PDA

View Full Version : Trunk lid

JamesjGT
04-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I bought a Fiberglass lid off ebay and I can not get this thing to fit good at all.
Does anyone know where I can get one that is a perfect fit?

Rick93coupe
04-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Contact Dave at HO Fibertrends. Thats where I got mine and it fits great! He's up near Columbus and you can drive to his shop and pick it up. He's also a member on the boards, and goes by Dave_308. If you click on member list, you can find his name and a link to his website. Nice guy and makes some really nice products.

JamesjGT
04-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Would he put it on if I wanted him to? I have fought with the one I have on there now to try and get it to fit correctly. The one that was on there had a Saleen wing on it, and I did not like the way it looked. I just replaced the trunk lid because I was afraid the one that had the wing mounted to it would be dented.

Rick93coupe
04-07-2008, 11:13 PM
To install the lid you need to drill out the hole for the lock mechanism, and transfer the lock to the decklid. Otherwise it wouldn't latch on the way home, not that it would matter. Its not like it could fly up or anything. You could always ask him.

facemelter71
04-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Ive got an HO fibertrends decklid,fits rather well.I like it.It just takes alot of time and patience to install them.ALOT.

JamesjGT
04-08-2008, 11:00 AM
I have a fiberglass one on it now that I bought off ebay and its not a good fit. I have done everything I could to make it fit and still won't fit just right so I was going to buy one that fits better.
I just wanted to know who out there makes the best one that fits just right.

Blowpastyou
04-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I also have an HO Fibertrends deck lid, and it fits great.