what the hells is going on....? i havent really gotten a chance to take a look at it... any idea's what should i start checking 1st...?

Mista Bone
03-28-2008, 02:14 AM
from my knowledge (Honda) popped a clutch disc spring.

I'll let the others chime in though.

While it go into gear and shift FINE with the motor off?

plated
03-28-2008, 05:57 AM
bent shift fork or your cable or stock quadrant is junk..

johncraddock445
03-28-2008, 05:59 PM
yes the car will shift fine while it's off.... but wihile running....i will push the clutch in all the way.... and try to put in it gear and the car will just kinda inch forword... w/ no grinding

99Slobra
03-28-2008, 06:23 PM
so will it actually go all the way into the gates or does it stop and feel like you are hitting something and THEN the car starts moving..

johncraddock445
03-28-2008, 10:36 PM
like i am hitting something then the car starts moving...?

99Slobra
03-29-2008, 01:42 AM
if you're lucky then you either broke your clutch cable or it popped loose.

You said there is NO pressure to the pedal at all? With the car off and it in gear does the car move?

johncraddock445
03-29-2008, 04:52 AM
no the car will not move while off and in gear... and yes there is pressure.... i am going to check out the clutch linkage tom... and if im lucky i may have something to do with that... but i have a pretty good idea... its something to do with the pressure plate