PDA

View Full Version : Tire review-Nitto Terra Graplers

Ranger50
04-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Bought these because they are CHEAP, $600 for 4 tires shipped, for a semi-offroad poser tire for a semi-offroad poser vehicle, aka the wifey's '04 Avalanche. :)

So far after one trip to Michigan, 1k miles round trip approx., and several trips already to Pike County, I'm impressed. Fairly low road noise, wifey ain't complained yet, her biggest issue with tires. Decent overall performance in dry and wet road conditions.

The only downfalls I have witnessed is the LOSS of ONE mpg average, totally livable in my book. The other is the bitch they are to actually install on the rims. The one bead goes on FINE but the second bead doesn't want to squeeze over the rim for chit. (Yes, I have a tire machine at my disposal. :tongue2:)

So to recap:

Performance: A-/B+
Traction: A-
Ease of Install: B-/C+

Overall: B+

Just remember, your mileage may very. :)
Brian

Buckeye
04-19-2008, 11:41 PM
I have heard a few people say they love these.

Nfamus
04-20-2008, 09:08 AM
I have had them on my 05 GMC 2500 for about 2 1/2 years and no complaints.

PonymanfiveO
04-20-2008, 10:36 PM
What size did you have to buy for them to be cheap?

I have a set on the truck, on 20" x10" wheels and the tires were as much as the wheels! :eek:

Ranger50
04-21-2008, 07:36 AM
What size did you have to buy for them to be cheap?

I have a set on the truck, on 20" x10" wheels and the tires were as much as the wheels! :eek:

P265/70r17's. Most of the other tires I was looking at were starting at $170-up. BTW, I got them from discounttiredirect.com. The price included free tire replacement certificates, free shipping, and valve stems.

Pay to play, Matt. ;)

B