PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Stkshkr

ponymom05
04-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, now that it's public knowledge, I'd like to offer a belated congrats to Gene Manning (stkshkr) for fairly winning the #10 spot last year in UMTR, not 11th. I'm sorry you won't be sporting the permanent #10 on your window, but in our hearts you will be #10 this year. If Karl T would have listened to the complaints (mostly mine) instead of being so hot-headed about it, you would have your rightfully earned spot this year. I guess we do have to give him credit for going back and reviewing the season and finding the "error" and calling you about it.

Also a BIG thanks to the new management for creating rules that will not allow this "cheating" to happen again.

stkshkr
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks, Karl did call and offer the same award that #10 got and apoligized. I thought that was a class thing to do. I am also glad that the rules are more specific this year.
I'll try and do better with my slower car this year....LOL

69Cobra
04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
:confused:I don't understand????

ponymom05
04-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Indy last year...Purple Haze had a friend pay his $20 and register him, but he never physically showed up at the track. Because he was "registered" he received 3 points. I tried to bring this to Karl's attention, well that's a whole nother story! (Water under the bridge, we move on)

If you look at the final standings, 3 points made a difference in 10th place. If these 3 points had not been given, Gene Manning would have had 10th, and Dan Roedel and I would be tied for 11th or however that would have played out when looking at rounds. 11th and 12th place don't matter.

Gene is a stand up guy and would never make waves. But he rightfully deserves to sport that #10 this year. New management has changed the rules on earning those 3 points and I believe it will be a much needed improvement to avoid this type of situation in the future. Kudos to the new rulemakers! :bigthumb

mustangrfast88
04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
where can i get the umtr rules for this year im thinking about running it this year

ponymom05
04-11-2008, 01:06 PM
www.umtrdragracing.com

69Cobra
04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I see. I never got the whole story but I do know that's why we changed the rules.