PDA

View Full Version : No turn signals

Aweasel
04-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Both hazard and flashers were replaced with units from my camaro which I know work(double checked, they work). I'm getting voltage at the fuse and through both hazard and turn signal flashers so someone help me out here. Hazards as well as turn signals don't work...more important that I get the signals working because I have to have it inspected by the BMV(transferring from KY to OH title). Thanks fellas.

Aweasel
04-18-2008, 03:43 PM
I should add, hazards/signals didn't work before I switched to the other flashers, it was just something to try, I still have the old ones.

Timido
04-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Did you check the power and Grounds at the bulb? Maybe the circuit shares a common ground with all the lights and it is bad

Aweasel
04-21-2008, 02:04 PM
I didn't think about it but would not having the cluster in the car cause this to happen? I do know voltage passes through the left side connector into the cluster and out the right and then is grounded, perhaps this is causing my lack of turn signals?

94gtvert
04-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Not having a cluster in the car could definatly cause this. Get that cluster in and go from there.

Aweasel
04-21-2008, 10:21 PM
sweet, I didn't think anything of it at the time. Thanks a lot.

Aweasel
04-22-2008, 03:23 PM
would taking out the cluster keep the alternator from charging the battery and powering the car while running? While running the voltage drops on the battery slowly but surely at idle without jumper cables on it.

Timido
04-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Yes no cluster in ther car the car would not charge. I think it is the field wire for the alternator gets its power from the cluster. It is somthing to do with the no charge light working.

Aweasel
04-22-2008, 08:19 PM
*whew* crazy ford and their voodoo. alrighty then, time to throw it back together. Thanks everyone for sharing your wisdom.