brncoupe5.0
04-15-2008, 11:47 AM
The one and only GSXR 750!!!!!!

JIMS SVT
04-15-2008, 11:51 AM
My first bike was 2003 R1

mustangboy
04-15-2008, 12:01 PM
A Busa would probably be a good bike to start with.

craigels
04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
does any 1 in here ride?
what would be good to start out with?

I started out on a 16" Huffy, with a little practice you could take the training wheels off and step up to a 10-speed!

Craig

bobtsgt
04-15-2008, 12:42 PM
do a crotch rocket. My first was a 83 750 cruiser. Heavy bike to start off on.

nkystanger
04-15-2008, 01:14 PM
do a crotch rocket. My first was a 83 750 cruiser. Heavy bike to start off on.

I had an 81 or 82 cb750, it was a great bike but was heavy.

bobtsgt
04-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I had a Honda Magna. It was fun to ride but I sold it after only riding it 2 times. Decided at the time cars were my passion.

facemelter71
04-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Started on a CB750f.Nicew bike,fast as hell.But im lookin into an R1.

YouGotJunk
04-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Just get a Busa like said above...why waste time and money on something your just going to out grow. Get ya a busa...and just take it easy for a while..you'll learn fast..or you'll fall hard!!

MWoods26
04-15-2008, 03:50 PM
I have had well over a dozen crotch rockets since I bought my first bike in summer of 2000. (98 CBR900rr) I have had about everything except for an R1 or R6. Though I have had more GSXRs than anything else and had the most fun on them by far, NOTHING...... and I mean NOTHING will out last or take the beating that a Honda will. If you are going to buy somthing that you plan on keeping for a long time you cant go wrong with a CBR. If you are going to buy someting used make sure it is new enuff to be FI

Blackpony
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
I'd first take a riders course. Then look into a bike that your not gonna feel bad when you drop cause you will. I'd be careful with performance bikes for the first time riders. My best friend who was my brother in law was a very careful rider and never did anything stupid and had ten years experence riding.While riding he lost his life last year . While riding last september beside his girlfriend his bike propelled uncontrollably and put him into a fence which took his life. The problem happened cause the power regulator in his turbo busa malfunctioned and took him into the fence. He was dead instantly According to his girlfriend they were doing 35 and she believes when he hit the fence he was doing over a 100. Dave was by far the safest rider I ever rode with. And i'm without my best friend cause he had to have that damm bike. I kept telling him that bike was gonna kill him. So with my rambling my advise is riders course and wear a helmet. Oh and by the way I ride a Harley

Timido
04-15-2008, 04:21 PM
I like sv650s for first bikes good handeling decent power cheaper insurance for the first time rider. Enough power to get you in trouble.

HRSEPWR
04-15-2008, 06:17 PM
I have had well over a dozen crotch rockets since I bought my first bike in summer of 2000. (98 CBR900rr) I have had about everything except for an R1 or R6. Though I have had more GSXRs than anything else and had the most fun on them by far, NOTHING...... and I mean NOTHING will out last or take the beating that a Honda will. If you are going to buy somthing that you plan on keeping for a long time you cant go wrong with a CBR. If you are going to buy someting used make sure it is new enuff to be FI

+1.... Honda's are just built for abuse... I have an 05 CBR600RR and it is plenty for me. I will also agree about the Fuel Injection, carb sucks.... Literally :lol:

ibstrokin
04-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I Think this is still available.

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38706

or this

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42265

ibstrokin
04-15-2008, 07:00 PM
If you go above a 600, you will need to really take your time and learn the bike. A quick crack of the throttle can result in a quick crack of your head. A busa is a good choice, depending on what you expect/want out of a bike. They are sport/tour, and would be more comfy than a r1/gsxr/cbr. Timido has a blackbird that would be another great choice.

Just be honest with yourself, if you know your the kind of guy who say's " screw it, let's see what this bitch"ll do", 600 all the way. If your a more collected/ reserved guy, go big bore and learn as you go.

Mustard
04-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I will say this. For your first bike buy something you want care to much about if you do happen to drop it or god forbid you wreck it. Save the sport bikes and power cruisers for when you have a little seat time. I have been riding for a littlew over 15 years now and I have seen a lot of beginers learn the hard way.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I would LOVE to get my hands on an old Kawasaki KZ900 Rickman. That's the bike they used for the Mad Max movies:

http://www.pulstudio.com/1bike_web_gallery/Rickman%20edit/Rickman%20pics/RIC_KZ.jpg

Timido
04-15-2008, 09:12 PM
My cbr1100 is gone. Anouther thing to consider with age and riding experience is insurance. If you are 18 with no experience and try to insure a big bore sportbike you will be shocked with the insurance. Hell new 600s go 160-170 mph how fast do you need to go?

srootster
04-16-2008, 11:06 AM
are you guys kidding me? busa's? gixxers?

an sv650 is the only intelligent suggestion i've seen. start off on something small and learn to ride. half of the guys that go out and buy busa's as their first bikes are the same guys getting their butts handed to them by a decent rider on a 250 or 500 when the road starts to twist. if you want to just own a bike for "bragging rights" then sure... buy a busa or a zx14. let me know when you do so i can get some insurance on ya.

buy something cheap with a few bruises that you can sell and re-coup your money if you out-grow it. if you ride, you WILL eventually go down and chances are it will happen within the first year of riding. ***make sure you take a rider's course as suggested above.

good luck in your decision. riding is a blast if you take it seriously and make good decisions.

banginstang07
04-16-2008, 11:51 AM
i think a great bike to start out with is a 08 Ninja 250r good beginner bike not alot of power but o well

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah i kinda thought a Busa for a first bike spelled death trap, but then what do i know :lol:

Timido
04-16-2008, 04:18 PM
I wouldnt buy a 250 street bike you would lose interest in that 250 ninga in about a week. I wouldnt be afraid of carburators either. Properly tuned they flat just work.

8banger
04-16-2008, 04:30 PM
I had a yamaha YZF600R...not an r6...very easy riding bike...fairly inexpensive..and big enough to get into alittle trouble..not leaned over like most rockets(like my 954rr.I had) ..I also had a suzuki katana 600 that was an easy bike to ride.(alittle slow ;) )..start off little and as cheap as possible..nothing like dropping a 10k bike :eek: ..and alot first timers will drop them..eventually....

My First bike was a honda cb450...1976....:bigthumb ....

Blackpony
04-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah i kinda thought a Busa for a first bike spelled death trap, but then what do i know :lol:

Busa's are nothing but death traps. I know first hand. Every time I hear the name busa get sick to my stomach

Timido
04-16-2008, 06:10 PM
And dress for the ride. There are alot of retards driving cars out there. You never know what you will find around the corner gravel, Deer, Farm tractor, and who knows what else. Everyone has their opinion on helmets and gear. I dont like helmet laws because I think you should have the right to do what you want. I can tell you that even in slow speed minor accedents you will be thankfull if you had on decent gear jacket gloves boots and a Helmet. I love seeing people in flip flops and shorts. And I think the best advise I saw on here was to take a MSF course and then take the expert class also.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Yeah i used to work with a guy who was hardcore into riding his bike almost year around. He always ALWAYS wears leathers even if it's 100 degrees out. I asked once and he said if it's too hot to wear your leathers it's too hot to ride.

fastnotch2002
04-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah i used to work with a guy who was hardcore into riding his bike almost year around. He always ALWAYS wears leathers even if it's 100 degrees out. I asked once and he said if it's too hot to wear your leathers it's too hot to ride.

VERY WISE MAN! If your gonna ride keep yourself covered. My wife and I always wear our gear on any ride we go on. I started out on a CBR 600 16 years ago curently have a R1. the wife started on a R6 about 3 years ago and now rides a busa. A 600 would be the way to go....you would get bored with the 250 VERY quick. DEFINTLY sign up for the MSF course...we took it together last year....Ive been riding for years and actually learned a little! Its informative plus a insurance discount!

PonymanfiveO
04-16-2008, 09:56 PM
my brother has a nice '02 GSXR750 for sale. pm me for his number if you may be interested in something like this. ;)

347sc
04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
my brother has a nice '02 GSXR750 for sale. pm me for his number if you may be interested in something like this. ;)

He like Mustangs? Is so maybe we can work a deal.:bigthumb

Rich
04-16-2008, 10:38 PM
For a beginner...a mid 90's Honda Nighthawk 750 is just about unbeatable. Air cooled, hydraulic valvetrain, chain drive...bulletproof and cheap!

No matter what... take the MSF course!

MFIELD
04-16-2008, 10:48 PM
I know someone selling an older Katana 600. Its in great shape and would be a good starter bike.

KB1
04-17-2008, 09:42 AM
2000 Screamin Eagle Road Glide, Yes one of those loud obnoxious Harleys!!

95 cu in. 100hp 123 ft lbs. on the dyno!

Kevin

boosted 98
04-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Busa's are nothing but death traps. I know first hand. Every time I hear the name busa get sick to my stomach

BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSABUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA BUSA

may93
04-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Get your permit and take a riders safety course where they supply the motorcycle and everything you need. When you pass the test they give you the paperwork needed and you go to the DMV and get your license. If you still think riding is for you buy a small cruiser bike and see if you really like riding or just thought you would. I've seen many of people buy a new motorcycle and then verly seldom ride it. Then again you might find you enjoy riding and at that point its only a matter of figuring out what style of riding you intend to do and what type of motorcyle fits your needs.

INSANEBA
04-18-2008, 03:19 AM
First off, I totally agree on the MSF. Allthough I havent taken it, I have seen the benefit that alot of people have received from it. Fastnotch'es wife learned alot, and it showed in her riding. She was way more confident in the curves, and she even followed notch and I over 100mph a few times. Huge improvement on her part. As for a first bike, no shame in owning a 600. I personally reccomend a GSXR750. Especially if your a meduim/larger guy. It has the low end characteristics of a 600, with a mild version of a 1000's top end. Hell, since 2000, they have revved 14,500rpm. They are a clutch bike, meaning that you would have to use the clutch to do any real wheelies, and the power hit's soft on the low so margnin of error is decreaded by tons over a liter bike. Now on the other hand, a 1000 or a busa, one false twitch of the wrist, and your looking at the sky, wondering what the hell just happened. I've been riding since I was 9 years old , and have seen alot of people bite it, hell I've bitten it several times lol, including hitting a tractor! Main thing to remember, take your time. Dont rush it, because you could very easily end your life . Also, always watch everyone else, expect them to pull out infront of you"cause they usually do". If you expect it, then you wont be surprised when they do it! Good luck, and let us know what you decide on.

WHYTRY
04-18-2008, 05:22 AM
id buy a zx14 over a busa anyday but who has 13ooo to spend on a new one. i like my cbr929. runs good and ive yet to see a 1000 beat it. r1 zx10 gsxr1000. ive raced em all. hondas are awesome bikes. i like all of em. their all fast. hell a 6 runs high 10's.

srootster
04-18-2008, 11:42 AM
motorcycles are possibly more addicting than stangs though so be careful and hide your wallet.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/srootster/th_DSC01050.jpg (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/srootster/DSC01050.jpg),http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/srootster/th_DSC03649.jpg (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/srootster/DSC03649.jpg)

yes, i like zrx's.

Mike
04-18-2008, 12:23 PM
I started with an 02 GSXR600, and within a month or so, I wanted something faster.

Personally, I'd do a 750. Fast enough to run 10's @ 130, not heavy, fun bikes.

A 'busa? Are you serious? They wiegh like a million pounds, and from what I hear, unless you're a really fat guy, they will tire you out.

Goober
04-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Buell XB9R or XB9S. Light, pulls like a freight train, and you can bore and stroke the 9's to a 1250 engine when you want more power.

Katmandu
04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
First off, I totally agree on the MSF. Allthough I havent taken it, I have seen the benefit that alot of people have received from it. Fastnotch'es wife learned alot, and it showed in her riding. She was way more confident in the curves,x3 on the Motorcycle Riders course! Absolutely MANDATORY IMHO !!

I've owned/riden bikes for almost (30) years. :bigthumb Had a couple Yamaha 650 twins, a Suzuki GS850 full-dresser, Suzuki GS1000 full-dresser, Yamaha Seca 750.

Get used to wearing a helmet! Your family and friends will thank you for it! Those that don't wear a helmet and proper riding gear (ie no SANDLES, short pants etc...) while riding are showing just how STUPID they are IMHO.

BTW, I wouldn't be sitting here right now typing if I didn't wear a helmet. I a passenger and was thrown off the back of a bike during a (2) bike accident (Long story.... :rolleyes: ) I landed right on my head. Thank God I was wearing a helmet! :bigthumb

Don't be an idiot and wear a helmet! :cool2:

Mike
04-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Yes, wear a helmet 100% of the time, and anytime you don't, you'll feel wierd, like somethings missing.

Riding without one is fucking stupid.

may93
04-18-2008, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=Katmandu;368833]x3 on the Motorcycle Riders course! Absolutely MANDATORY IMHO !!

Get used to wearing a helmet! Your family and friends will thank you for it! Those that don't wear a helmet and proper riding gear (ie no SANDLES, short pants etc...) while riding are showing just how STUPID they are IMHO.

Don't be an idiot and wear a helmet! [/COLOR][/B]:cool2:

I can understand your reasoning for wearing a helment but to say someone is stupid or an idiot is a little overboard. How safe is your convertible if you put it on its top? Its a nice car and looks like it would run so would it be fare to say one would be stupid not to have a roll cage in place and a helmet on before driving it? Tell the guy to wear a helmet as its always a good idea but keep the insults to yourself as its unnecessary.

fastnotch2002
04-18-2008, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=Katmandu;368833]x3 on the Motorcycle Riders course! Absolutely MANDATORY IMHO !!

Don't be an idiot and wear a helmet! [/COLOR][/B]:cool2:

I can understand your reasoning for wearing a helment but to say someone is stupid or an idiot is a little overboard. How safe is your convertible if you put it on its top? Its a nice car and looks like it would run so would it be fare to say one would be stupid not to have a roll cage in place and a helmet on before driving it? Tell the guy to wear a helmet as its always a good idea but keep the insults to yourself as its unnecessary.

Id say he hit it right on the mark! Most states its the law that you wear a helmet. You never know whats gonna happen on the road, Its really other jack asses you half to look out for that "dont see you" if you dont have the gear its more likely your gonna be seriously injured. Some people just dont understand as I can see you dont. Look at all the statistics on cycle crashes...people wearing the proper gear usually walk away with nomial injurys compared to not wearing gear. And I do have a roll cage in my vert!::flipoff:

Katmandu
04-19-2008, 12:52 AM
[QUOTE=may93;368865]Id say he hit it right on the mark! Most states its the law that you wear a helmet. You never know whats gonna happen on the road, Its really other jack asses you half to look out for that "dont see you" if you dont have the gear its more likely your gonna be seriously injured. Some people just dont understand as I can see you dont. Look at all the statistics on cycle crashes...people wearing the proper gear usually walk away with nomial injurys compared to not wearing gear. And I do have a roll cage in my vert!::flipoff:That's exactly right. :bigthumb

A LOT of folks get killed in LOW SPEED motorcycle accidents that normally would have survived HAD they been wearing a helmet!

There was an bike accident the other day here in Miami County wear a mc passenger got killed and the driver ended up with a very serious head injury.

They were approaching a red light when the car in front of them slowed faster than the bike driver anticipated. He ended up rearending the car and both got thrown off the bike.

The cops said the bike was only traveling 20-25 MPH. Had they BOTH been intelligent enough to wear a helmet they BOTH most likely would've walked away from this accident.

Now, if you're a complete knucklehead who goes on stunt riding at high speeds a helmet obviously won't save your life! But it WILL help the coroner ID you when they extract your decapited head from the helmet! :lol:

Thing is that folks that (don't wear a helmet) that do happen to survive (or hang on for awhile before they die) a bike accident, rack up MASSIVE amounts of Medical bills!.

This in turn effects ALL motorcyclist's insurance rates!

Katmandu
04-19-2008, 12:58 AM
How safe is your convertible if you put it on its top?If I'm STUPID enough to put my Vert on it's top then I deserve what I get right! :lol: And yes, I would be STUPID too! :bigthumb

Tell the guy to wear a helmet as its always a good idea but keep the insults to yourself as its unnecessary.Like that'll ever happen! :lol: Just wait until football season starts! :flipoff: :lol: :lol:

As they say, "If the show fits..." :cool2:

beefcake
04-19-2008, 01:08 AM
i started on a 250 suzuki, and upgraded from there

buy cheap and used.

i go back and forth between cruisers and sport bikes, sport bikes are always busas

i just picked up another valkyrie , a 97 with only 9800 miles on it.

something to just enjoy riding comfortably and still have a shit load of power, start with something small and work your way up

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 07:58 AM
id buy a zx14 over a busa anyday but who has 13ooo to spend on a new one. i like my cbr929. runs good and ive yet to see a 1000 beat it. r1 zx10 gsxr1000. ive raced em all. hondas are awesome bikes. i like all of em. their all fast. hell a 6 runs high 10's.

I gotta GSXR 10?? I'll race ya with. Betcha cant get out infront of me lol, and i'm a big guy...:D As for a Buell, I say NAY! Nice looking, but way too torquey for a beginner, and ontop of that, how are you gonna feel when a GSXR600 or a R6 or a CBR600rr smokes your @ss:cool2:. Not dogging them, but I've seen it happen time and time again lol. Ask fastnotch. As for the gear, I deffinitely wouldnt be here right now if I didnt wear my gear. Motorcycles and tractors dont mix very well, and no it wasnt my fault. I did walk away with just a few broken bones too, thanks Alpinestar and HJC:bigthumb

beefcake
04-23-2008, 08:05 AM

no one will hit you on a 14, they are so busy pullin over to the side of the road puking cuz they are so frikin fugly lol

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Now that's funny:lol::lol::lol:

WHYTRY
04-23-2008, 08:28 AM
no one will hit you on a 14, they are so busy pullin over to the side of the road puking cuz they are so frikin fugly lol busa isnt much better. but 14's are faster.

WHYTRY
04-23-2008, 08:48 AM
I gotta GSXR 10?? I'll race ya with. Betcha cant get out infront of me lol, and i'm a big guy...:D As for a Buell, I say NAY! Nice looking, but way too torquey for a beginner, and ontop of that, how are you gonna feel when a GSXR600 or a R6 or a CBR600rr smokes your @ss:cool2:. Not dogging them, but I've seen it happen time and time again lol. Ask fastnotch. As for the gear, I deffinitely wouldnt be here right now if I didnt wear my gear. Motorcycles and tractors dont mix very well, and no it wasnt my fault. I did walk away with just a few broken bones too, thanks Alpinestar and HJC:bigthumb

if you wanna come from lima im game lol. current 929 mods= cams,k/n,yoshi pipe,power cammander, vstaks, 40 shot, streched 7 inches, drag radial,1down in front, strapped and lowerd. im putting a new clutch in now with heavier springs and getting it tuned here shortly.

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 09:03 AM
if you wanna come from lima im game lol. current 929 mods= cams,k/n,yoshi pipe,power cammander, vstaks, 40 shot, streched 7 inches, drag radial,1down in front, strapped and lowerd. im putting a new clutch in now with heavier springs and getting it tuned here shortly.

We could always meet halfway lol. 1000 mods, less than 3000 miles on a fresh built motor, web cams, ported carpenter head, wiseco pistons, carillo's, crank work, not going into displacement. K&N, V-stacks, Full Yosh trs duplex, Full Yosh EMS system, NOS Dry system, geared down like a mofo, extended 8", slammed, strapped, and I run Shinko 003U on the back. I'm forgetting alot, and just not mentioning a few more lol. The bike was built by Schnitz Racing, and tuned by Ryan Schnitz, and put down some pretty sweet numbers. Comon David, quit picking on Goliath lol...:cool2:

beefcake
04-23-2008, 09:06 AM
busa isnt much better. but 14's are faster.

busa is one of the sexiest bikes out there, what'r you smokin

and as far as faster, not sure what tracks you run at,

also, isn't the busa the fastest production bike ever still?

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Here she is, this is my Jackie lol...

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd80/INSANEBA/100_4418.jpg

srootster
04-23-2008, 09:17 AM
that's a damn sexy bike.

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 09:18 AM

ZX 14's are hideous lol. It kills me that Suzuki designs a bike in 1996, and releases it in late 98, and it's taken 10 years for Kaw to even come close to beating it lol. If you remember, the 12 was supposed to do that lol, what happened there?? Not to mention, Suzuki put's some new body work, radial brakes, and bores it 40 cc's bigger, and it's right back to being the king of the open class lol. Cycle rider just did a side by side comparrison on both bikes, and said neither was faster than the other due to the speed restrictors. But they did say that the ZX14 wouldnt pull up to the redline in top gear, instead it broke up and popped. The Hayabusa on the other hand hit the rev limiter in top gear with ease, and wanted to keep going. Cmon, even the pro's are trying to tell us something lol... I dont mean to show favoratisim, but I am a huge ZUK fan and I always go with what is proven to work...

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 09:21 AM
that's a damn sexy bike.

Why thank you brotha:bigthumb did everything myself. Hey fastnotch, get your R1 together and post some pics of my newest project up. Hell, I want to see it all together too lol...:D Oh, by the way my next bike will be a Busa. I dont care if it's a 1999, it's still gonna get the job done. Especially when I get a turbo on it. :D

beefcake
04-23-2008, 09:23 AM
ZX 14's are hideous lol. It kills me that Suzuki designs a bike in 1996, and releases it in late 98, and it's taken 10 years for Kaw to even come close to beating it lol. If you remember, the 12 was supposed to do that lol, what happened there?? Not to mention, Suzuki put's some new body work, radial brakes, and bores it 40 cc's bigger, and it's right back to being the king of the open class lol. Cycle rider just did a side by side comparrison on both bikes, and said neither was faster than the other due to the speed restrictors. But they did say that the ZX14 wouldnt pull up to the redline in top gear, instead it broke up and popped. The Hayabusa on the other hand hit the rev limiter in top gear with ease, and wanted to keep going. Cmon, even the pro's are trying to tell us something lol... I dont mean to show favoratisim, but I am a huge ZUK fan and I always go with what is proven to work...

signed sealed delivered!

srootster
04-23-2008, 09:32 AM
the 12r's ran right beside the busa's but had clutch over-heat issues and sat too high. the 14's are a better bike then the busa. once de-restricted and properly tuned it will walk a busa no problemo if you can put the power down. busa will reign at the local strips for awhile longer though since the aftermarket is already flooded with go-fast parts and technologies.

i had a first year busa, a 2000 zx12r and i'm in the market for a 14 as we speak. they are all stoopid fast and all fugly. i can stand to look at a 12r for awhile longer though. personally, i think pretty bikes = naked bikes.

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 09:37 AM
The only 12's I ever saw run bar to bar had motor work. I built one for a guy one time, only bolt ons and it got it's @ss handed to it by my 2000 Busa. They put 3 different riders on the 12, and still didnt help the end result. We could argue all day on this, but it comes down to personal opinion. I think the busa felt lighter than the 12, and it was infact. I know the 14 isint much if any lighter than the 12. Allthough I do respect Kaw, I dont like them. As stated before, I like Zuk's, but it's awesome to see any open class bike rip sown the track... Speaking of that, did anybody see Geremy Teasly on Passtime tv show? He ran a stock 08 Busa with a slip on and a strap at Bradenton Dragstrip, and put down a 9.20. Talk about a stock bike haulin the mail...

srootster
04-23-2008, 09:43 AM
my buddy put his 14 in the 9.20's a couple weeks strapped and piped. that's just crazy fast for a "stock" bike. you're right though, it all comes down to personaly preference. i like em all though so i guess i'm whoreish.:D

here's my 9.20 machine. it took a little motor work to get mine there though:lol:. it dynoed 173rwhp, 104ft.lbs off the juice. i'm running a 60hp hit but haven't dynoed it or run any times yet. i've got a turbo rex in the works but i keep running out of mod money.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/srootster/DSC03645.jpg

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I always loved those ZRX's. I always thought of them as a "new" version of the old Z1-900's, and KZ1000's. I almost bought one when I was like 21, but it was the green blue and white color scheme...

srootster
04-23-2008, 09:51 AM
here's my bling machine. it's right at 170rwhp but i try not to beat it up too hard.:lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/srootster/DSC03591.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/srootster/DSC03588.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/srootster/mcintoshswingarm013.jpg

srootster
04-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I always loved those ZRX's. I always thought of them as a "new" version of the old Z1-900's, and KZ1000's. I almost bought one when I was like 21, but it was the green blue and white color scheme...

i like em because you can see the motor, they are definitely a 70's/80's musclebike throwback and they are easy on the wrists for us fat old guys. plus, zzr1200, zx11 etc parts interchange so you can mod em cheap. my turbo bike is candy green with black/white stripes.:bigthumb

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Sweet, hey what kind of wheels are those? I like em alot... I also like it when you can see a nitrous bottle hanging on the side, but I try to keep mine hidden. With the exception of my MPS flip switch being mounted on the front of the frame, you cant even tell I have nitrous. I like the sleeper look, I just tell everybody I have a 750 lol. I have no decals of the size, only way to tell is by the instrument cluster and most people dont even think about that lol... Even though I LOVE Busa's, I love finding a "moron" on one out on the street lol. They think they can beat anything on 2 wheels, until you drop the hammer and leave them off the line lol... I guess I love the whole "less is more" concept...

srootster
04-23-2008, 10:10 AM
believe it or not i like the sleeper look better myself. i made the mistake of buying a buffer/polisher when i was building the red bike and the rest is history:lol:. once you polish one damn thing, 100 more things follow.

the wheels are carrozzeria stg1's. they don't make that style anymore though. the new ones they have look better anyways imo. they look pretty but are a royal pita to clean. they are light as hell too and any weight i can shed off these tanks is a bonus.

i like your idea. i think i'm gonna see if i can get some zrx400 emblems from overseas. think anybody will believe it?:lol:

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I think you might beable to pull it over on a newbie lol. But a trained eye will call you out in a minute lol. I put a set of the new carrozzeria's on Fastnotch's bike last year. I love them, but I thought oyurs were different. I like different looking things, that's why I painted mine myself. I know nobody else will have that paint scheme. I also know what you mean about polishing, I did my bike and havent stopped since. It seems like everyone see's what you can do, and has to have something done. On the other hand, you can make good money at it, and that money can buy more parts to put on them lol. Hell, I'll polish anything but a knob for the right money lol...

srootster
04-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Hell, I'll polish anything but a knob for the right money lol...

:rofl:good thing you added that disclaimer. i'd hate to see the PM's you'd get.:rofl:

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I already experienced that lol. Hell, even my website and business cards have that disclaimer on it lol...

WHYTRY
04-23-2008, 04:06 PM
We could always meet halfway lol. 1000 mods, less than 3000 miles on a fresh built motor, web cams, ported carpenter head, wiseco pistons, carillo's, crank work, not going into displacement. K&N, V-stacks, Full Yosh trs duplex, Full Yosh EMS system, NOS Dry system, geared down like a mofo, extended 8", slammed, strapped, and I run Shinko 003U on the back. I'm forgetting alot, and just not mentioning a few more lol. The bike was built by Schnitz Racing, and tuned by Ryan Schnitz, and put down some pretty sweet numbers. Comon David, quit picking on Goliath lol...:cool2:

lol nice bike. well i guess a slow 929 wouldnt be worth your time.
all tracks ive seen 14's eat busa's i like busa's dont get me wrong but the 14's are fast.

fastnotch2002
04-23-2008, 06:42 PM
all tracks ive seen 14's eat busa's i like busa's dont get me wrong but the 14's are fast.

Ahhhhh......but the Busa's are so pretty!!!:lol: My wife seems to like hers!

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 08:59 PM
There's a machine made from love...she's a beauty...But I was hoping for pics of YOUR baby lol...

INSANEBA
04-23-2008, 09:06 PM

I wasnt trying to put 929's down, I know a woman that's absolutely flying on a 929 with a 954 motor in it. I just know that a normal sized man would have their hands full against alot of liter bikes. With the right set-up, those fireblades can fly, I've seen it. You like Honda's and Kaws, I like Suzuki's. To each their own, and that's what makes competition great:bigthumb. Maybe sometime we could meet up and hang out at a track, swap tricks and fry some tires. Kilkare is about middlepoint between us us...

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=srootster;370256]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/srootster/DSC03588.jpg

If i rode a bike that's like what i'd have to have. I'm not much of a Harley/chopper kind of guy and not much into the typical crotchrocket kind of bike. Give me that in black with gold/bronze rims :bigthumb

INSANEBA
04-25-2008, 02:02 AM
Hey, since we're chatting about bikes, I just posted a coat and helmet in the misc. forum that I have for sale. It would look nice on that black ZRX Srootster, pm me if anyone's interested....

Kid_Money
04-25-2008, 06:59 AM

No, the 14 is the fastest now. And I am a Busa fan, so I hate to say that. The 14 is a Busa motor that they modded a little bit. Suzuki owns Kaw, so they are pretty much the same bike, only the 14 is WAY uglier. The Busa is one of the sexiest bikes out. Though I will have to say the new R1's rape them in looks.

Oh, and go with a Busa. My first bike was an 01 Busa. Went 9.89 @141 and was lowered w/ stock pipe. They are way fast..:bigthumb

INSANEBA
04-25-2008, 09:20 AM
No, the 14 is the fastest now. And I am a Busa fan, so I hate to say that. The 14 is a Busa motor that they modded a little bit. Suzuki owns Kaw, so they are pretty much the same bike, only the 14 is WAY uglier. The Busa is one of the sexiest bikes out. Though I will have to say the new R1's rape them in looks.

Oh, and go with a Busa. My first bike was an 01 Busa. Went 9.89 @141 and was lowered w/ stock pipe. They are way fast..:bigthumb

Are you sure about that??? Dude you shoulkd look at the cases on both of those motors a little better. They look nothing alike. Allthough Kaw and Suzuki mergered a couple years ago, they are not made in any way the same. Both companies kept the street bikes seperated. They did make quite a few of the 4 stroke dirtbikes the same. If you buy a KX250f, your actually buying a green version of the RMZ250. The busa doesent even share the same case, head, cam style, exhaust doesent even interchange on them. Matter of fact, almost nothing will interchange, oh and the busa is better lol...jk, but seriously....lol...

beefcake
04-25-2008, 02:23 PM

i am afraid you are wrong

the busa holds the record for the fastest production bike at i believe 191 mph, and now that the bikes are goverened to 189, that will never change

Kid_Money
04-26-2008, 10:10 PM
i am afraid you are wrong

the busa holds the record for the fastest production bike at i believe 191 mph, and now that the bikes are goverened to 189, that will never change

the zx-14 had the title until the new Busa came out. I didn't really think of the new Busa when I was writing. I was talking about first gen Busa's. They are faster in the 1/4 and top speed, if you take the restrictions off. The new busa is supposed to be faster top end, but I'm still not sure if they are faster in the 1/4 or not. And an un-restricted Busa goes 202. The new speed restriction is 186.

INSANEBA
04-28-2008, 03:43 PM
It's still awesome that a few bolt ons on a 99 Busa will make it run a 14 down though...