PDA

View Full Version : Sick of being sick!

Holly
04-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Damn it! I woke up today feeling weird, was driving into work and got dizzy, I already had a headache, then I realized my throat was sore, my glands are swollen, running a fever (I am freezing), and I can barely talk (scratchy voice). I'm about 95% sure I have strep throat, again! I just had it during the Pinks premiere and was in bed for 2 days afterwards!

Doctor appointment this afternoon, antibiotics, and then home to bed for 24 hours. This sucks. Glad I have a lot of vacation time, but I was hoping to use it for long weekends around the pool, not sick days! :mad:

I'm scared to go to the doc today, I'm afraid they are going to mention taking out my tonsils. I don't want that!

Did anybody get the flu this year? I would rather have strep than the flu, at least I can get rid of strep (contagious) in 24 hours and start feeling better.

END OF RANT, I am just aggravated!

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I hear you Holly! I used to get strep all the time and I was absolutely miserable. Fortunately I haven't it as much lately. I have had my fair share of illness already this year...I had the head/chest cold flu that wiped me out for at least week. I missed 2 days of work with it and muddled through the rest. Then a week later I got the stomach flu and that took me out for another day. I hated using that much time so early in the year, but what can you do. I've been feeling mostly okay since, but allergies and sinuses pop up once in a while and I'm hoping I don't get hit with that too bad once spring is in full force.

But, I feel your pain and it totally sucks being sick, especially that much. I hope you get the rest you need and are back on your feet soon.

PonymanfiveO
04-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I got a cold for the third time this winter....I am pissed. :(
Working 12 hours straight today without a lunch didnt make me feel any better.

Fuck Cincinnati weather. Im this close to moving south, or west. I cant take being sick for 4 months out of the year. :(

PonymanfiveO
04-01-2008, 09:09 PM
hope you feel better Hollina. ;)

347sc
04-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Ive been sick so much this year. Hope you get better quick Holly

NXcoupe
04-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Hope you feel better! I had strep constantly it seemed like, then I had my tonsils removed a few years back and haven't had it since! Get better, and take some time to rest.

Mista Bone
04-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Since I've been unemployed/self employed for the past 3.5 years, I don't get sick.

untamed
04-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Since I've been unemployed/self employed for the past 3.5 years, I don't get sick.

There is your answer Holly, Quit your job and you won't get sick anymore. :D

1slow5.O
04-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah for some reason I've been sick alot this year too, which is odd bc i literally NEVER get sick... I thought the same thing too that they were going to take my tonsils out (which the hell with that) Luckily though i got a shit load of antibiotics and (my mom is on this big herbal kick) So she gave all these damn Fish oil pills? all kinds of weird stuff really but it worked and i got better then ever in like 2 days.

Sinus Infections are the bitch, Watch out for those

Hope ya feel better

may93
04-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I got a flu shot and still caught the flu. Mista Bone its good that you dont get sick while your self employed. One hospital stay could put you out of buisness.

BigBadStang
04-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Holly, I had gotten the flu about 4 weeks ago. Went to the Doc, and was treated. 1 day later, throat was feeling like it was on fire. Went back to Doc, and I now had Strep on top of the flu. Needless to say, I was VERY miserable, and VERY crabby...lol. Over it now, but...damn that was rough!
Hang in there!
Hope you feel better soon.

Xuzhu
04-02-2008, 01:04 PM
I had something at Christmas time, my throat was so ungodly swolen, it almost closed up. It hurt to eat, drink, talk, breathe even lol. Went to the doctor, wasn't strep, tested for mono, wasn't that either. They filled me full of steroids and something else, gave me antibiotics and some tylenol with codine, couple days later it was gone? Never found out exactly what that was, but it was hell.

And as of now I'm getting my glorious spring allergies/cold thing that I always get, I guess pink eye is in my very near future :(

Paul408Notch
04-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I got something back in December or January, decided to get my tonsils out in Feb (HORRIBLE experience, and I know how to take pain) and just came down with something else last week. I hardly ever get sick, so I don't know what the hell my deal is, but it's getting old. I'm not looking forward to allergy season at all this year, but now that Zyrtec is OTC, I think I'll do ok.

Jeepman1991
04-02-2008, 03:03 PM
I had a fever for 5 days of 103. Felt like absolute shit.

My wife brings home funky germs from the hospital she works at I think.

Finally went to the doc, I has bronchitis.

It sucked.

Holly
04-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Hope you feel better! I had strep constantly it seemed like, then I had my tonsils removed a few years back and haven't had it since! Get better, and take some time to rest.

I was right (AGAIN), it is strep throat. The gland on my left side is swollen up the size of a golfball (according to my doctor). I'm on 1500 mgs of amoxicillen a day, for 10 days, again! She said it's time to get my tonsils out, so she wants me to see an ENT after I get better. I don't want to do this, I am 41 years old, this is going to suck. She said to plan on a week off work, which right now, I don't have until June, so it will have to wait until then.

I went home Tuesday after my doctor appointment, and I have been in bed every since. Just got up this morning around 6am, I feel better, but not great. I did come back to work today though.

Yesterday was one of those days that I really wished I had somebody with me. When you are THAT sick, you just want somebody to bring you a drink, bring you some soup, just wait on you ..... stuff Vinny used to do for me when I was sick (and vice versa). I was missing him bad yesterday. I ended up taking an ambien and just sleeping the whole day away. Oh yeah, and a teaspoon of cough syrup with codeine helped me sleep too. ;)

There is your answer Holly, Quit your job and you won't get sick anymore. :D

That is not, and never will be, an option for me. Not as long as I have a house and a car payment. Living on the river in a box doesn't appeal to me. :lol: Maybe I'll hit the lottery someday..... :rolleyes:

VuNiT3
04-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Damn Holly, that sucks. I hope you feel better. I was told that if I got strep again, I would have to have my tonsils taken out too. Not looking forward to that at all. If you still don't feel good Saturday, you don't have to help us move, just get yourself better;)

Holly
04-03-2008, 10:27 AM
If you still don't feel good Saturday, you don't have to help us move, just get yourself better;)

Right now, I'm weak as a kitten. I'm hoping to be better by Saturday, I want to help you guys! I probably should have stayed home in bed today, I'm tired of everybody telling me I look like hell. :(

VuNiT3
04-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe you should see if you can leave early so you can go relax. Drink lots of fluids!!

Holly
04-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Maybe you should see if you can leave early so you can go relax. Drink lots of fluids!!

I can leave work whenever.... I have a doctor's excuse through tomorrow. ;) Not that I need one, I have been here long enough that they know I never call in sick , unless I have a doctor's excuse and I am REALLY sick. You can look at me and see that I am sick, I usually don't walk around with one side of my face swollen (damn swollen gland!). :lol:

BigBadStang
04-03-2008, 01:09 PM
...(damn swollen gland!). :lol:

Lol...I have a "swollen gland" most all the time! I think it's caused by the wind blowing or something. :D:lol:

Sorry, to make light of your being ill...hope you get well soon!

mustang8998
04-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Lol...I have a "swollen gland" most all the time! I think it's caused by the wind blowing or something. :D:lol:

Sorry, to make light of your being ill...hope you get well soon!

Thats just so wrong! :lol: