PDA

View Full Version : Good place to get wheels clear coated?

mach_u
04-03-2008, 07:55 AM
The wheels on the cobra need some kind of clear coat on them or else they are going to turn to crap really fast. Anybody have a good, reasonable place to get them done?

mustangboy
04-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Any painter can do it but it would probably best to have them powdercoated w/ clear.

mach_u
04-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Any painter can do it but it would probably best to have them powdercoated w/ clear.
Powdercoated w/clear? Where would be a good place to have that done? Any idea what something like that may run?

mustangboy
04-03-2008, 08:28 AM
What wheels do you have? Shouldn't they already be clear coated? Yes there is clear powder coat which most factory wheels come with. I'm not sure if there is somone in your area that does it but I there is a place off the Independence 275 exit that does. They are less than 5 min off the exit, that is dedpedal's exit btw. I haven't been there in a while but I believe it is JMS. I'm goint to start to do a little powder coating myself but I have to get some practice in before I start doing things for other people.

Mr.Moontang
04-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Those are same type of wheels that we put on our 32 they will be just fine the way they are... Don't waste your money or time.

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-03-2008, 12:03 PM
They are next to impossible to clean or keep clean. They already have stains on them that won't come out. Doug suggested clear coating them to make them easy to clean, that's why we're looking into it.

Mr.Moontang
04-03-2008, 12:10 PM
The centers are just supposed to be the raw cast look...clear coating them might change the look, that is all I was thinking.

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I know that is supposed to be how they look, just a PIA the clean and keep them looking nice. I saw one at Cavalcade that had the raw cast clear coated and I thought it looked nice. It was nicely done too, it was a subtle effect. I don't know... we'll see.

untamed
04-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Talk to Doug, He may know someone CAPRISTANG.