PDA

View Full Version : Highway run with a Porsche

craigels
04-08-2008, 10:11 PM
My buddy Craig and I (yes, yet another Craig) stole mom's car tonight and went for a little cruise. We were coming back across the river into KY from the Eastgate area when we spotted a nice looking blue with stripes 05+ Mustang in the center lane. We rolled up on it in the fast lane to check it out, and maybe play a bit. The guy was on his phone so we just waved, he gave a thumbs up and we wound up missing the Alexandria exit.

Then I see some really bright lights coming up fast in the rearview... I'm thinking its a Porsche... it looked as if he hung beside the other Mustang behind me, so I downshifted to 4th at 70 mph and was going to get over to give them room in case something happened. Just then, the Porsche shot over in the middle lane and came up on us. He was at the passenger door when I realized he wanted to race us! Since he already had the run, I stood on it in 4th and pulled pretty hard, shift light came on, shifted to 5th and shut it down as we crest a hill doing 130ish. He was still behind me, never did catch up! When I shut down, he came screaming around us and went weaving in and out of traffic. We pursued at a slower speed until he caught heavier traffic because we wanted to see what model it was. When we came up to him again the wing was popped up in the back and we couldn't read what it was. It was white, sounded good, douche bag looking/acting driver, and couldn't hang with the 05 from 70-130 on the highway...

Craig

mustangrfast88
04-08-2008, 10:20 PM
nice kill if thats what you want to call it

blueoval4ever
04-08-2008, 10:39 PM
IF it was a Cayman, they are only about 245 hp. 0-60 in about 5.8 seconds. They still top out at about 160 though.
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1733/normalhq8.jpg

DeckerEnt
04-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Those cars are not ment for drag or all out acceleration. Cornering is where they really shine. Don't try to race one on a curvy road.
Keith

PKFIRE
04-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I saw a mid 80's porshe in front of me about 3 years ago going up Ronald Reagan. I was in my mustang 03 Cobra and as soon as I got next to him he gunned it. Poof of black smoke and then it sound like a 747 taking off. There was no way I could of caught the car so I didn't even try. Who ever that was had a crazy fast porshe.

btw-I've driven a Boxter S and wasn't too impressed with the power but I'd love to take the car on a road course.

Ric54
04-09-2008, 08:40 PM
What a great ego booster!!

I know you really felt good after that !

Walter
04-09-2008, 09:26 PM
What a great ego booster!!

I know you really felt good after that !

Wow, thats sounds funny.

2-8-1
04-12-2008, 11:15 AM
IF it was a Cayman, they are only about 245 hp. 0-60 in about 5.8 seconds. They still top out at about 160 though.

I would take a Cayman S over just about any Mustang though, they are the hawtness.

Also, 295HP for the S