PDA

View Full Version : Tri-State 4-05

kennebellcobra
04-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I think they will be open Saturday T&T 2-6 Anyone going? Hopefully their 60' timer is working.

Timido
04-01-2008, 10:07 PM
If I can get the car in almost 1 piece we will see. I have alot going on this week.

12seclx
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm gonna play it safe and let everyone else be the
guinea pig..... If people are hookin' on Saturday...

I thought about going on Sunday.... track should be
prepped a little better that day too....

After E20 last weekend, I'll never gamble like that again...

Good Luck to all that go... Hopefully they haven't grinded
the surface like E20 did... making your slicks look like
courduroy pants isn't cool.... :lol:

adragon72
04-02-2008, 07:57 AM
i plan on going, maybe i can get a little better tracktion than E20 last week. plus i need to burn my tires smooth again lol.

adam

Jeff88coupe
04-02-2008, 08:20 AM
I would definatly call the track first before you drive all the way there. If we get the amount of rain they are forcasting thursday-friday....the track maybe a mudpit again.

kennebellcobra
04-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I would definatly call the track first before you drive all the way there. If we get the amount of rain they are forcasting thursday-friday....the track maybe a mudpit again.

I will definatly call first. I heard that the actual track was never under water just everything else so maybe it will be decent:dunno:

banginstang07
04-02-2008, 10:54 PM
i' going to try and make it we'll see what the weather brings

Steves LX
04-04-2008, 07:58 AM
I am defintely going down. I think Firestang70(Dale) is going down also. 12SecLX (Curt) is going to the dyno tomorrow morning at Craigs but he says he might drop in afterwards. I hope they open after all the rain last night and today. I know last week all day Friday they said they would be open and then at the last minute I called in the late afternoon and they said no they weren't going to run.

adragon72
04-04-2008, 01:32 PM
i think i will go by there on my way home and take a look. i hope to meet up with some of you.

adam

kennebellcobra
04-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I called today and they will be open but said there is some mud but most is roped off...I also asked if they did any grinding on the track and they said no...track is fine.

80 hate
04-04-2008, 04:35 PM
I think Im going. Need to see if all the stuff I did this winter was worth it.

12seclx
04-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Good deal they have the mud roped off.... and that they didn't grind the track... I think it'll be decent... I may try and get up there after making some pulls.... :cool2:

djom1cincy
04-04-2008, 05:46 PM
I may try to make it if i'm not hung over on the couch.

craigels
04-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Thinking about it... maybe after I help Matt move some furniture.

Craig

Timido
04-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I didnt get my car back together and am not taking it tomorow. I will probably just work on the car tomorow after I sleep in from a long week.

kennebellcobra
04-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I didnt get my car back together and am not taking it tomorow. I will probably just work on the car tomorow after I sleep in from a long week.

You need me to come out tonight and pull an all nighter and help finish it:lol:

e5shea
04-05-2008, 12:14 AM
There's a couple Dayton guys coming down. Will anyone have quarter window stickers?

Timido
04-05-2008, 10:10 AM
You need me to come out tonight and pull an all nighter and help finish it:lol:

Nope I did an all nighter thursday, Stayed after work to pass my body shop quallify test got home at around 10pm built a transmission went to bed at 1:00am got up at 5 and went back to work. Last night I sleep for the week.

Black Horse
04-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I may swing by for a bit...need some photo practice! Smiles everyone!

shoman1997
04-05-2008, 07:59 PM
well who all was there today i went and met kennebelle cobra but did not recognize ne other cars i was n my dark gray silverado i know which one huh lol hopefully ill meet some of you guys soon its always a lil awkward walking up to a group of people you dont know huh lol :cool2:

ponymom05
04-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Tri-State sucked today. I had the worst day ever. The guy running the lanes needs to be shot. Enough said. I'm sure I'll feel better after a good night's sleep.

12seclx
04-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Tri-State sucked today. I had the worst day ever. The guy running the lanes needs to be shot. Enough said. I'm sure I'll feel better after a good night's sleep.

Sorry to hear that ponymom.... I was sort of aggravated on one pass when I pulled out to the water box that the guy in the other lane didn't start his burnout and when I got to the line, I looked at the starter like, "do I wait on him or just go?" so I just pulled on up....

That track is hillbilly but I pulled my best 60' today.. :rolleyes:

and ran my best ET.... 12.07 @ 111.05 mph... (1.65 sixty)....
then, ran it warm..... 12.08 @ 110.91mph..... (1.61 sixty)....

I'm an official member of the 12.0x duh! club... :bigthumb________:lol:

banginstang07
04-05-2008, 11:55 PM
i was there not my best runs ever but i only got 3 runs in due to all the freaking delays

Steves LX
04-06-2008, 02:39 AM
I wasn't happy with my times at all today. Best time today was a 12.94@103 with a 1.73 60FT. I am not real happy with the whole slicks deal. Everybody telling me I should pick up 3-5 tenths running on slicks. I ran Nitto drag radials last year pulling 1.80's and 1.90 60ft's and ran 12.80's and 12.90's. My slicks are the same height as the DR's were. Who knows maybe the car isn't as tight as it was last year. I give up.:mad:

kennebellcobra
04-06-2008, 08:26 AM
I wasn't happy with my times at all today. Best time today was a 12.94@103 with a 1.73 60FT. I am not real happy with the whole slicks deal. Everybody telling me I should pick up 3-5 tenths running on slicks. I ran Nitto drag radials last year pulling 1.80's and 1.90 60ft's and ran 12.80's and 12.90's. My slicks are the same height as the DR's were. Who knows maybe the car isn't as tight as it was last year. I give up.:mad:

I feel your pain:(I went from runnning a 10.22@131 last weekend on a real safe tune to a 10.34@132 on my higher tune. The air was'nt good yesterday and I could not get my car to leave worth a crap. Yesterday I was ready to throw in the towel but today I'm thinking about changing a few things. I thought auto's were easier to launch:confused: It's a love/hate game:rolleyes:

12seclx
04-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I feel your pain:(I went from runnning a 10.22@131 last weekend on a real safe tune to a 10.34@132 on my higher tune. The air was'nt good yesterday and I could not get my car to leave worth a crap. Yesterday I was ready to throw in the towel but today I'm thinking about changing a few things. I thought auto's were easier to launch:confused: It's a love/hate game:rolleyes:

I'm hoping you are right man.... My car was strugglin' to pull 111mph yesterday and the weekend before I pedal'd it off the line and went 112.29mph....

I changed 3-4 things over Winter and I'm not real happy with my times but I've got to dial the car in all over again... I guess I just thought I could start at the same shock settings/rpm shift point and have good luck...

Hang in there, the tracks still need to come around..... ;)

Qtr milerocket
04-06-2008, 09:48 AM
My car was strugglin' to pull 111mph yesterday and the weekend before I pedal'd it off the line and went 112.29mph....
Last weekend had awesome conditions for racing as the D/A was in the negative zone at both Kilkare and Edgewater with Edgewater being several hundred feet lower. Yesterday it was well over a 1,000' higher D/A explaining your mph loss what et's were you turning last week?

Peace :cool2:

James

craigels
04-06-2008, 10:38 AM
That track wasn't the greatest yesterday... I was between 1-2 tenths off on the few passes I made and the short time wasn't as good as it usually was.

As usual track cleanup took forever... lots of downtime yesterday and they were running the lanes real slow.

There was a guy running in the left lane, engine knocking like crazy at the starting line, spectators yelling to the starter/track crew to shut him down before he made the pass... pleas were ignored and the car shit all over itself and the track from the 330 to the 1320... mom was in the burnout out box behind him, so we backed her out and back into the staging lanes so she could run the right lane, a simple request that anyone in that situation would have made. The guy running the lanes was an ass and said "she's running the left lane, I have to keep it even..." He was an overall asshole about it and we exchanged words.

Mom goes through with the pass in the left lane... gets to the 330 mark spins and wiggles and shuts the pass down, which was exactly what we thought would happen... she did handle it very well and kept the car out of the wall. After she ran, they ran the slick tire cars... three more of which did the same thing mom did. Then another car oiled down right lane when SteveLX was in the box... sure enough they let him back out and into the left lane, so much for keeping it even!

It was ridiculous and for people who are there pretty much every weekend when there isn't a UMTR race during the summer to get treated like that was a bit over the line... if Thornhill runs 1/4 mile next weekend, I'll go there...and for me to say that means a lot. Tristate won't be getting my $$ for a while.

Craig

ponymom05
04-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Yeah it was nerve wracking (sp) not knowing what I was driving into. Tried to tell him I was not experienced enough to be the first one down that lane. If I got out of the groove, I would put it into the wall. His response "The oil is at the only at big end" Fucking nice, so at 100 miles an hour I take my chances? I was so rattled that I couldn't do my burnout right, rolled though the beams - what an embarrassingly rookie mistake - and as soon as I felt it spinning, I shut down the run. I don't know if it was because of the oil or because of my nerves, but I guess I did the right thing not being sure. Why take a chance? I was beyond pissed at this point. All I asked for was the other lane. Then 3 or 4 runs later he let SteveLX do the lane switch due to an oildown. Good for Steve!! Can't help but feel this was another typical gender issue. I should have just got the gun from the truck and shot his balls off, then we could have talked gender!

But, sensibility took over, thank heaven, and all is well that ends well. No damage done, I'm not in jail, and the car is OK. Bastard! He just doesn't know that someday Wicked Women will rule!! haha

MrsAPE
04-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Bastard! He just doesn't know that someday Wicked Women will rule!! haha

You tell him!! Sorry you had such a bad day. Just doesn't sound like they were on the ball. We'll get a pink sticker and tattoo his ass!

PonymanfiveO
04-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah it was nerve wracking (sp) not knowing what I was driving into. Tried to tell him I was not experienced enough to be the first one down that lane. If I got out of the groove, I would put it into the wall. His response "The oil is at the only at big end" Fucking nice, so at 100 miles an hour I take my chances? I was so rattled that I couldn't do my burnout right, rolled though the beams - what an embarrassingly rookie mistake - and as soon as I felt it spinning, I shut down the run. I don't know if it was because of the oil or because of my nerves, but I guess I did the right thing not being sure. Why take a chance? I was beyond pissed at this point. All I asked for was the other lane. Then 3 or 4 runs later he let SteveLX do the lane switch due to an oildown. Good for Steve!! Can't help but feel this was another typical gender issue. I should have just got the gun from the truck and shot his balls off, then we could have talked gender!

But, sensibility took over, thank heaven, and all is well that ends well. No damage done, I'm not in jail, and the car is OK. Bastard! He just doesn't know that someday Wicked Women will rule!! haha

You did the right thing Cathy. I never was a big fan of Tri-Bumps. Just reading this story makes me not want to go back.

Next time this happens, if the starter will not let you switch lanes. Simply back out and do not run. If you do not feel safe, dont take a chance. Personally I would not have made the pass. I wouldnt want to hit an oil slick at 100+ MPH! And if the ass hat tells you that you have to make the run, I would make it into a 2 minute pass by cruising down in second gear. :bigthumb

12seclx
04-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Last weekend had awesome conditions for racing as the D/A was in the negative zone at both Kilkare and Edgewater with Edgewater being several hundred feet lower. Yesterday it was well over a 1,000' higher D/A explaining your mph loss what et's were you turning last week?

James

Wow, I didn't realize the DA was in the negative zone last weekend.....

My ET's last weekend were 12.35/12.38/12.51...
60' times were..................1.84/1.85/1.97

Good thing is I know what to do with my tune on the fuel side of it according to the weather...

Are you going to Kilkare or Tri-State next weekend...?

nskaats
04-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Sounds like a typical day at Trashstate to me. I had considered going up there to hang out but I ended up cleaning my car and going down to the Hill to help out. Cathy, I'm glad you had the sense to abort the run and didn't trash your car...it's too nice to risk it. There's definitely nothing rookie about that.

My cars are worth far too much to me to take a chance running at that track again. The last few times I ran anything fast there it's been a hair-raising experience. I haven't run anything there since Powerfest (ran the slow car) and wont go back unless it's a special event, in which they can have my $10 as a spectator. I will go back when the track gets paved (wider, longer, and level), the grass median is gone, and they get a crew that knows their asshole from their elbow. Until then the ricers and rednecks can have it.

hchays
04-06-2008, 07:17 PM
This is the first time that I have been to Tri-State. I did not have any problems with the people that worked there, but what the hell is up with the grass in between lanes???? I can't believe that NHRA would go for that. I also think that S/P and Pro being 1/8th and Street being 1/4 is total B.S. it should either be all one or the other. I actually went hopeing to run some 1/8 mile eliminator (I guess I should have ran Pro). The track for sure had alot of hillbillies (not that thats a bad thing)........

Black Horse
04-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Photos from the day are posted! Enjoy!

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/.../4666879_fSm5S

Qtr milerocket
04-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow, I didn't realize the DA was in the negative zone last weekend.....

My ET's last weekend were 12.35/12.38/12.51...
60' times were..................1.84/1.85/1.97

Good thing is I know what to do with my tune on the fuel side of it according to the weather...

Are you going to Kilkare or Tri-State next weekend...?

Yeah man just think if you could've hooked yesterday with last weekends weather :eek: (I'd say you would've clipped an 11 second et). I saw you run once and it looked like you pulled the left front so I'm assuming you hooked considerably better yesterday, it's cool you've got your tune down as well.

Right now it's looking like rain all weekend according to the preliminary forecast (but what does the weatherman know?).....Kilkare is on Thursdays now so the only weekend option is good 'ole Tristate, I just wish Tristate didn't change their usual T&T schedule and ran on both Thursdays and Saturdays like in years past......oh well.

James

12seclx
04-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Yeah man just think if you could've hooked yesterday with last weekends weather :eek: (I'd say you would've clipped an 11 second et). I saw you run once and it looked like you pulled the left front so I'm assuming you hooked considerably better yesterday, it's cool you've got your tune down as well.

James

Thanks James,

I've got a couple of ideas for the next visit to the track...
I think I need to add some air to these slicks, bump the launch rpm up, and see what happens....

Qtr milerocket
04-07-2008, 02:28 AM
Thanks James,

I've got a couple of ideas for the next visit to the track...
I think I need to add some air to these slicks, bump the launch rpm up, and see what happens....

No problem man yeah hopefully there won't be as much downtime as it was Saturday so you can tweak it some more!

James

stkshkr
04-07-2008, 02:44 AM
Photos from the day are posted! Enjoy!

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/.../4666879_fSm5S

There's a problem with that page

Qtr milerocket
04-07-2008, 02:49 AM
It worked fine for me I just got on and was able to view every page from Saturdays T&T.

James

Black Horse
04-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Try this one:

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/gallery/4666879_fSm5S#275678937

adragon72
04-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Well it was my car that blew in the left lane on sat. im sorry you guys had to run in that lane afterwards. i didnt hear anything unusual out of the engine or i would have not ran. the last thing i would have ever wanted is for someone to get hert including myself.

ponymom05
04-07-2008, 10:58 AM
no harm, no foul. just wish the guy running the lanes would have left me switch. Being a fairly new racer, I was very nervous about following in that lane. I should have just drove out and got to the end of the line. Oh well, hindsight...

Hope you can get your car back together.

01rustang
04-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Well it was my car that blew in the left lane on sat. im sorry you guys had to run in that lane afterwards. i didnt hear anything unusual out of the engine or i would have not ran. the last thing i would have ever wanted is for someone to get hert including myself.

Hows the motor? Did you finish it? If so lets build that forged stroker with the hellian turbo!

adragon72
04-08-2008, 07:56 AM
oooo it is toast i counted 13 holes in the pan and i still had to drain the oil. i had already started its replacement last summer.

95turbocharged
04-09-2008, 09:37 AM

me and zippy were standing on the tower side to get some video, I heard your car knocking like it had a midget with a hammer in it, it started when you were doing your burn out, I started yelling and waveing my hands like crazy the starter guy even looked at me and just shurgged his sholders I even made the shut off sign to him and he did nothing what a dork. twice on saturday there were cars with problems, yours and the yellow 95 cobra that was overheating in the same lane, he was leaking coolant at the starting line and steaming out of the hood and again yelling and waveing and they let him run anyway.