PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the urge to sell!!!

mustangboy
04-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Well I've really been going back and forth lately on whether I should sell the car. I'm really tired of spending money and working on it. I know it is real close but I just really want something to drive now. I also would like to have something that has a back seat so the kids could ride along. I'm sure the urge will pass but it would be nice to have a jeep or even an nice stockish car w/ no cage. Maybe I just need to sell the big block and put a stock 5.0 in it. Sorry for thinking out loud I just don't know what the hell I want anymore. So if anyone has a nice Jeep CJ or wrangler or early bronco or street falcon or fairlaine especially wagons or even a stockish 5.0 car and would possibly want to trade for a big block mini tub car give me a shout. Or if anyone has a nice 5.0 or windsor that would like to trade for a big block I would consider that as well. Oh well I'll shut up now. Someone please smack me upside the head.

dedpedal
04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
If you sell it now, youll regret it deeply.

Goober
04-17-2008, 08:40 PM
+1! I regret selling mine almost everyday.

mustangboy
04-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I know I know. I honestly think the best thing to do would find a nice carbed 5.0 and let it rip for the summer. I should just park the big block in the corner till the wife finally gives in and says its ok to race. Anyone have a real cheap stock motor laying around.

graysonracin
04-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I kicked the idea of selling mine around for over a month, had a friend with cash in hand come to pick it up and i looked at the car again and had to back out. Keep it or you will regret it and have to start over again with another one. Thats how i got the stang ive got now. :)

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-17-2008, 09:30 PM
At least finish it so you can sell it at a higher price. Be smart about it, people always wanna lowball the life out of ya with an unfinished project.

DeckerEnt
04-17-2008, 09:40 PM
How close to driving it are you? Just get out there and do it. Get it done. It will be worth it after the first burnout.
Keith

Carl
04-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Kenny, if you sell it....I am gonna drive 9.5 hours and kick you in the junk...

Maximus
04-18-2008, 12:52 AM
You FN hOmo!! Im gonna kick you in the junk!!
Blah Blah sell it Blah Blah.....THUMP!! Hows them nutz feel now?!?!:lol:

Sell it?? You Crack head mofo! Dum-ass!! D___U__M___B!
Did I mention Im kickin you in the junk!!:dork:

Stangman
04-18-2008, 03:05 AM
Dont sell it!! If you did than that would mean I'd prolly get mine done before you... and we cant have that!

but if you do... umm... what do you want for that bigblock bellhousing?? :D

Silver Bullet
04-18-2008, 08:37 AM
I debated this a couple of times....

Stay with it and a least finish the project.

347sc
04-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I know how you feel.Mines gone as soon as I get the right offer. I want a bike.

Holly
04-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Mines gone as soon as I get the right offer.

I am starting to think that doesn't sound like a half bad idea. ;)

I want a bike.

I want a car I can drive around and race in the UMTR. :(

347sc
04-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Im tired of working on em. My hobby became my job and it sucks. I need to go back to paint work.

Stangman
04-18-2008, 11:32 AM
I am starting to think that doesn't sound like a half bad idea. ;)

I want a car I can drive around and race in the UMTR. :(

:jawdrop::jawdrop: do you take internal organs?!?!?!

93cobra
04-18-2008, 03:14 PM
i feel your pain...first burnout or not...i often wonder how i got myself involved....

im gonna stick it out & try to stay positive but i can tell you i learn from mistakes & try not to make any mistake twice....

knowing what i know now, i would have done things differently...what sucks is being nice guy dosen't always pay off

not crying asking for whine & cheese....just a little smarter now after learning hard way on how things work in this hobby

i will never enter any kind of build / modify / paint etc process again with anything....cars, airplanes etc... ever again without written contract with dead line delivery dates & penelties that hold people liable just like construction....if a job is not completed by delivery date promised in most commercial construction, the builder or contractor could be fined thousands of dollars a day until finished....with cars / boats / airplanes etc...for example....paint my airplane...ok you say it will be finished by june 31....no problem...if it takes until july 10th....ok there is a $150 per day deduction off bill etc.. until completed. this is why 99% of all construction projects are finished on time...if your late....you lose your ass.....its not an option.

if the guy painting my airplane dosen't want to fool with a contract...i walk & pay the next guy that wants my business ...period

this is my opinion anyway....not bitter now...rob at rigid is one of the best guys you'll ever meet & is awesome at what he does & i honestly wouldn't want my car anywhere else but in his hands for what im having done.... its not all his fault on my delayed finished project....we have definitely had some issues with parts....etc... again...im just a little wiser & less nieve about how quickly things come together...etc..

BlazinEagle
04-18-2008, 04:19 PM
YOU CANNOT SELL THAT CAR!
I sold it back to you so that you could finish it....NOW FINISH IT!

Katmandu
04-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Well I've really been going back and forth lately on whether I should sell the car. I'm really tired of spending money and working on it. I know it is real close but I just really want something to drive now. I also would like to have something that has a back seat so the kids could ride along. Maybe you just need to downsize your project to something more managable.

I threw in the towel on my 89LX Vert a couple years back. I was doing a carbed 347 stroker for it. I got tired of working on it and NOT being able to drive it!

I finally came to reality that the project wasn't going to happen (they way I wanted it to). I ended up parting it out and sell it all off (met A LOT of Stangbangerz in the process!)

Anyways, I ended up buying a RUNNING Fox body! (car in my signature).

The key word here is RUNNING !! :bigthumb

If you sell it off and don't replace it you WILL always regret it !!!!

mustangboy
04-18-2008, 09:46 PM
If I downsized anymore I'd be modding a Schwinn. In reality I'm a cam away from the car being completely streetable. If I was looking to race it only it would be ready now. I think I'm at one of those momemts where I need to forget about it for a couple weeks and then get back on it.

DeckerEnt
04-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Craig is only a phone call away. And he does layaway!!!
Don't give up now. You are too close to quit. It looks like alot of us are behind you on this. If you need help, just post it up. If I can, I will be over to lend a hand. You have one bitchen car and it needs to see the streets with you behind the wheel.
Keith

Katmandu
04-18-2008, 09:57 PM
In reality I'm a cam away from the car being completely streetable. Explain more. I'm sure we can find you a solution. :cool2:

mustangboy
04-18-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm just tired of working on shit. Seems like a never ending battle. Now tonight I'm working on the 4 wheeler and broke the tool I was trying to fix it with. Fuck it, it will just have to sit. I'm tempted just to take the car somewhere and let them put the cam in it and not even bother with it, I'm so ready for a vaction. Thankfully I'l be partying my ass off he G'burg here very soon.

mustangboy
04-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Explain more. I'm sure we can find you a solution.

Its not that big of a deal I just need to pick out a good street grind and put it in. Not really that big of a deal but I'm just tired of working on stuff all the time. I feel like I'm getting old and just wanna let someone else work on my stuff and just sit back and watch. Craig if you see this how much you charge me to swap a cam?

DeckerEnt
04-18-2008, 10:06 PM
We must need a "Need help" section. If you let us know when, I am sure a few of us would show up and lend a hand, tool, something. Seems like you are just getting frustrated with it. Go to TN and forget about it for a while. When you get back, post up a night to get some stuff done. If I can, I will show up.
Keith

Maximus
04-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Its not that big of a deal I just need to pick out a good street grind and put it in. Not really that big of a deal but I'm just tired of working on stuff all the time. I feel like I'm getting old and just wanna let someone else work on my stuff and just sit back and watch. Craig if you see this how much you charge me to swap a cam?

Come see me so we can get ya in. :)

Katmandu
04-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Come see me so we can get ya in. :)See that! That's what Stangerbangerz are all about! :bigthumb

Timido
04-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Dont let it get to you take a break. Then go to the race track. Then go to fillmores. Then get that damn car done. It looks cool get it drivable cruise around with it for a year then make a decision

mustangboy
04-19-2008, 12:45 PM
I was going to go to the track but someone was afraid of a little rain.

Silver Bullet
04-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Yes, take a break from it if you need. If you are that unhappy and frustrated after the break, sell it. One bonus from that is it will save you a bunch of $$$!;)

IWRBB
04-19-2008, 04:28 PM
i will never enter any kind of build / modify / paint etc process again with anything....cars, airplanes etc... ever again without written contract with dead line delivery dates & penelties that hold people liable just like construction.

Honestly, that's one of the main reasons I sold my 94 Cobra and bought the 03 Cobra. The paint on the 94 was beat, a black car that had sat outside and had 70K on it. Dealing with a body shop and repainting a car SUCKS, I've done it many times. There's nothing I want to avoid more than a paint job when it comes to cars. I'd gladly pay $5K more for a project car that was garaged and has pristine original paint than I would for a car with peeling paint. It's just not worth the aggrevation, and you'll be close to $5K do it right anyways.

mustangboy
04-19-2008, 05:03 PM
That another thing I will need is paint. I've been seriously thinking about looking into a full wrap. The way I figure it, it won't cost anymore and could be completed in a weekend. The car would not have to be completely dismantled and apart for god knows how long. It looking more and more apealling the more I think about it. Plus you can do some really wicked graphics.

Timido
04-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Hum %20 rain tomorow maybe I will go to tristate. No reason to waste $100 in gas when there was a 50-70% chance of rain in louisville.

Timido
04-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Ha they rained out Ohio Valley yesterday. Today I ran at tristate before they called it for rain.

Silver Bullet
04-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Ha they rained out Ohio Valley yesterday. Today I ran at tristate before they called it for rain.

What did it run?

Timido
04-20-2008, 07:57 PM
6.51 6.52 6.53 ;) 1/8th mile no-box