PDA

View Full Version : Power Block...

BigB96
04-17-2008, 04:09 AM
I was watching powerblock on spike a few weekends ago. I saw an advertisement for a website dedicated for 4.6 engines.(selling performance parts).. Cant remember the site though.. Anyone else see it?

CincySR
04-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Its www.shop4point6.com, but if you go to it, its basically goes to the summit website. There have been a bunch of them on there, and they are all for different cars, just end up at the same website.

PaulFiveOh
04-17-2008, 07:16 AM
More proof that Power Block and everything associated with it, is nothing but a huge marketing scam.

Buckeye
04-17-2008, 07:57 AM
That whole thing makes no sence. Why insteed of having one sites and spending the add money to premote it they seperate into a ton of crappy little sites and they split the money. Just doesn't make sence but hey maybe they know more than I do

Gene
04-17-2008, 10:21 AM
That whole thing makes no sence. Why insteed of having one sites and spending the add money to premote it they seperate into a ton of crappy little sites and they split the money. Just doesn't make sence but hey maybe they know more than I do

It's niche marketing. Summit is realizing that the one weakness they have in the marketplace is the perceived (or actual) lack of knowledge on the product. That's the reason that small, niche shops (like MD, for example) have been able to compete with the like of Summit. By offering product and knowledge of the product that you're not going to get when you call the "call center" at Summit and you talk to some $8.00 an hour girl who's idea of a modified car is the leopard seat covers on her Neon.

BigB96
04-17-2008, 12:31 PM
I figured it would be something like that, like the shopheaders.com and shopmufflers.com. Thats weak. I wont even visit the website now.

craigels
04-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I figured it would be something like that, like the shopheaders.com and shopmufflers.com. Thats weak. I wont even visit the website now.

Good... support your local shops! You have too many good resources really close to you to be buying parts online.

Craig

mustangboy
04-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Id rather have car shows with advertisers selling the crap out of their products than have no car shows at all. So yeah companies give these shows free stuff to showcase their products, who cares. They do occassionaly have some cool cars and uselful info. I buy all my stuff from Cincy Speed anyway.

BigB96
04-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Most the stuff on my car came from cincy speed. Just wanted to see what they had available for the 4-6 on the web site. Never had any intentions on buyin from it. I hear ya on supportin the locs!

DeckerEnt
04-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Support your local speed shop. Go racing and break stuff. It's fun!!!
Keith

KenB
04-18-2008, 10:48 AM
More proof that Power Block and everything associated with it, is nothing but a huge marketing scam.

Uh, commercials are generally considered marketing. This was a commercial so how is it a scam?

Gene
04-18-2008, 10:51 AM
Uh, commercials are generally considered marketing. This was a commercial so how is it a scam?

Because God-forbid someone decides to sell a product and earn a living. That obviously makes it a scam. ;)

plattner01
04-18-2008, 11:16 AM
please buy more miller lite and coors light and heineken products in cincy, so i can add more stuff to my car. now that wasnt too bad of a marketing plug was it??

KenB
04-18-2008, 11:25 AM
please buy more miller lite and coors light and heineken products in cincy, so i can add more stuff to my car. now that wasnt too bad of a marketing plug was it??

How about some forgeline wheels? That's what I would do next. :bigthumb

08 Vette
04-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Better sell a lot of Beer! Them wheels are big $$$$$$

Buckeye
04-18-2008, 04:51 PM
It's niche marketing. Summit is realizing that the one weakness they have in the marketplace is the perceived (or actual) lack of knowledge on the product. That's the reason that small, niche shops (like MD, for example) have been able to compete with the like of Summit. By offering product and knowledge of the product that you're not going to get when you call the "call center" at Summit and you talk to some $8.00 an hour girl who's idea of a modified car is the leopard seat covers on her Neon.

I get that however it only takes like two clicks on those sites to be redirected to Summits site and realize who you are dealing with.

I also a love the local shops however up here it is REAL hard to compete with jegs since they have stores within 15 min of anywhere around col. I pass the east store 4-6 times a day.

mustangboy
04-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Well I guess Jegs would be considered your local speed shop, go support your local guy.

craigels
04-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Well I guess Jegs would be considered your local speed shop, go support your local guy.

No, local would be Modular Depot or Cincy Speed... it doesn't get any more local than that. Especially when you can get the same prices... or better most of the time and not have to pay shipping! :HYF:

Craig

mustangboy
04-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey Craig if you happen to look at where the guy is from you will see he lives in C'bus which is the home of Jegs. I believe that would make Jegs his local speed shop.

Buckeye
04-19-2008, 12:35 AM
Yes I whould us Md if I lived down there I was impressed with them while down there for the pinks.

plattner01
04-19-2008, 01:30 PM

actually have been thinking about that for a while now, and with the tax return coming back to me i might. metalliac blue center with chrome lip outer or anodized blue center? then clear powder coated so they stay nice for awhile. was also thinking a set of rear welds with slicks also.:dork:

KenB
04-19-2008, 02:51 PM
actually have been thinking about that for a while now, and with the tax return coming back to me i might. metalliac blue center with chrome lip outer or anodized blue center? then clear powder coated so they stay nice for awhile. was also thinking a set of rear welds with slicks also.:dork:

I'd have to photoshop it to say what I think. Not sure how blue would go with the color of the car. Might look cool though. Or maybe a polished lip with the centers anondized to match the paint. Definitely with you on the welds though!

plattner01
04-19-2008, 11:54 PM
ok post some photoshop pics , also i saw a pic of a red anodized center with black lip in 5.0 mag or mm&ff mag and also i think there is a pic of it on the website. wish they had more pics of finished wheels painted anodized etc on the site.
also what are the average cost of a set of welds i have no idea