PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 fuel system question(56k warning)

mach_u
04-06-2008, 01:10 PM
So backing the cobra out this morning, we blew a fuel line. Turns out on both the return and feed fuel lines have about 8" or so of hose. I check and the hose is rated for fuel injection however I did notice the return line has the wrong kind of clamp on it. The return line is where the leak sprung up. Turns out the big issue is it is going from a 5/16" line to a 1/4" and there was a 1/4" hose shoehorned on there and it tore up by the 5/16" side. Anybody have any suggestions on how I might be able to repair this? Thanks!
http://www.stangheaven.com/temp/cobrafuellines.jpg

ibstrokin
04-06-2008, 01:30 PM
The setup you have now is Very dangerous. There is too much fuel pres. for that type of hose/ clamp setup. I think you will need to replace your fuel line from the filter forward. I'm not sure if your current lines can be flared, then spliced. Check local junkyards and get the fuel line and replace, should be cheap.

mach_u
04-06-2008, 01:53 PM
The setup you have now is Very dangerous. There is too much fuel pres. for that type of hose/ clamp setup. I think you will need to replace your fuel line from the filter forward. I'm not sure if your current lines can be flared, then spliced. Check local junkyards and get the fuel line and replace, should be cheap.
That's what I was wondering. After taking the hose off I noticed both sides of the lines on either side of the hose are in fact flared, I don't know if that helps or not? I can try and get some pictures up here soon.

cobrajoe
04-06-2008, 02:36 PM
I have a flaring kit if you want to splice in a piece we can do it with the proper fittings and either hard line or braided! Let me know.

mach_u
04-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I have a flaring kit if you want to splice in a piece we can do it with the proper fittings and either hard line or braided! Let me know.
That would be awesome! When would work for you? I am hoping to get this thing done as soon as possible so Rachel will have it ready for WW Dyno Day next Saturday.

mach_u
04-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Here's another picture with the goofy hose off of there.
http://www.stangheaven.com/temp/cobrafuellines2.jpg