PDA

View Full Version : A big mucho gracias to Cincy Speed!!

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Craig, you rock!! We left the Cobra down at Cincy Speed Saturday after the Wicked Women dyno day so he could work his magic on it. He replaced all the fuel lines as well as the oil relocator and lines, so now it has all new fancy braided lines and looks awesome! Not to mention that it runs like a champ and doesn't leak fuel or oil anymore. So big thanks to Craig and the guys at Cincy Speed and Rob at Rigid, I hear you did some welding. THANK YOU!!!

You can see pics on Cincy Speed's MySpace page, here's a linky, hope it works...
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=269453356&albumId=813409

mach_u
04-17-2008, 09:18 AM
I was extremely impressed with the work and attention to detail! It's tough for a cheap SOB like myself to lay out some coin to do a job like this but there is no way in hell I could have done it as well or as quickly. I stole a few pics of Craig's page and the WW MySpace page but here are a whole bunch of pics:
http://www.stangheaven.com/factory_five_cobra.htm. Thankfully the fuel system is something we won't have to worry about for some time to come! :bigthumb
Here's the happy lady and her car:
http://www.stangheaven.com/images/cobra/wwdynoday15.jpg
On the lift:
http://www.stangheaven.com/images/cobra/fuelissues/fuelline2.jpg
Spare parts! :lol:
http://www.stangheaven.com/images/cobra/fuelissues/fuelline4.jpg

Evil_Capri
04-17-2008, 09:23 AM
SWEET!!!

R825OH
04-17-2008, 09:31 AM
ROCKON!!!

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Lookin' pretty good there Rachel! :bigthumb

Maximus
04-17-2008, 09:59 AM
THANK YOU Rachel and AJ for the oppurtunity and the compliments.:)
You guys had me worried when you mentioned a Fuel Leak and I was happy when you trailered the Cobra to the Dyno Day instead of risking the drive with those "factory" fuel lines.

The install went pretty smooth and I felt more comfortable when you told me to do it right and make her car safe. Nothing sucks more than a leaky unsafe car.:(

Rachel was a bit excited when she left the store....almoooost got it sideways!! Im sure after a few days behind the wheel, she is gonna enjoy her Cobra so much more and not having to worry about leaks will keep her mind at ease also.:)

Now how about those cool burnout pictures!!:rockon::D

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-17-2008, 10:08 AM
We were worried about the fuel leak too!! I am so glad that it is done right and now I don't have to worry about it. I definitely was excited when I left the store and tried to get it a little sideways, but I don't know the car that well yet and thought it best to play it safe. LOL Probably going to take it out a bit tonight if it is still nice. We'll have to work on the burnouts...

YouGotJunk
04-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Cincy Speed FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Moontang
04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
:wstupid:

PonymanfiveO
04-17-2008, 12:34 PM
done already? wow!

good job juys.

BigBadStang
04-17-2008, 01:29 PM
What were the dyno numbers Rachel?

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-17-2008, 03:22 PM
241RWHP/268RWTQ

Not too shabby considering it is a mostly stock 302 with some bolt-ons. Seeing as how it only weighs 2200lbs, it is pretty quick and the tires cut loose very easily! :evilgrin:

BigBadStang
04-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Very good for a "stocker" :lol:
:bigthumb

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks, I was pretty happy with it. Once we decide what/when we want to do to it, we'll probably get a tune and tweak a little more out of it, so we'll see. At this point, all I want to do is drive it. I just got it and want to enjoy it, especially with this kind of weather!

firestang70
04-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Rachel I dry humped your car down there! LOL I love the strip job on the car. Pics doesn't do the car justice. VERY nice ride.

Maximus
04-17-2008, 03:54 PM
it is pretty quick and the tires cut loose very easily! :evilgrin:

THATS what Im talking about!!!:bigthumb

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Rachel I dry humped your car down there! LOL I love the strip job on the car. Pics doesn't do the car justice. VERY nice ride.

Thank you very much! I love the simplicity of it, I really think it makes for a striking appearance.

THATS what Im talking about!!!:bigthumb

Hehehe, I do what I can...at least I'm try to learn. I get points for that right? ;)

theyallslow
04-17-2008, 04:41 PM
So Rachel whats next with the car?

Maximus
04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
So Rachel whats next with the car?

WHHOOooooooooosssshhhh!!!:rockon:

mach_u
04-17-2008, 06:07 PM
WHHOOooooooooosssshhhh!!!:rockon:
I don't know what you are talking about! :angel: This summer we just want to drive it, figure out if there are any more bugs and enjoy it. I am cooking up some plans for this winter though - with wifey's permission of course! :D Ideally I would like to do a small set of twins. There is so much room up front in the engine it's - it's begging for it! I would like to see how the T5 holds up over summer but there is a small chance it may need to be pulled for a little work. It struggles now and then getting into 3rd and if it's showing issues now, it's really not going to like powershifting 400+hp. :rockon:

Maximus
04-17-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't know what you are talking about! :angel: This summer we just want to drive it, figure out if there are any more bugs and enjoy it. I am cooking up some plans for this winter though - with wifey's permission of course! :D Ideally I would like to do a small set of twins. There is so much room up front in the engine it's - it's begging for it! I would like to see how the T5 holds up over summer but there is a small chance it may need to be pulled for a little work. It struggles now and then getting into 3rd and if it's showing issues now, it's really not going to like powershifting 400+hp. :rockon:

Adam has a TKO needing a new home. Low miles and looks like New on the inside.:bigthumb

IWRBB
04-17-2008, 06:37 PM
We were worried about the fuel leak too!! I am so glad that it is done right and now I don't have to worry about it. I definitely was excited when I left the store and tried to get it a little sideways, but I don't know the car that well yet and thought it best to play it safe. LOL Probably going to take it out a bit tonight if it is still nice. We'll have to work on the burnouts...

I have 2 extra metric bubble flare to 1/8"NPT fitting if you want to install a line lock. That's what you need on an 03 Cobra to avoid to the nightmare of adapter fittings going from metric to SAE and back.

Walter
04-17-2008, 06:59 PM

Just an opinion here, If your serious about boosting it I recommend just doing an s-trim. Much less hassle than a turbo(s) and cheaper. Especially it being the lady's car and all. Just pop the hood every now and again and make sure the belt is there. You dont want her worrying about boost leaks and exhaust leaks and all that jazz.

theyallslow
04-17-2008, 07:30 PM
cant wait to make that thing evil.

mach_u
04-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Adam has a TKO needing a new home. Low miles and looks like New on the inside.:bigthumb
You're killing me! :lol:

Just an opinion here, If your serious about boosting it I recommend just doing an s-trim. Much less hassle than a turbo(s) and cheaper. Especially it being the lady's car and all. Just pop the hood every now and again and make sure the belt is there. You dont want her worrying about boost leaks and exhaust leaks and all that jazz.
I've seen quite a few FF Cobra cars that were supercharged. I think a trick turbo setup will be a killer way to go and it will be something a little different. We are not really relying on it for anything, obviously not a daily driver so we've got some options to play around with. I appreciate the heads up though! ;) :bigthumb

Carl
04-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Hey Rachel....can I drive your car as a 'just got home from Afghanistan' present?? LOL

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-18-2008, 08:36 AM

Aw come on now, I can handle it! Just because I'm girl doesn't mean I don't deserve turbos! :nono: Don't get me started! Girls can't what!?!

Anyway, as AJ said, I really just want to drive it and enjoy it this summer since we just got it. Plus we do need to figure out if there are any other issues that reveal themselves over time. So far, so good, so we will see. Honestly, the next thing I want to do is upgrade the brakes...they seem spongey and if we do anything to add anymore horsepower, I really want to feel confident that I can stop the car when I need too. But, other than that, I don't know what I want to do just yet. I'm sure as I drive it more, the plans will reveal themselves to me. Turbos sound cool, but we'll see...

Carl, we'll see what we can do. ;)

cobra_SVT_Girl
04-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Especially it being the lady's car and all.

:lol: Brotha...you just don't know what you are in for!

We've got about 20 girls that would GLADLY hand you your ass at the track......

:cool1:

Holly
04-18-2008, 09:35 AM

Watch where you are stepping there guy. ;)

Maximus
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
WHOA!! Guy is gonna get Wicked Womanized!!!:eek::bigthumb

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-18-2008, 09:41 AM
LOL That's right, we got each other's backs! ;)

VuNiT3
04-18-2008, 09:43 AM

:HYF:

Gene
04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Aw come on now, I can handle it! Just because I'm girl doesn't mean I don't deserve turbos! :nono: Don't get me started! Girls can't what!?!

Uh, it's more of the hassles of owning/tuning a turbo car that he's talking about (ask Mark Riley about the fun of turbo cars).

Supercharged cars are a LOT less maintenance intensive and less of a tuning headache.

Big bore naturally aspirated care are even easier.

If you want to throw more power at it, I would do a high compression 408 vs. forced induction. In a car like that, it will be a lot more fun.

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-18-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm not arguing that superchargers are easier and less hassle than turboes. But when you throw in the line "especially it being the lady's car" changes the context of the statement. If it were AJ's car and he said he wanted to turbo it, most everyone would have said hell yeah, but if someone said do a supercharger because it is easier, it would have been for that fact alone. But in this case the supercharger was recommended because I was a girl and therefore should take the simpler route. At least that's how it came across to me. I'm not trying to start a whole gender/car discussion here, just saying don't be hatin on us girls!

Now as for a bigger motor, that is definitely something I'm considering, I love N/A cars!

Gene
04-18-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm not arguing that superchargers are easier and less hassle than turboes. But when you throw in the line "especially it being the lady's car" changes the context of the statement. If it were AJ's car and he said he wanted to turbo it, most everyone would have said hell yeah, but if someone said do a supercharger because it is easier, it would have been for that fact alone. But in this case the supercharger was recommended because I was a girl and therefore should take the simpler route. At least that's how it came across to me. I'm not trying to start a whole gender/car discussion here, just saying don't be hatin on us girls!

FWIW, I wouldn't suggest AJ turbo a car either, because I know how much he likes to whine when things aren't working perfectly. ;)

Now as for a bigger motor, that is definitely something I'm considering, I love N/A cars!

As an old roadracing buddy of mine once said "It's better to get it naturally than to force it in". :D

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-18-2008, 10:26 AM
FWIW, I wouldn't suggest AJ turbo a car either, because I know how much he likes to whine when things aren't working perfectly. ;)

HA! That's some funny shit right there... :lol:

ihave1sweetride
04-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Rach your car is awesome!! You could handle a turbo no problem!!

But Dude... just cause we are female doesn't mean we can't handle the power behind a car....

WW will def. show you up at the track!!

cobrajoe
04-18-2008, 11:29 AM
:lol: Brotha...you just don't know what you are in for!

We've got about 20 girls that would GLADLY hand you your ass at the track......

:cool1:

Watch where you are stepping there guy. ;)

:HYF:

Rach your car is awesome!! You could handle a turbo no problem!!

But Dude... just cause we are female doesn't mean we can't handle the power behind a car....

WW will def. show you up at the track!!

Oh Shit here it goes!

Hangingcogs
04-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Tuning a fuel injected power adder car is not that difficult. The hardest part to tune is part throttle and if you buy a wideband set up you can have the car driveable as hell in less than a days time. There is some killer free software, TunerPro.net, that now enables you to burn your own chip with your tune. If you know what you are doing, turbos are a much better way to go, in my opinion. With a electronic boost controller you can up the boost in the car when it is needed! :bigthumb But there is nothing wrong with a rowdy ass, big loping cam, floating on the valve springs, shifting at 10K RPMs all motor car....

MrsAPE
04-18-2008, 04:59 PM

Owned!! :cool1:

Pyro50
04-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh Shit here it goes!

Damn, wish I would have been on here ealier.....................there would have been rebuttals.....:coo1:

:boxing:

mach_u
04-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Whatever! :flipoff:

Brandon Alsept
04-18-2008, 07:49 PM
:bigthumb But there is nothing wrong with a rowdy ass, big loping cam, floating on the valve springs, shifting at 10K RPMs all motor car....

That brought a tear to my eye :bigthumb