PDA

View Full Version : Hose closing up Why?

Bluecrew07
04-16-2008, 10:44 AM
What makes the hoses going to the Idle air control valve close compleately shut when you hit the gas or just rev the engine up?

Foxxx5oh
04-17-2008, 06:29 PM
heat and vacuum combining to weaken the line to the point of collapse?

Stangman
04-17-2008, 07:08 PM
hot weak worn out hose sounds logical, but is there some sort of carbon blockage on one end causing it to suck the hose shut?

Bluecrew07
04-17-2008, 10:44 PM
hot weak worn out hose sounds logical, but is there some sort of carbon blockage on one end causing it to suck the hose shut?
No sir. i put a brand new hose on it last night an it did the same thing. unless they make a super heavy duty hose i think i need a steel one. but i dont know how that would work out.

Stangman
04-18-2008, 01:26 AM
No sir. i put a brand new hose on it last night an it did the same thing. unless they make a super heavy duty hose i think i need a steel one. but i dont know how that would work out.

Well then if that is the case, it sounds to me like you definitely have some sort of blockage on the end that the intake is sucking on, that to me would be the only reason I could think of, I know very little about modulars, heck i didnt even know a hose went to an IAC valve on those. try the seafoam trick on a main vacuum line, see if you cant break up some of the carbon build up in it and see if that does the trick.

Bluecrew07
04-18-2008, 01:37 AM
ill try. we will see what happens. also have the nut in between the drive shaft and the pinion seal is loose or something. it so damn loud

Stangman
04-18-2008, 02:45 AM
whoa... what kinda noise is it that you are hearing?? any vibration?

Bluecrew07
04-18-2008, 09:21 AM
a whining sound.

Stangman
04-18-2008, 11:28 AM
how long have you had this problem? sounds to me like an improperly installed gear, or a bearing in the rearend going south, I'd get that fixed asap

Bluecrew07
04-18-2008, 03:11 PM
how long have you had this problem? sounds to me like an improperly installed gear, or a bearing in the rearend going south, I'd get that fixed asap
Thats what my buddy up at southside said. but then we figured that if it was the gear then it would have started a long time ago. gears have been in for almost 2year. noise just started about 2week ago. and i first i thought it was a wheel bearing. Good old Subaru did some work right in that area. they replaced the pinion seal....

bobtsgt
04-18-2008, 03:33 PM
unless your out of fluid. then the gear will start to whine due to no lubrication. And as for the hose it should be a pretty hard rubber. Is the idle changing or anything?

aperacer
04-18-2008, 08:58 PM
sounds like a pinion bearing. if they put in a new seal, they probably did not get the prelaod right. this will cause the pinion bearing to fail.. there is an inner and outer so replace both....you will need a new crush sleeve also.

Mr.Moontang
04-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Good old Subaru did some work right in that area. they replaced the pinion seal....
No they did not you paid a L/M tech under the table to do that...

Bluecrew07
04-19-2008, 12:00 PM
unless your out of fluid. then the gear will start to whine due to no lubrication. And as for the hose it should be a pretty hard rubber. Is the idle changing or anything?
the idle gets stuck around 3grand. i put 2 brand new hose on it. figured that should do the trick, one of them worked, but the other is the one that goes to the valve cover it still closes shut. dont know what to do at this point

No they did not you paid a L/M tech under the table to do that...
I do believe that you made me have a ticket wrote up on it so there for its not under the table....

bobtsgt
04-19-2008, 12:52 PM
the IAC should only go to the intake pipe. not the valve cover. One on the valve cover goes to the upper plenum. As for idle getting stuck at 3K wouldn't be an IAC problem. Might be a throttle cable sticking or mechanism sticking.

Bluecrew07
04-19-2008, 02:31 PM
the IAC should only go to the intake pipe. not the valve cover. One on the valve cover goes to the upper plenum. As for idle getting stuck at 3K wouldn't be an IAC problem. Might be a throttle cable sticking or mechanism sticking.
The engine code is idle air control overspeed er. i replaced the IAC and it still does it. when the engine is cold its fine but when it warm is when it F up.
The one from the valve cover goes to i plastic pipe wich connects to a 90 degree rubber angle witch connects to the IAC

bobtsgt
04-19-2008, 03:58 PM
got me then. make want to take it to someone then.

Bluecrew07
04-19-2008, 05:52 PM
ive been to Md many times and they cant figure it out either.