PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear

Paul408Notch
03-31-2008, 09:29 PM
So Top Gear is by far, the best show on tv. Every Monday night I turn it on, and proceed to be amazed by the cars they drive, and I end up having tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard at the stuff they say/do. The entire reason I have the cable package I do is to get BBC America to watch Top Gear.

Some people may not be able to take the super-dry British sense of humor, or the jabs they regularly take at Americans/American cars, but when you can laugh at that, you'll love the show. It comes on every Monday night at 8PM, and there are repeats all night.

I give it 5 of 5 smug British guys.

Timido
03-31-2008, 09:37 PM
They had me crying when they bought cars in Miami and drove to New Orleans. Crazy Britts lucky they didnt get killed by the rednecks

ford guy
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
That show is awesome!

been a huge fan since i found my first one on youtube

the camera angles are crazy and the sound is just simply amazing

yeah the anti american stuff gets lame but most of the time its just observations really (Jeremy Clarkson is the only one who does it)

its great how they just manhandle the cars

Josh (TheStig;)

Evil_Capri
03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Agreed! Love it! If I could only watch one show on TV it would be Top Gear.

NBC has purchased the rights for a US version (Discovery did a couple years ago as well, if I remember correctly), and Jay Leno has already stated it won't be as good and he has declined to host.

quik lx
04-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Me and the wife never miss it.....Motor home racing rocks!!!!!

Black92LX
04-01-2008, 08:49 AM
hands down the greatest show.

I do miss my cable on monday nights. But it was the only show I watched on cable and it was on the highest tier our cable provides. So it would cost me $75 a month to watch 4 episodes.I figure I would save that and bank it if they ever decide to put it on DVD.

INSANEBA
04-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I watched it lastnight. Simon Cowell was on there, who knew the Brit Bitch could drive lol! He actually made it back to the top of the "home track" time list again. They also drove the worlds first "street legal" indy car. I WANT ONE!!! Does anyone remember the show speed use to air called 5th gear? It was a U.S. version of it, and was actually pretty good. Not as good as top gear, but good none the less....

KenB
04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
One of my favorite shows. When they came to the US, that was hilarious. The US bashing gets a bit old at times but I take it in good fun.

Ken

2-8-1
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
The US Bashing? I can't believe they are still butthurt about some way over 200 years ago.

lol, Top Gear is an outstanding show, I want to punch Jeremy Clarkson sometimes, but who doesn't?

04 Venom
04-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Clarkson is hilarious.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Good show but they are a bit jaded and biased. They love to crack jokes about solid axle cars.

Paul408Notch
04-03-2008, 06:00 AM
Good show but they are a bit jaded and biased. They love to crack jokes about solid axle cars.

Yep, that sounds like the British to me.

And of course they crack jokes on solid axle cars, they're good for racing, and being cheap. That's about it. :lol:

IWRBB
04-03-2008, 11:04 AM
The BBC America episodes are cut versions of the original shows.

Go to Finalgear.com, click on shows, Top Gear, and you'll see all the full episodes and links to the torrents to DL them.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah it's tough to appreciate a GT500 after you just got out of a Bugatti Veyron.

Slow9023
04-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I really don't get much chance to watch them, but when I do I usually love them. They are the ones that got me hooked on the Focus ST, which I'm still determined to get one here in the states (one day!).

They did kind of lose me when the had the Mustang vs Mustang (horse) race. Talking about the mustang having the 3v V8 300hp when the one they were showing around the track was a V6.

Mike
04-07-2008, 01:49 PM
My favorite show. Just like you, I DVR it every Monday. I love it.