PDA

View Full Version : Is this trade worth it?

bascom123
04-15-2008, 09:34 AM
So I have a pending deal on the line as follows:

I wanted some feedback on if you think it is a good deal!

1987 GT Vert (99K miles, pretty much stock convertible top needs replaced one included in the deal)
2003 VW Passat (58K miles - stock)
$5000 in cash

for a

2003 Mach 1 Azure Blue 26K miles with the following mods:
BBK ceramic coated long tubes
magna flow stainless exhaust
magnaflow catless X pipe
sub frame connectors
31 spline axles ford motor sport 4:30 gears
nitrous express kit with everything purge, bottle heater etc.
hurst shifter
new center force clutch (just installed)
wide band & fuel pressure gauge in dash bezel
nitrous pressure gauge on colum
brand new black dd builts 18x9 18x10.5 with 305 dr

He will deliver the car to me (trailer) and picks up the other two, and is located in Iowa.

Feedback, be honest!

cstreu1026
04-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Sounds like the Mach had been driven hard. The nitrous would make me nervous as well. If it were me I think I would sell the two cars and look to buy something out right.

facemelter71
04-15-2008, 10:01 AM
^^X2
I would sell both your cars and spend the cash on a good car,with only 26 thou on the clock of the mach.Its been beat.I wouldnt waste your money.

mach_u
04-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Personally it sounds like a damn good deal but then again, I am a little partial. ;)

may93
04-15-2008, 10:29 AM
^^X2
I would sell both your cars and spend the cash on a good car,with only 26 thou on the clock of the mach.Its been beat.I wouldnt waste your money.

I agree sell your cars and buy one. For him to trade and deliver the car means he figures he's getting the better deal as he see's it. Otherwise he'd tell you to come to him.

satan jamez
04-15-2008, 10:55 AM
I agree sell your cars and buy one. For him to trade and deliver the car means he figures he's getting the better deal as he see's it. Otherwise he'd tell you to come to him.

Yup yup :)

mustangboy
04-15-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm with these guys on the nitrous issue. Also would it include all the stock original parts for the Mach, they will be collectible one day and original parts would be a plus. Also is the guy the original owner/installer of all the performance mods.

Stangman
04-15-2008, 12:15 PM
sounds like 26,000 miles of 1/4 mile runs ;)

89notch
04-15-2008, 12:28 PM
wide band & fuel pressure gauge in dash bezel
If he is going to spend the money on a wideband I'm sure he is going to watch it. I wouldnt worry about the nitrous issue if you want do a leak down test on it before you make the trade.

Drivermod
04-15-2008, 04:24 PM
If he is going to spend the money on a wideband I'm sure he is going to watch it. I wouldnt worry about the nitrous issue if you want do a leak down test on it before you make the trade.

I doubt it. Probably an autometer wide band which is nothing more than a light show anyway. I could be wrong though. I'd be a bit concerned but Like Kelly said. You could do a leakdown or com[pression test on it before hand and hope for the best. If it's in good running condition, I'd say it's a pretty good trade.

89notch
04-15-2008, 05:04 PM
I doubt it. Probably an autometer wide band which is nothing more than a light show anyway. I could be wrong though. I'd be a bit concerned but Like Kelly said. You could do a leakdown or com[pression test on it before hand and hope for the best. If it's in good running condition, I'd say it's a pretty good trade.

Very true alot of people call narrowbands widebands. The light show that the autometer gauge puts out is the only good thing about those POS

92BlackStang
04-16-2008, 07:18 AM
id do it

black90lx
04-16-2008, 07:53 AM
I would do it. Just because he has nitrous on it doesn't mean he has used it a lot. Mach u has it on his car and he has only used it a couple times. I would take it on a long drive when he gets here with it and make sure it doesn't over heat and you don't hear any weird noises. Just because he brings it down here doesn't mean you have to trade if you don't like it.

jdubya
04-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Louis you don't want a Mach, you want a TERMINATOR!!!!

mach_u
04-16-2008, 08:10 AM
I would do it. Just because he has nitrous on it doesn't mean he has used it a lot. Mach u has it on his car and he has only used it a couple times. I would take it on a long drive when he gets here with it and make sure it doesn't over heat and you don't hear any weird noises. Just because he brings it down here doesn't mean you have to trade if you don't like it.
I think I used it a total of 6-7 times with only a 75 shot before I sold the kit. lol I agree though, take it for a nice long drive, check for leaks, anything sounding goofy, etc.

rogers
04-16-2008, 10:13 AM
i agree, don't just kick the tires.... good long warm up, a good long drive a heavy inspection maybe a good friend to help keep the feet grounded while it goes down??? and if it is good to go then...

bascom123
04-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I do believe the deal has fallen through. Besides, I got the 5.0 drop top out today and ahh it was nice.