PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Sad That The Only Reason I.....

93cobra
04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Its pretty sad the only reason I have been checking Stangbangerz here lately is see what people have to say about my DJ advice or throw my 2 cents in on my wife's experience with working as a nurse last year.....

I looking at beautiful weather outside....summer is finally here

UMTR columbus + spring cruise in is next weekend

I have $50K+ (THAT IS FIFTY THOUSAND) "fair amount of cash in todays economy" invested in a car that I haven't enjoyed since Oct 2006

Whats wrong with this picture....:confused:

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-16-2008, 03:58 PM
You've lost interest?

93cobra
04-16-2008, 04:07 PM
no...just waiting on car still

ironic...not 10 seconds after i hit enter on that post, rob texted me good news that my driveshaft & yoke will be in tuesday & its basically ready to come home to me for wiring...maybe i'll still make it to the cruise in?????

all I can say to anyone wanting to step up with race cars.....do yourself a favor & buy one turn key ready to go....you'll save lots of time & money & frustration

its not all robs fault with my wait by no means either....example driveshaft yoke...waiting now for over a month....tranny last year...g force promised 2 weeks....turned to 3 months....the list never ends...

DeckerEnt
04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Get working on that car and get it done. I had all winter to work on mine and didn't get squat done. In the last few weeks, I have just came down here and did stuff. It is amazing how much I have done. I got a ton still to do but just working on it makes me feel good.
Keith

kennebellcobra
04-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Your day will come Johnny....then we won't be able get you off here....posting about your 8 or 9 second passes:D It will bring the fire back;)

theyallslow
04-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Dont look at it like that. just think that when you get your ride bike you are going to be thinking about how it was worth all the time and money. if you want to go racing it is going to take money at least 2x what you think, and more then money it is time.

Hang in there, you will get that car and you will tare it up and break some stuff along the way.

Maximus
04-16-2008, 10:28 PM
no...just waiting on car still

ironic...not 10 seconds after i hit enter on that post, rob texted me good news that my driveshaft & yoke will be in tuesday & its basically ready to come home to me for wiring...maybe i'll still make it to the cruise in?????

all I can say to anyone wanting to step up with race cars.....do yourself a favor & buy one turn key ready to go....you'll save lots of time & money & frustration

its not all robs fault with my wait by no means either....example driveshaft yoke...waiting now for over a month....tranny last year...g force promised 2 weeks....turned to 3 months....the list never ends...

I feel your pain guy. Gforce has had my "candlestick" since 01/14/08. Then I go and sell Chuck the shifter off the G5R so he can get the Stang out and running, and here I am with a bunch of parts.:mad:

Fuck all this, Im gonna go make some more babies!:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
04-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Have fun with that Craig.
Keith

Maximus
04-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Have fun with that Craig.
Keith

WOOT!:lol:

PonymanfiveO
04-16-2008, 10:37 PM
This hobby takes more patience than money.

Even if you buy a turn key car set up exactly the way you want...stuff will break...sometimes it takes time to get parts or get it fixed...it happens.

If you dont have the patience for racing, give it up and find a hobby that does not require patience...like fishing. :lol:

PonymanfiveO
04-16-2008, 10:38 PM

I just like to practice. :lol:

93cobra
04-16-2008, 11:20 PM

By the way, since craig brought this topic up..... we have one on the way:eek::bigthumb...jen & i are very excited...due date is 11-11

69Cobra
04-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Congrats on the good news!!!! Do you know how it happened? I could never figure it out:D:lol:

Maximus
04-17-2008, 12:18 AM
By the way, since craig brought this topic up..... we have one on the way:eek::bigthumb...jen & i are very excited...due date is 11-11

Bout time ya spilled the beans!!!

CONGRATS!!!:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
04-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Congrats Dude!!!!
Keith

Silver Bullet
04-17-2008, 08:28 AM
Congrats on the little one!:bigthumb

I feel your pain, I have been waiting for over 5, yes FIVE, long years to get mine going!:(

Holly
04-17-2008, 08:47 AM
I have $50K+ (THAT IS FIFTY THOUSAND) "fair amount of cash in todays economy" invested in a car that I haven't enjoyed since Oct 2006

Whats wrong with this picture....:confused:

I feel your pain guy. :(

FMGT1999
04-17-2008, 10:10 PM
I too feel your pain, I have been without now for some time and I keep working at getting it done ASAP so I can get back into racing ASAP.

Keep the dream alive!

Kyle

Hangingcogs
04-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Painters and fabricators are the devil!!!!

Go get the damn thing, wire it up and go make some hits. When you are in the drivers seat doing a big burnout, you'll forget all about the agony!