PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard about Creative Labs yet?

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-31-2008, 03:01 PM
As taken from another site:

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...read.id=116332

90 pages of people complaining

Cliff Notes - A guy named Daniel_K used existing Creative Labs drivers and modified them to work on Vista as Creative Labs has (what appears to be) intentionally crippled older sound cards, forcing people to purchase new ones for Vista. Even cards that claimed "Vista Ready" truly did not work on Vista. Everyone on the forums was ranting and raving about Daniel_K's drivers as they actually worked, then Creative Labs threatened to sue him.

Black Horse
03-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Vista sucks....

Now apparently they have some suckage assistance?

Link no worky, don't have top secret clearance or something.

cobrajoe
03-31-2008, 04:01 PM
IT's a X-File
only Mulder or Scully can read it, Or the smoking man:smokin:
:lol::lol:

Walter
03-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Vista does not seem to be taking off as fast as some would think. I ordered a new laptop through work (ie not mine personally, but for work use) and it had the little sticker on there "Microsoft Vista" but XP was loaded on it. This unit was brand spanking new. I guess most of the programs we use through work are not compatible with Vista.

Silver Bullet
03-31-2008, 05:59 PM
Vista sucks....

Now apparently they have some suckage assistance?

Link no worky, don't have top secret clearance or something.

I have Vista for a year now and have had no problems...:confused:

HRSEPWR
03-31-2008, 06:29 PM

Just bought a computer two weeks ago, had vista on it for one day, then immediately loaded XP... XP was 10 times faster, I hate Vista. :mad:

jdubya
03-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Vista just isn't ready yet. Even after loading SP1 I still have problem with my work Laptop. I've been testing it for about 6 months and there is no way our company will ever switch to it. We'll wait for the next version. Vista is to Xp what Windows ME was to Windows 98.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Here's the link http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=116332

Basically Creative has just made a huge screw up and being the top sound card maker they've really screwed a LOT of people.

mach_u
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Vista just isn't ready yet. Even after loading SP1 I still have problem with my work Laptop. I've been testing it for about 6 months and there is no way our company will ever switch to it. We'll wait for the next version. Vista is to Xp what Windows ME was to Windows 98.
:agree: I am not a fan of Vista at all. We have recommended to every one of our clients that they stick with XP and those that have insisted, have not been happy with their decision. As for Creative Labs, that does suck that they would do that. I know one thing though - I absolutely LOVE my Creative Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty card. :bigthumb

Silver Bullet
03-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Ok, maybe I need to switch XP. So what is the best way to do it? How much will it cost? Will I lose what I have stored on here? I'm not the most computer savy...;)

Waffles
03-31-2008, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=Black Horse;362404]Vista sucks....QUOTE]

x2... that's all.

Black Horse
03-31-2008, 10:32 PM
One of the biggest problems with Vista is it is not backwards compatible with a lot of your current software/programs......probably to make you buy everything all over again.

Pops Fun
04-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Hi
I built a new machine a couple months ago dual processors etc. loaded vista fought for a week then loaded XP ...... I have vista on my lap top ..came on it not bad but maybe a little slower... so now I have 2 xp 3 xp machines and one vista??? Oh well!!

Creative... that sucks that they would screw there customers....

Steve

02mingryGT
04-01-2008, 08:17 AM

That's probably because your not running anything that is incompatible with it. Most of Vista's and Windows 95, 98, ME and XP's problems have been with second party software or something some jack ball downloaded off the internet. I'll probably wait for another year to get Vista and by then all the second party software should be compliant.

I blame Microsoft for not being more open about their code which would allow the second parties the ability to make a more compatible product.

mach_u
04-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Ok, maybe I need to switch XP. So what is the best way to do it? How much will it cost? Will I lose what I have stored on here? I'm not the most computer savy...;)
You would have to wipe out the current operating system and it just depends on the manufacturer and whether or not they have drivers/software compatible with XP. You may want to check with the manufacture first. If so, you would just need to pick up a copy of XP, backup your files and go from there. Cost would run you $85-$140 for the software depending on whether you went with XP Home or Pro.

Carl
04-01-2008, 11:01 PM
I was totally against Vista until I got my new laptop. It has Vista Home Premium on it, I did upgrade to 2GB of RAM and I haven't had any problems yet either.
I read almost 40+ pages of the thread on CL's forums...wow...totally uncalled for on their part.

But on a more intersting note...anybody noticed that the CL stock has dropped since this came about?!

Mista Bone
04-02-2008, 01:19 AM
took me forever to convert to XP Home from Win98SE, you think I'm gonna try Vista?

I'll own a Mustang before that!