PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever done front control arm bushings??

Stangman
04-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Its WAAAYY past time to do my front bushings on my '94 GT, and I know that the bushings are different than a foxbody, the front and back are different sizes, anyone ever had to change them out? if so what am I in for?

5.0calypso93lx
04-04-2008, 04:50 PM
So fox control arms won't work? I was going to say, I have my stock fox control arms with almost new ES poly bushings already installed that I'm looking to sell.

I just pulled the control arm off and took it up to smyth, had the old bushings removed and had the poly ones pressed in. Pretty easy.

Stangman
04-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Well, I think fox arms will work, but it will bring my suspension in at the bottom, The problem is, Fox bushings wont work in SN95 Arms, and Vice Versa, these damn arm bushings were over $50 per side!!

PM me a price on your control arms, I need some to get my fox back together. :)

DeckerEnt
04-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I would have it done. You need a press to get them in straight. I lucked out on mine. Getting a set that already have poly bushings AND ball joints in em. Mine were trashed.
Keith

Stangman
04-04-2008, 04:57 PM
That might be the thing I'm going to have to do. I just need to find a place to press them in nice and straight for me, and for CHEAP!

Sharad
04-04-2008, 06:10 PM
it is a major pain the the arse.