PDA

View Full Version : power steering leak

SWEET GT
04-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Back in late 07 I put on a Canton PS resevoir.

I noticed since then (could be a coincidence) that I have a very slight leak. Last summer/fall I made sure to tighten everything up and thought all was well.

I started the car up for the first time in 3 months yesterday and let it run for about 20 mins in the driveway.

I pull it back in and notice a slight leak. I jack it up and notice a tad of fluid forming a drop off of the power steering pump fitting, where the hose/spring clamp attaches. That clamp is damn tight too..so I wouldnt think that would wear out, but maybe I am wrong.

Also, it seems that a few of the metal fittings/couplers, where some of the rubber lines attach..its wet there too..now this could have been from a fluid spill I had last year..but I wouldnt think those would go bad.

I just started it up and let it run, and it formed a drip at the pump, right where the rubber hose/spring clamp goes on.

I even double checked to make sure I used the right fluid (mercon atf)..and I did. Just find it wierd that all my fittings feel wet and its leaking from that spot

bobtsgt
04-07-2008, 10:09 AM
you could take the hose off, RTV around it, and put it back on. That should take care of the leak :D

BIGHONKEY
04-07-2008, 10:17 AM
OR...if there is slack in the hose cut an inch or so off and clean it up and re-install. You could also work out and then you will be able to crank that clamp down hard enough to stop the leak. :bigthumb

SWEET GT
04-07-2008, 12:22 PM
spring clamp..not hose clamp ya fag :)

BIGHONKEY
04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
There's your problem most likely.

Mr.Moontang
04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Just take it off and give it to me when you give me your coolant tank!!!