PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over

Stang849
04-20-2008, 07:57 AM
It sucks balls to have to start over!!!!!

Well after 11.5 years of marriage and being together for close to 15, my wife and I are getting a divorce. This week has been the hardest of my life. I won't go in to details, but I was hit out of the blue this week when she told me. So at the age of 35, I get to start over. Luckily I can afford to keep my cobra, my bike, and she is letting me keep the house. The split seems that it is going to be very amicable, so that is making it a little easier. Once I start sleeping and eating again, I'm sure everything will get better. Thanks for listening to my venting.

Mods if this needs to be in the rant section, please feel free to move it.

02mingryGT
04-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Sorry to hear that guy. Good Luck.

08 Vette
04-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Life takes many turns, keep your head up and push on. In time things will be better.
Best of luck to you!

PaulFiveOh
04-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Best of luck is right friend.

At least it sounds like she is wanting to save the mess of probate court or what ever it is.

But truly, we're here for ya brotha.

ponymom05
04-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Sorry for your situation. People have to start over in life for many different reasons. Just know that it will get better in time. You didn't mention children. I hope if there are any that you both treat them with respect in all this. And remember who your true friends are. Don't take advantage of them during your loss. You will want them to be there for/with you when your life settles back down. Good luck to you.

mach_u
04-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Man dude, that sucks! :( If you need anything at all, just let me know!

plattner01
04-20-2008, 10:50 AM
my older brother was the same. except he was 37 , and out of the blue she wanted a divorce. quick summary he's married again and happy at 42. but he didnt get to keep the house was a bad divorce, for him and the 2 kids.but he moved on and so will you.

Jeepman1991
04-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Go get a 25-year-old hottie with big bewbies and make her jealous.

Seriously live it up playing the field. Have some fun.

Make the most out of a bad situation.

MrsAPE
04-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Sorry to hear this. Keep that chin up.

Sharad
04-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Woah. Sorry to hear that man. Do you guys have kids?

Like everyone else said, keep your head up and get out there and have some fun!

Stang849
04-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks guys, you will probably be seeing more of me at events and get togethers, just to get out of the house.

And thankfully, we had chosen when we first got together not to have kids, so it should be a quick and clean divorce.

Sharad
04-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Well, not that it makes it any easier... but at least it will be less messy.

In that case, I'm with the Jeepman... 25 yr old blonde hottie with big bewbies.

graysonracin
04-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Keep your head up man, just take the time to figure out where to go from here and try to have some fun along the way, you never know where youll end up. On the plus side shes not trying to take you to the cleaners. Just try to concentrate on what you want know.:)

firestang70
04-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Hope all works out well for you man. Hang in there.

RIXXX93GT
04-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Go get a 25-year-old hottie with big bewbies and make her jealous.

Seriously live it up playing the field. Have some fun.

Make the most out of a bad situation.

Thats what I did except she was 22, didnt know then that we would be a very good match and have been together now for 7 years she has a heart of gold.

denial
04-20-2008, 04:09 PM
best thing that ever happened to me! i found me a rich nurse and living great!

Stang849
04-20-2008, 10:17 PM
When I'm ready, i'll start asking every blond i see if she is 25

Mista Bone
04-21-2008, 12:08 AM
one word, dissolution if the spilt is amiciable.

Get a lawyer, he'll give you the paperwork to fill out, YOU pay the lawyer, then goto court. The reason I say you pay the lawyer, you'll be standing with him/her, she gets to stand with public defender :)

That was a shocker to my ex-wife!!!!!!!

OH yeah, you've no kids in the mix, should be easy. I have one final child support payment left!

Holly
04-21-2008, 08:51 AM
People have to start over in life for many different reasons. Just know that it will get better in time.

Cathy and I know this first hand. ;)

I'm really to hear about your divorce. Life isn't fair sometimes, but I still believe that everything happens for a reason.

Waffles
04-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Thats what I did except she was 22, didnt know then that we would be a very good match and have been together now for 7 years she has a heart of gold.

Haha... mine was 19, but I was 30... so I guess 35 and 25 work out about the same. Glad yours worked out better than mine did. We only lasted for about 7 months but it sure was fun! lol

Stang849, my suggestion, honestly, is to read as much as you can about managing the change in your life. Even get some counseling if you feel like it'd be helpful. Nothing "unmanly" about having someone uninvolved to talk to and help with sorting yourself out. It's a tough time for anyone. Lean on your friends, that's what they're there for. And lastly, start spending your extra money on the Cobra :D You can't go wrong there, she'll never leave you.

Blackpony
04-21-2008, 09:21 AM
I know what you mean bout starting over. I was with my ex for 11 years when she dropped the bomb on me. Lucky or me when I took a position out here I met a wonderful women that changed my life forever and after two years together she gave me the greatest gift a son. Life may suck for you for awhile just keep your head up. It does get better.

Stang 38L
04-21-2008, 09:34 AM
one word, dissolution if the spilt is amiciable.

Get a lawyer, he'll give you the paperwork to fill out, YOU pay the lawyer, then goto court. The reason I say you pay the lawyer, you'll be standing with him/her, she gets to stand with public defender :)

That was a shocker to my ex-wife!!!!!!!

OH yeah, you've no kids in the mix, should be easy. I have one final child support payment left!

Thats how I did it when I got divorced from my first wife.

NXcoupe
04-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Keep your chin up! It does get better, believe me. You don't want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with you, anyway. There is some good advice here, seek some counseling or just spend time with close friends that will shut up and listen to you when you need it. Good luck! God's speed!

Stang849
04-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys for all the advice!! :) Things are going pretty good. I've had a ton of time to think about things and life in general. I know I will grow exponentially in the upcoming months. I have a great support group of family and friends that have already helped out. Now it will just take time, to heal and grow. Once again thanks for the advice and encouragement.

SVT Fan
04-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Things will heal up with time. I had the same thing happen to me. It took some thime to start feeling better but you will. I went out alot and had some fun and after a little time you will feel better too. I am now engaged to a beautiful moman who is carring my first child and I couldn't be more happy. Good luck with everything.

Black Hole
04-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Keep your head up Scott and take the Cobra for a ride to clear your head.

Stangman
04-24-2008, 11:25 PM
take the Cobra for a ride to clear your head.

Lemme tell ya that works pretty damn well! even if you are like me and dont have a Cobra, but when my girl left me I had trouble eating and sleeping too, talking with friends works great, I've been doing that a lot lately, also I dont think there is anything that a cruise down a bunch of backroads, burnouts, and a scenic trip down Rt. 52 cant take care of!1

Stang849
04-25-2008, 10:02 AM
I have been driving the cobra, and riding my motorcycle to clear my head. Right now I'm pretty comfortable with the decision she made. Now its time to get out and have some fun, and enjoy life.

I'll see you guys at the Cruise on Sunday!!

MrsAPE
04-25-2008, 10:20 AM
^Now that is a GREAT attitude!!